No Chickenpox Vaccine? No school during active cases. Fair?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Hey if they work, you don't have anything to worry about anyway, right?

Yes. I do.
The vaccinations are not 100% effective but they are much, much better than nothing. Keep your sick kid home.
edit on 9/27/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Fair?

Provide a consent form for the doctor and the school demanding they take full responsibility for any contraindications attributed to your child receiving the vaccine. Once they have signed the form and are willing to place their personal assets on the line, it is then up to you to determine if you're willing to allow your child to be injected with the vaccine. (Don't worry, they won't sign)

Good luck getting those signatures. The vaccine industry is shrouded in secrecy and practically immune from legal responsibility.

I have consulted in this industry for over 7 years. I had to terminate a contract because I refused to take a vaccine. I have no problem assisting them with getting their operation compliant with current FDA guidelines but have NO intention of allowing their "mix" injected into me.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

People are frantic about this subject, they see only what they are told to. There is no discussion with the fanatics, only zombie like hordes that attack anyone who has the audacity to be individual.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I had to terminate a contract because I refused to take a vaccine.

Good for you.
So vaccinate your kid or keep him home.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

There is no discussion with the fanatics, only zombie like hordes that attack anyone who has the audacity to be individual.
Right. The anti-vaccine fanatics cannot be reasoned with.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

When you're comparing numbers from 150 maximum deaths per year to 8 deaths per year, the numbers look pretty phenomenal.

Acyclovir is an anti-viral. If you were talking about just the topical form, then yes, it only reduces lesions. However, it also has an oral form which is administered when needed.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Phage
The vaccinations are not 100% effective but they are much, much better than nothing. Keep your sick kid home.

Phage is an appropriate name for someone who speaks as you do.

Phage - a virus that is parasitic (reproduces itself) in bacteria; "phage uses the bacterium's machinery and energy to produce more phage until the bacterium is destroyed and phage is released to invade surrounding bacteria"

If my kid is sick and yours is protected by your precious vaccine, what worry do you have?

If anything, my kid should be worried about getting sick from yours considering yours was inoculated and there is never a guarantee that the virus in the vaccination was made completely non-viable.

I have to assume you chose your name based on your scientific background as did I. I am a biochemist. What is it that you do that allows you to speak about these things as someone with any semblance of knowledge?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I don't think anyone here is anti vaccine, there are very important vaccines everyone should get.

Chicken pox vaccine? heh.....

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Actually you are not using my handle in its true meaning, you are using a truncation of the term bacteriophage. Use the root word. I destroy ignorance by devouring it.

If my kid is sick and yours is protected by your precious vaccine, what worry do you have?
You didn't read my other reply to the same question. Right?

I am a biochemist.
Good for you. I'm the Queen of England.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

litterbaux
reply to post by Phage

I don't think anyone here is anti vaccine

I'm not so sure.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Phage

Actually you are not using my handle in its true meaning, you are using a truncation of the term bacteriophage. Use the root word. I destroy ignorance by devouring it.

You didn't read other reply to the same question. Right?

I am a biochemist.
Good for you. I'm the Queen of England.

I get it. There is no rational discourse with you. You know best and that's just the way it is.

More power to you....Mr. Ignorance Devour Guy. (Maybe you can get Bud Light to do a Real Men of Genius commercial for you?)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

There is no rational discourse with you.

On the contrary. There is one member here (other than me) who actually has been engaging in rational discourse.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by VoidHawk

So now it's all forms of mental illness being caused by vaccines? Not just autism?

Thats not what I said at all. I'm surprised!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by VoidHawk

So now it's all forms of mental illness being caused by vaccines? Not just autism?

Thats not what I said at all. I'm surprised!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I had chicken pox when I was about 15. God damn it, worst thing I ever had. But I didn't die. (much to the chagrin of you folk I'm sure he!) however the doctor I went to see, who diagnosed my ailment, once he had identified it, wanted me to remain as far away from the other people in the waiting room, and even his staff, as possible.

Until I left. And when I got home, it was nothing but bed, baths and booze. Oh lots of booze. god damn it.

pinetarsol has forever remained an evil memory...

So, if your kid gets it, you dont' want everyone else to get it, no matter if it's a right of passage or not. I do agree that it's a part of growing up, luck of teh draw.. but if you can prevent it, do so.

It is not pleasant. And by allowing a sick child into school, that's absolutely irresponsible.

I also had german measles when I was a kid. I was told to stay home. The nurse wanted me to share a glass of water so she could become infected with it before having kids. I obliged. I had no idea what the strange lady was asking me, but slurp slurp.. have at it, lady.

When it comes to things that are actually killing people, elderly, young, frail, etc.. well, I am not lining up for a shot. Because I, for a long time, was away from society in general. Now I am onpublic transport all the time and that rubbish is packed. I am certain I will get something eventually, with all the migrants and people who have no concept of body odour, who cough and sneeze and splutter and wipe their snot on hand rails and all sorts of brilliant things I see. I think I'll just start wearing a face mask, like the pretty asian girls I see all the time.

You're all disgusting !!!!!! lol

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

Considering that the vaccine for this common childhood illness has only come into being with the last decade or so,

It's been around since 1981/1982, and was introduced in the US in 1995 (source). I guess that falls within the parameters of "or so," but we can be a little more precise.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I am in my 30's, I've never had the Chickenpox even though I was around others that had an active infection of it in my youth. While I have been vaccinated twice for it during my time in BCT in the ARMY (after the first time my body showed up negative for antibodies to the virus!), I have not had any follow up work to determine if the 2nd vaccine took.

I've heard that Chickenpox can be lethal in adults so as you can imagine, I am not in any rush to go find some infected kid to hang out with for a day. If my own children get the illness, I have planned on sleeping away from home until the condition resolves.

I doubt that I would have a natural immunity to the virus, but I do have something that sets me apart from many in my generation and subsequent generations. I had the vaccine for Smallpox back in 1982 with the scar to prove it. I had to have it again when I deployed overseas, my Vaccinia vaccine was a confirmed take however the illness was over in two days and my scab fell off in about a week. It did not leave any scar.

Could this be a reason why I never got the Chickenpox? or could it be sheer luck?

Personally I don't see an issue with the Chickenpox vaccine, the one that concerns me is the MMR which has been proven to cause Autism in 1-year-olds. Granted the number of cases are small, but it is still a risk and a frightening couple of weeks for the parents.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Seriously.....I am in my 40's with 5 kids. I have never ONCE come into contact with a family or heard about one by word of mouth who have had a child who has developed a serious complication to chicken pox....not ONE. Although I HAVE had experience of the older generation getting shingles complications as my grandad did. But in the UK older adults are offered a shingles vaccine. I can kind of see how one would argue that as its the original chicken pox virus laying dormant that causes shingles that kids should be vaccinated to prevent it in later life. But it makes more sense to me to allow adults to make the decision on whether they should vaccinate against it.

My daughter was a leukaemia patient when she came into contact with chicken pox at the age of 7....at the time I was very concerned and felt that the whole world should be vaccinated against chicken pox to spare my immunocompromised daughter and other children like her!. As it turned out they gave her some antiviral drugs and she was just fine and I saw that pattern repeated with other kids on the same oncology ward.
I have more reason than most to be "frightened" by chicken pox but I do not see a need for a vaccine.

I'm not saying that for a very very miniscule percentage of children that a serious complication that results in death can occur....but enough for standard immunization?

I am not anti - immunisation and all my kids have received the recommended vaccines.....but a standard vaccine for chicken pox for children is ludicrous! I've heard everything now!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

My daughter's doctor told me that she didn't recommend it for girls because it had only been used in another country (of which I can't remember) and so her concern was that it was so new that there wasn't evidence at the time that one vaccine would be enough. (My daughter was born in 2000) She couldn't say if there would need to be a booster. For example, in her scenario; if my daughter was 22 and pregnant and had one chicken pox vaccine, would that be enough to protect the fetus? The virus must past through placenta barrier? I guess at the time it wasn't known and that was my basis for choosing her not to have the vaccine, and of course she got the chicken pox when she was little.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

hehehehesnickering... you cracked me up. What a visual!

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join