It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a result from spending to much time on Conspiracy Forums?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I was really up in the air on where to post this as it could fall under a number of categories. Please feel free to move it to a more appropriate forum if this one isn't suitable. (Thanks)

OK, Ill get right to it..Ive been watching this couple Joshua and Sharyn Hakken in the news recently and from what Ive watched and read it appears that they are a seriously disturbed couple......Or are they??

(side note-He looks wild eyed & crazy but he didnt always look like this)

I'll add a couple of the news sources that are out there before I get to my observations and questions.

www.wtsp.com...

and

scaredmonkeys.com...

Sharyn and Josh Hakken were/are a well educated couple, they are both Engineers and from the looks of things they lived a seemingly normal kind of life. Up until about a year ago.

It appears that they went off the deep end, in a BIG KINDA way. They had lost custody of their 2 sons and this past April they kidnapped them and set sail for asylum in Cuba. (Cuba...really?)
They are claiming that the Gov't is using Mind Control on them. That they have been drugged in their home. They've had Microwave "Rays"? used on them.
Josh even built an elaborate ventilation system in their home because of Chemtrails. He syas he is being harassed because he posted anarchist/libertarian postings on firearm and homeschooling forums.

The couple said they were "taking a journey to the Armageddon". They spoke of “Temple of Winds” on the west coast and going to the “Valley of Rahaan.”

And so much more...You'll have to read some news articles to appreciate just how "far out" this couple has become.

It may just be me but I seem to be hearing more and more about people that are "going off the deep end". The thing I find odd is, How is it that 2 people go crazy in the same way...I mean, with the same delusions etc.
Im wondering if this could be a result of spending to much time on the internet (conspiracy forums) and the such or could there just be something to their claims.

Please feel free to discuss..I will be checking in but it will be sporadic. I dont have to much time this weekend.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Without even reading the links (yet), I'll offer that there are a few areas that have been targeted in such a way as to categorize participants as being fringe groups and threats to society. Preppers and home-schoolers fall in that arena. Obviously, the government has an issue with both. They don't want people being able to live off the grid. As for home schooling, they don't want people running loose who haven't been indoctrinated. You can call that a conspiracy or not, but it's happening nonetheless. The proof is in the pudding so to speak.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
So there being clammed nut jobs.. ok, and this got attention from the news for the people... Ok because i am so sure there aren't way more harmful things befalling children. far worse abuse. but lets talk about it on the news because it goes with todays times and how conspiracy theorist are fun%in nuts
edit on 27-9-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

delionqueen1
How is it that 2 people go crazy in the same way...I mean, with the same delusions etc.
Im wondering if this could be a result of spending to much time on the internet (conspiracy forums) and the such or could there just be something to their claims.

When TWO people, both intelligent, start making claims, there just might be some truth in it. If what they believe is true then we can expect to see them being rubbished within the msm, and that does appear to be happening, why else would they pay so much attention if they really are crackpots?
I'm not saying they're not crackpots, just dont see why the media would go to all this trouble if thats what they are.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by delionqueen1

- i usually ignore these stories [ the story; not as in 'your post']
but this one just got my interest
it feels to me as a guided setup

as in ' to help escalate an unstable couple '

i saw the links you gave; and that this started back in april already
- but for some reason, msm is bringing this back into her 'news'

from your link
" There are photographs -- hundreds of them -- taken of the Hakkens on their plane-trip back from Cuba and at the garage where officials found the SUV they used to kidnap the boys. There are dozens of pictures of the sailboat"

..that dont seem like a Lucky pair of surveillance camera shots ?

please,
can you give more information about 'the valley ' and ' the temple'?

there is something with this case, cant put my finger on it
but i sense it has been fabricated into a Ritual

thanks,

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Nah, mind control is the new "go to" excuse for everything.

"You can't be coming to work off your ass 4 hours late........"
".....itssssss eh......mind cont...rolll bosss...."

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Just because you have a degree in engineering doesn't mean you don't have a touch of crazy too. I like to think that most people with complex degrees are super intelligent but as we all know there are people who can function perfectly withing a structured environment such as a job and yet be totally dysfunctional socially or in another aspect of their life.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

dbates
Just because you have a degree in engineering doesn't mean you don't have a touch of crazy too. I like to think that most people with complex degrees are super intelligent but as we all know there are people who can function perfectly withing a structured environment such as a job and yet be totally dysfunctional socially or in another aspect of their life.

Heaven knows I'm proof of that!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

It may just be me but I seem to be hearing more and more about people that are "going off the deep end".

Like who?.....got any examples?

As a species, we've had people going off the rails since before Moses was a lad!......more people on the planet = more people going loopy!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I think oftentimes one person will go batpoo and the other is more of a follower. Remember the two sisters that tried to commit suicide by running into traffic? I don't think they both flipped at the same time, I think one did and the other was conditioned to follow her. Think about the Manson family, or about people with Stockholm Syndrome.

Having an education and being smart doesn't necessarily mean sane. I'm sure I'll rile the homeschoolers, preppers and survivalist types, but I do think there is a higher propensity for nutter butters in those circles. You have to have at least a modicum of paranoia (which is a good thing IMO) to be attracted to those lifestyles, and those that are already on the verge could easily get pushed over constantly worrying the world is going to crumble around them. Again, obviously not all of these people are crazy, but I think it's pretty normal to find crazies among them.

Yes I do think that reading conspiracies all the time will help fuel some people's paranoia. It seems there are types that just sort of believe whatever they're told. When someone is delusional I think it's fairly easy for those delusions to snowball.

One of the things I think these people don't realize is that they are not that important. Seriously, so you posted on a few anti government sites and are a prepper. So are millions of other people.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

dbates

Very true.

I don't know about you guys but to me the dude looks a little bit spooky.

Who knows what drove them to such extreme actions, in my unprofessional opinion it was most likely a number of different events.

The key to staying under the government's radar is 'acting' normal even if you're bat # crazy. How did they not realize they were attracting more and more attention to themselves?

Too much viewing of conspiracy websites? Maybe but I don't think that alone will drive you crazy. I don't think it does you any good but it's fun to visit the asylum once in awhile.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Its usually best when going down a dark deep rabbit hole to leave yourself a ladder.

Maintaining a balanced sense of humour works well.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I heard about this. I have no idea. But when Iheard what they claimed (microwave weapons) it struck me that it's quite the coincidence right after the last shooter claimed the same.

I can only imagine it's a growing problem.

I do not for a moment believe there are microwave weapons being used on the populace, especially when it's always people with a serious mental issue who claim it, and when the details of how the devices operate don't actually reflect the experiences. Vibrating? Tingling? The things cause pain and burns.

I dunno, it's all going up the creek these days. So many things are turning out to have truth strewn into them that it's becoming impossible to state for certain if a thing can be happening or not.

But in my opinion, it's a delusion. These folk are, or maybe one is, leaving their faculties and taking the other with them. It's happened before.

For all you really know, a third party may be acting with certain technologies, but with so much anti-governemnt sentiment it relates back to them without proper consideration. Who knows. I dont.

The pic looks like an Aussie Footballer, as a side note. They're all retarded in some way. Perhaps he likes sports a little too much.

I just dont know. But when your own parents are calling the police on you, something has changed.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Perhaps were they just too gullible for their own good and began to take all conspiracies for absolute truth? I can see how this would easily spiral out of control, even in two people that know each other. Strong reasoning seems not to be their strong points.

This is not to say that there is not some validity behind some conspiracy theories. I still believe that there was a coverup behind Benghazi and that our Executive Administration has been aiding the al-Nusra Front (jihadists affiliated with al-Qaeda) in Syria.

But... Mistaking jet contrails for chemical poison? Microwave weapons? Mind control devices? They also probably believed in Nibiru (There is no way such a planet could exist in that kind of orbit and still permit life to evolve and flourish on Earth.)

Conspiracy theories are fun to investigate and read about, but people like this couple and the Aaron Alexis seriously need to learn to think about what they read, as well as the possible motivations and mental state of the person who wrote it.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Well, the government is making the drugs available to us to drug ourselves, but we have the freedom to choose which chemistry we consume. Most people enjoy being a little dopy, living in bliss and ignorance is the American way. I don't worry about being battered with microwaves, we don't have a microwave anymore, it is actually more enjoyable without it. We chose to get rid of it because we were always standing in front of it waiting to eat. Since we got rid of it, we both lost a little weight because it is not so convenient to eat anymore.

I read a lot more articles than I see on this site and I usually research both sides of everything. My eyes are wide open though, probably from staring at the monitor so much.
I know I am no longer considered normal here in the USA, I know to much of reality. I guess you are only crazy if you say something about it though.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This isn't my area of expertise when I was a nurse, but I did make my rounds in training so I've a basic overview of which I'm speaking, aside from my own personal experience that led me to depression and anxiety (PTSD) and a family member who does have a paranoid personality to a point of what I would classify disorder.

There is a precedence for shared paranoid, delusional disorders.

People can and do enable one another. Reinforce ideas and theories until they convince each other it is reality and truth.

I have a family member, who through a very real and actual stalking, has developed a form of paranoia towards everyone and society in general. As though, she is that important and bearing signifigance to the macrocosm of the whole world, rather than the microcosm of her world. Because I refuse to enable this thinking, (messianic ideology) I myself am often accused of being a part of "them". Those out to spy on her and watch her. It gets tricky for me because I have to acknowledge she was stalked at one point, period in her life. However, she's extended the scope dramatically, and fallen to delusional thinking in trying to process and cope. I find it better to present myself as a grounding for her, rather than encourage and enable her destructive thinking. And it IS destructive and frightening.

It's a guess, but I think - when their children were taken from them, it likely served as validation that the nefarious government or shadow group was indeed out to get them. It likely served as the catalyst that solidified all their theories into truth. Just a thought...

CdT

new topics

top topics

join