It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seymour Hersh on Obama, NSA and the 'pathetic' American media

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

From the Guardian 27 September 2013:

It doesn't take much to fire up Hersh, the investigative journalist who has been the nemesis of US presidents since the 1960s and who was once described by the Republican party as "the closest thing American journalism has to a terrorist".

He is angry about the timidity of journalists in America, their failure to challenge the White House and be an unpopular messenger of truth.

Don't even get him started on the New York Times which, he says, spends "so much more time carrying water for Obama than I ever thought they would" – or the death of Osama bin Laden. "Nothing's been done about that story, it's one big lie, not one word of it is true," he says of the dramatic US Navy Seals raid in 2011.

Seymour Hersh is one of the best-sourced journalists in America, who's been breaking huge stories of government scandals ever since the My Lai massacre, says that the official government story of Osama Bin Laden's assassination is "one big lie."

If Hersh can prove this claim (which I am confident he will) and establish Bin Laden's death occurring in December 2001, it will be a game-changer of monumental proportions.
edit on 9/27/2013 by NickDC202 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/28/2013 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline Please

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

The fact that they "buried" him at sea is troubling. Smells like fish

American News networks are notorious for news spinning

edit on 27-9-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Good luck to him. I am not sure that even that revelation proved would be enough for people to discard the blinders unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I hope he shouts this, and 9-11 reality, from the rooftops.

And has a fantastic, unbribe-able bodyguard or he'll end up like Michael Hastings who was shot with a drone missile.

It's going to take some spectacular proof and connections to break through the complicity of the corporate-owned media to get the sheep to finally notice what's really going on.

I'm so sick of the lies... Everything is based on lies. Only profit matters, not people's safety or health or the globe's welfare. We're going to be the only creature in history to commit suicide for money.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I was just reading this article and he spells it out like a champ. I highly recommend reading the whole thing and passing it along.

Aside from the Osama truth, he calls out a lot of the bs of the MSM and the government they allow to get away with so much.

The Obama administration lies systematically, he claims, yet none of the leviathans of American media, the TV networks or big print titles, challenge him.

"Like killing people, how does [Obama] get away with the drone programme, why aren't we doing more? How does he justify it? What's the intelligence? Why don't we find out how good or bad this policy is? Why do newspapers constantly cite the two or three groups that monitor drone killings. Why don't we do our own work?

edit on 27-9-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I agree about what he says about journalism, but does HE!!
Why have we got to wait for his book to know the facts? Shouldn't he be throwing it at us NOW!!
edit on 27-9-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

I for one, had a bit of a hard time swallowing that pill myself. "Oh yeah, we just dumped him off in the ocean out of respect for Muslim tradition" - After we desecrated his home and killed him and his wife...
I've mentioned this to others and they assure me that DNA was taken an verified. Does anyone have any information regarding that?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

“In war, the Truth must Always be Guarded by a Bodyguard of Lies.”

Winston Churchill

Same holds True Today , we Are at War , Only this Time we do not Know who the Real Enemy is .........Yet ...
_

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

VoidHawk
Why have we got to wait for his book to know the facts? Shouldn't he be throwing it at us NOW!!

I agree too.

BUT, let him put his money where his mouth is.

Oh yeah, I forgot, money is the root...

He may well believe what he says but he believes in money over truth, apparently.

edit on 9/27/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think Seymore is right along with a few other,

The Osama bin Laden Myth
November 26, 2012 | Categories: Articles & Columns | Tags: craig roberts bin laden, | Print This Article Print This Article
www.paulcraigroberts.org...
The interview below with Osama bin Laden was conducted by the Karachi, Pakistan, daily newspaper, Ummat and published on September 28, 2001, 17 days after the alleged, but unsubstantiated, al Qaeda attack of September 11, 2001, on the World Trade Center twin towers and Pentagon. The interview was sensational. The alleged “mastermind” of 9/11 said that he and al Qaeda had nothing to do with the 9/11 attack. The British Broadcasting Corporation’s World Monitoring Service had the interview translated into English and made public on September 29, 2001.

Osama bin Laden’s sensational denial was not reported by the US print and TV media. It was not investigated by the executive branch. No one in the US Congress called attention to bin Laden’s refusal of responsibility for the greatest humiliation ever inflicted on a superpower.

No US sailor saw Bin Laden’s alleged burial

An email supposedly sent by a Navy officer claims Osama bin Laden was washed, wrapped in a white sheet, and then placed in a weighted bag, according to the Daily Mail. Another email allegedly sent by Vinson’s public affairs officer claims only a small group of the ship’s leadership was informed of the burial.

“A military officer read prepared religious remarks, which were translated into Arabic by a native speaker. After the words were complete, the body was placed on a prepared flat board, tipped up, whereupon the deceased’s body slid into the sea,” Adm. Charles Gaouette said in the email.

Recipients of the email included Adm. Mike Mullen, then chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and Gen. James Mattis, top officer at U.S. Central Command.

The Defense Department previously said it did not have any photographs or video to support its claim the SEALs killed the al-Qaeda leader. It also admitted there were no images taken of Bin Laden’s body on the Vinton.

The Pentagon does not have a death certificate, autopsy report or results of DNA identification tests for bin Laden, or any pre-raid materials discussing how the government planned to dispose of bin Laden’s body if he were killed,

presstv.com...

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

TKDRL
Good luck to him. I am not sure that even that revelation proved would be enough for people to discard the blinders unfortunately.

In July 2013, Glenn Greenwald mentioned to the Daily Beast that Snowden had a "nuclear option" of material that if anything should happen to Snowden such material would be made public.

I spent some time hypothesizing as to what he might have that could actually cause the phony outrage to become actual outrage and get the American public angry enough that things would likely change in a manner that elected officials fear.

Noting that all evidence suggests that Snowden loves America and American's civil rights I cannot fathom that Snowden would release the names and locations of American covert agents globally or release anything that would fundamentally violate the safety of civilians.

Then, I began to focus on the "touchtone moments"/shared experiences of the last 40/50 years that would change every American's complete perception of such an event and the truth would not only make American's feel violated, but make every American very angry. I also thought it would be critically important if President's from both parties were equally responsible because it would void any justification by the public to blame "Republicans" or "Democrats", instead it would show how both parties f'd them big time.

The only event that met such a criteria is the death of Bin Laden.

Under my hypothesis the mainstream media reports of Bin Laden's death in December 2001 were accurate.

Bin Laden was the boogieman used to cause Americans to live in fear and support the loss of civil liberties in order to "keep us safe". Remember the government went all-in on the meme of Bin Laden being the master terrorist whose leadership is the glue that holds terrorists together, the message was if we get Bin Laden then his terrorist network will fold like a deck of cards. Without the "face" of Al Qaeda it is much harder to gain public buy-in for the war on terror -- it's essentially Halloween without Michael Myers or having a Nightmare on Elm Street with no Freddy Kruger...

In December 2001 the Bin Laden meme was such that Americans believed if Bin Laden is killed then we are safe.

If the public knew of his death and the US claimed a "victory" in his killing (even if by natural causes), then:
- The Patriot Act could never pass
- Support for the Iraq War would never occur
- Thousands of American military personal wouldn't have been senselessly killed in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Over a million civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan would not have been needlessly killed
- The war on terror would not have materialized at the level that Bin Laden as the boogieman enabled it to grow
- The surveillance state would not have been tolerated
- President Obama wouldn't be allowed to kill thousands of civilians and American citizens who haven't been charged with a crime with his robot drones
- Billions and billions of dollars could be rebuilding Detroit instead of Iraq
- Americans wouldn't scare so easily
- America would not be hated in the eyes of almost every other country on the planet.

Given the perpetuation of the lie and escalation of the lie by both Obama and Bush, noting that both men were involved in pushing the lie and using the lie to their advantage I concluded that of any possible event that would completely dispel our feelings about and understanding of an American "touchtone moment" that the death of Bin Laden was the one which has the most potential to bring together citizens of all political affiliations to say enough is enough, we are tired of your sh*t and bring us together to create real change starting with making it impossible for any elected official to win their next election and others in on the lie would face prosecution for their crimes.

If Hersh can prove Bin Laden died in December 2001, it's the one thing I truly believe will change everything.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

sageturkey
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

I for one, had a bit of a hard time swallowing that pill myself. "Oh yeah, we just dumped him off in the ocean out of respect for Muslim tradition" - After we desecrated his home and killed him and his wife...
I've mentioned this to others and they assure me that DNA was taken an verified. Does anyone have any information regarding that?

Aside from the fact that the technology does not exist to produce a DNA analysis in the time between the "raid" and Obama's "announcement", one of the military financial reports that Snowden released to the Washington Post had a line item for the Bin Laden DNA test occurring at a lab in Afghanistan.

This was released the week before Obama's trip to Russia. I found the timing of it's publication not so much curious but as a way to send a message -- noting it was published in the Washington Post -- if my hypothesis was correct I saw the message from Snowden to the Obama administration saying 'want to remind you what I have; if you try to get me or cut a deal with Putin to turn me over then Americans will know about your lies and what you and Bush did; they will not be happy to say the least...'

Just my thought at the time... Who knows...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
He will no doubtedly have an "accident", or somehow be killed just like the boys in seal team six did. It is my opinion they were killed to keep anyone from possibly coming out and exposing the fact that Osama was NOT in fact killed in a raid that day.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

So very eloquently put, I'd give you 4 stars if I could. Not to mention the whole Seal Team Six Crash thing...
SEAL Team Six Helicopter Crash. Let's debunk a myth...
I've seen interviews with family members who are adamant that they were murdered...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

VoidHawk

Note the Politico's coverage of the Hersh story "Seymour Hersh: U.S. media is 'pathetic'" www.politico.com... Not one mention of Bin Laden; I found this quite curious.

I would argue that it is not so much waiting for the book to be published but a well orchestrated timed release by Hersh in order to capture the attention of the American public. I'd suggest that the seed published today was done so as a way of planting the idea in the minds of Americans and the facts will be fully shared in the coming weeks when the timing is right to make the biggest impact.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

sageturkey

So very eloquently put, I'd give you 4 stars if I could. Not to mention the whole Seal Team Six Crash thing...
SEAL Team Six Helicopter Crash. Let's debunk a myth...
I've seen interviews with family members who are adamant that they were murdered...

Thank you, that is very thoughtful of you to write; I greatly appreciate it.

So much of what occurred under the Bin Laden meme is gut wrenching and between the countless lives needlessly lost and the assault on so many of the fundamental freedoms at the foundation of this country, every American will feel violated in the worst way if Hersh proves Bin Laden was killed in December 2001.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Could explain why DHS felt the need to purchase 1.6 billion rounds as of late...
ETA:
And you're most welcome! I always feel a bit inadequate by my lack of ability to express myself in such an intelligent manner, but I just write it off to being a right-brainer...
edit on 27-9-2013 by sageturkey because: Add

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

NickDC202
If Hersh can prove Bin Laden died in December 2001, it's the one thing I truly believe will change everything.

Bin Laden who? Building 7 what? WTC vaults emply? 9/1 pentagon hit destroys investigative accounting team? Hmmm. Yawn. Stretch.

Hey everyone .... who's got the beer? Who's on dancing with the stars tonight??

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

sageturkey

Would that DNA test be before or after the helicopter blew up on takeoff?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

VoidHawk
edit on 27-9-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

Did you bother to read the Guardian article and what Hersh said there? He relatess that he knew -- from soldiers' accounts -- about the My Lai massacre months before he broke the story, but he waited until he had corroborating documentary evidence, i.e. official US government documents, to publish it? Evidently he is applying the same journalistic rigor to his writing about the OBL raid; that, and/or he publishes articles in the toolish NYT, so he is waiting to report on this story, which is obviously quite likely unflattering to the US government (and hence un-NYT-worthy) in an upcoming book of his.

As to anyone saying that this is shameless shilling for his book, I would just ask: how does most anyone make a splash without some shameless PR? And shameless PR in an effort exposing the lies of the government is a good thing in my book.
edit on 27-9-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join