Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

No Chickenpox Vaccine? No school during active cases. Fair?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

Viruses that have been attenuated are less virulent than viruses that are not. Although the virus in the chickenpox vaccine is generally incapable of causing a disease, it still stimulates a response from the body's immune system. That response is what gives someone who's had a shot for chickenpox immunity from the illness.

The old way pretty much guarantees full blown pox, vaccinations rarely develop into it though.

Its reduced risk.
edit on 27-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: added some content
edit on 27-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: shuffled the content

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by LadyLurker

in the event of an outbreak she will come home.

Home for at least three weeks.

Your religion forbids the use of vaccines then. Or did you get a medical waiver from your doctor because of allergies?

Neither actually.

philosophical exemption. The health department makes the call and in most cases for chickenpox specifically, the state health department leaves it up to the parent. As some parents prefer exposure.

i am still on the fence.

interesting that you only listed 2 of the 3 exemptions. nearly half of the country allows exemptions for philosophical reasons. Surely google explained that to you when you searched???

eta:: its our daughter.
edit on 27-9-2013 by LurkingRelentlessly because: calrification

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkingRelentlessly

Only got to two out of three.
Lucky you, you won the coin toss.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
i sure hope my bringing up the exemptions doesnt kill this thread like it did the last one.

hey you remember that one dont you wrabbit?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Tidnabnilims

Truth is often laughed at especially when it opposes an agenda.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yes lets take the word of a pig farmer over that of the WHO (not the band). It seems so obvious now.

The truth is the truth, not what you make it.

/s To be honest maybe all vaccinations should be done away with, fits with my evil transhuman agenda of de-population nicely. /s

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The shedding happens frequently enough to where I was given the "lovely" option of gamma globulin or avoiding touching my children for 24 hours. I chose the latter because I've heard that gamma globulin really, really hurts. However, it turns out, apparently, that the virus can linger in the recently immunized for up to one month: www.internalmedicinenews.com... f.html

Typhoid Mary indeed. The CDC barely monitors cases of chicken pox normally so it's really very unlikely that they are trying to determine whether or not cases of chicken pox out there are naturally caught or vaccine-derived. Though it's less heard of here, vaccine-derived polio is a very serious problem outside of the US so these things can get transmitted from the recently immunized.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
People are becoming afraid of their own shadows.

Where there is Fear...........there is someone making a lot of money!

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Nor does it take away that chicken pox can lead to serious complications, including death.

I hear life itself can also have the serious complication of death...i've forgotten the amount of people who suffer that particular complication fiddling with their kitchen toaster.

Life just isn't safe.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Truer words never spoken.

'Can' and 'might' are the biggest fear mongering words in the english language.

Crossing the road can lead to death. I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with a vaccination for that soon. I wonder if such a vaccine 'can' or 'might' work?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

True.

Its worth trying to make it safer though no ?

Deny toaster fiddling.
edit on 28-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: levity

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Tidnabnilims

The road to hell is paved with 'good intentions', or so I hear.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

The road to The Emerald City is paved with yellow bricks. Your point ?

Hypothetical based on toaster abuse.

A man with a metal object is about to insert it into a still plugged-in toaster, do you

A: Inform the man that what he is about to do could very easily end his life prematurely, and as a result prevent his possible death.

Or

B: Say nothing, because hey, he's gonna die anyway right ?

Pretty sure I'm going with 'A'

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Auricom
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't quite understand this, isn't it good children get the chickenpox as it could be potentially lethal the older you get? I swear I've heard of "Pox parties" where parents would take their kids to an infected child's party so they can get it.

I don't know, I think I've lost touch with the world today. So much BS and PC crap going on for my likes. **Wonders back into his cave**

I can only speak on this issue as a Father and individual. Everyone has their own views, it seems and even people traditionally "on the same side" of the debate, tend to define sides differently at times. Very differently for some.

When it comes right down to it, Millions of years of physical evolution have developed biological systems that filter everything which enters our body from the outside environment. Food...Air...Water..light. Everything. Absolutely everything. There is ONE way to bypass millions of years of warning and filtering systems.

Direct injection.

I.V. for anything but the most obvious and necessary of medical needs is, in my view, always carrying some degree of risk. A saline bag might be a bad batch somehow...you're screwed with absolutely no way to prevent damage. Only mitigate it. Your stomach would normally prevent it for water.

That's a laughably common example of IV use and so LOW risk, it's absurd. I couldn't count the bags of IV saline I've had over my life for blood and plasma donation alone.

Vaccines?? They are *NOT* Saline drip or drug feeds with relatively clear lines of chemical sourcing. Vaccines are imperfect by nature, trade offs on quality control by literal design and definition, and always carrying SOME risk.

I think vaccines for Rubella, Tetanus, Smallpox (if it ever re-appears for modern context), Polio and others are absolutely warranted for the risk. It's a horrible horrible illness in each case, being treated for. I'd HATE to be among the few % that die or have horrible complications from what is supposed to protect ...but I have and do take that risk OVER the illnesses themselves. Absolutely. Twice even.

HPV and Chickenpox, as two examples of more recent vaccines?? Those are science run wild, in my strictly personal view. It's come to be "Can we"... not "Should we..." and the risk is NOT worth it, again in my own opinion, for something like that.

** In full disclosure, I've never had Chickenpox. Yes..I know what that means if my son developed it or any of his friends. I'll still deal with it if I encounter in in mid-life vs. having ever gotten the shot for it. I do not trust medicine blindly and trust has NOT been earned in anything like a default position, eh?
edit on 29-9-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: Corrected my tetnis spelling.. err.. NOT a Medical student, as all can see. lol

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Logos23

I am not anti - immunisation and all my kids have received the recommended vaccines.....but a standard vaccine for chicken pox for children is ludicrous!
But not for mumps?

I don't consider the risks for chicken pox and mumps to be the same no, considering......

1 in 4 adolescent and adult males with mumps experience swollen and painful testicles with a good percentage of those experiencing shrinkage of the testicles and a further 1 in 10 of those resulting in a lowered sperm count. I have heard of horror stories about this from men of a certain age so common sense tells me that this does indeed happen because I have heard first hand accounts.

1 in 20 adolescent and adult females experience swollen ovaries.

1 in 20 develop acute pancreatitis.

And other more rarer and severe complications that I won't mention for this discussion because of the rarity of them occurring.

Chicken pox in comparison has a very very small chance of anything other than severe itching becoming a concern. Common sense tells me it is just a mild infection.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I just wanted to add......

What worries me more than chicken pox is the change in attitudes in this society. The way in which every single germ, infection, virus etc as to be eradicated and children are increasingly being brought up in a "sterile" environment.
A lot of change in attitudes has no doubt been positive but I wonder how far we have really come when certain diseases and illness seem to be on the alarming increase.

When my daughter was diagnosed with Leukaemia I wanted answers as to why my small child with no bad lifestyle choices under her belt ended up with cancer. But after talking with doctors and doing research I discovered that there is some evidence to suggest that a small percentage of children are born with a pre existing vulnerability to developing Leukaemia. Most go on to never develop it. But some who are not exposed to infection at an early age and as a result have an immature immune system may struggle when their immune system is finally exposed to some infections....resulting in some mutation in the stem cells.

I'm not an expert but I find that quite plausible....and quite a plausible theory that could apply to many other disease's perhaps.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join