It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Videos pre ATS forum update lost??!!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
How annoying, it seems every video shared in threads before the forum update are lost?

All the work and effort gone into threads over many years seems a complete waste of time?

I know I'm a bit slow commenting on this, but wanted to rant about it anyway.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I don't think so - I've just watched a YouTube video on a thread posted in 2009.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I noticed the vid in the thread linked in my sigy didn't work anymore, I assumed it was a youtube problem, will go take a look at some others now!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

On the old site, I had to type 'feature=related' next to the video number to get it to work, hence with the new version, none of the videos I linked before the update work...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

I've never had that work, on the old or new interface.

And I have seen a few occasions where embedding a view will result in "A problem was encountered" error coming up.

I check the embed, it's fine. I remove it, re add it, fine. I do it using the button, and it appears the same, and it works.

I tried to preview a post with a vide, and got the error. but on posting, it embedded.

I have no idea what is going on. I think it's a bit erratic at the moment, but I've certainly never had to include a feature variable to the video tag. I would have thought that would have corrupted it more, if anything.

edit on 27-9-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Wonderer2012

On the old site, I had to type 'feature=related' next to the video number to get it to work, hence with the new version, none of the videos I linked before the update work...

I've never had to do that, all I've ever used was just the vid number.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Just checked a few of my old threads and the vids in those still work. Can only find one that doesnt so I'm guessing thats a youtube problem, probably been removed or something.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I dont think so. Other members are reporting the same thing.

It's intermittent.

I thought it was a youtube problem at first too, till I clicked on the link to the youtube video, and lo and behold it played.

That's when I checked the embed codes. No problem. But adding it back a different way, it worked.

it's the forums.

Or coincidentally, a one off video you found.

Oo

top topics

join