No Chickenpox Vaccine? No school during active cases. Fair?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This is an interesting approach and one I hadn't heard before quite frankly. I'm not sure quite how I ought to feel about it as it does seem to attempt to strike a balance for a solution to those with waivers?

Discovery Charter School is taking action to stem a chickenpox outbreak, triggered by children who have not been vaccinated for the contagious disease. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and an Indiana law require children to be excluded from school if they haven’t been vaccinated and there’s an outbreak of the disease. Initial reports Thursday said six children at the school have chickenpox and about 40 students were excluded from school because they hadn’t been vaccinated.
RSOE

It's different to see an issue raising a legitimate social question come by way of RSOE, but sure enough...I'd say this clearly shows how Indiana handles it.

Right? Wrong? Merely interesting?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

3 years ago I got an exemption for my son, he had to take one of the cards they give you to the school to go in his file the other he was to carry. It was clearly discussed that if a chicken pox, whooping cough broke out in our school he would not be able to return until it was safe to do so...

Now, when you go to the health dept. they do not have the exemption cards anymore, not a single one on the premises. The State came and took them all, every single one of them. This I discovered last year when another son needed one.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

It's different to see an issue raising a legitimate social question come by way of RSOE, but sure enough...I'd say this clearly shows how Indiana handles it.

RSOE is not the only source.
www.nwitimes.com...

It's a reasonable way to handle it but those kids are going to be missing a lot of school because their parents didn't get them vaccinated.

"If your child has not had chickenpox, or has not had two doses of chickenpox vaccine, he/she will be excluded from school and from school-related extracurricular activities beginning Sept. 25 until 21 days after the last case is diagnosed. Children who get vaccinated and bring proof of vaccination to school will be readmitted immediately."

edit on 9/27/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hmmm... Here in Canada, I don't think we have the chickenpox vaccines until we are young adults to protect us from shingles instead.

I think of the chickenpox as a child's right of passage of sorts. Getting the chickenpox when your young is much less worst and builds antibodies, plus Chances are, you'll never get again. But the older you are when you get it, the worst it is. I know someone who was hospitalized for a week at the age of 14.

Is it wrong to remove the students from school during outbreaks? I would say yes. Just like the flu shot, if the parents don't want to vaccinate their children, then suffer the consequences. It's just the chickenpox, it's not like its H1N1 or smallpox.

Great thread. S&F

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

I think of the chickenpox as a child's right of passage of sorts. Getting the chickenpox when your young is much less worst and builds antibodies, plus Chances are, you'll never get again.

About 1 in 10 children who first have chickenpox symptoms will have a complication serious enough to require a visit to a healthcare provider. Most complications are caused by an infection from bacteria. These bacteria can cause problems such as:

Skin or soft tissue infections
Pneumonia (usually more severe in adults and in children over 13 years old)
Bone infections (osteomyelitis)
Joint infections (septic arthritis)
Toxic shock syndrome.

Other serious complications directly related to the chickenpox virus can include:

Infection of the brain (encephalitis)
Bleeding problems
Cerebellar ataxia.

chickenpox.emedtv.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If a child breaks the law by stealing or beating someone up people demand they be punished, and they very often demand they be punished in the same way as an adult would, why? Because they say they should know better.

So why cant they use that same logic with vaccines? Let a child have access to GENUINE data and let them make up their own mind, after all, those who've been vaccinated have nothing to fear, they're protected....aren't they!!
edit on 27-9-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Considering that the vaccine for this common childhood illness has only come into being with the last decade or so, it seems really kind of silly to send kids home because they aren't vaccinated against a common childhood illness. That said, both of my children received the chicken pox vaccine, live virus (normally they received "killed" variants because of my health issues). You know what happened?

They got chicken pox. No joke.

The funniest part was that I was told not to touch my children for 24 hours to avoid risk of transmission to me (in exchange for avoiding gamma globulin)...

Anyhow, it seems kind of silly to send 40 kids home for what has been a common childhood illness for generations now. Rubella, I get because Rubella is very serious along with Polio, Tetanus (kids are accident prone goofballs by nature) and etc. But chicken pox? The CDC doesn't even require state tracking of chicken pox cases...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

How do they know it was triggered by children who had not been vaccinated? It could have spread by a child who was shedding after vaccination and then on to school right afterwards.

The vaccine helps ward off chicken pox but it is NOT 100%.

Also chicken pox can be recurring, in other words you can get it more than once.

Very rarely, a second case of chickenpox does occur. Blood tests can confirm immunity to chickenpox in people who are unsure if they have had the disease.

www.hopkinsmedicine.org...

I want to tell you about a fact that is known by the CDC, etc. That is called vaccine shedding. (13, 14) This is the transmission of the virus from a vaccinated person to an unvaccinated person. The CDC is referencing "live influenza viruses." Here is the excerpt: Because LAIV (live, attenuated influenza vaccine) contains live influenza viruses, a potential exists for transmission of these viruses from vaccinees to other persons. Vaccinated immunocompetent children can shed vaccine viruses for

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
When I was a kid, there was no chicken pox vaccine.
So, when the disease went around, some kids got sick.
Not all of them....just some.

So, I'm trying to figure out why the schools even care.
Seems to me, if your child didn't get the vaccine....he or she may or may not get the illness.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Anyhow, it seems kind of silly to send 40 kids home for what has been a common childhood illness for generations now.
Fifteen kids. Reason seems to have prevailed.

"There is a small percentage of children who still need to be immunized, about 15 students," she said about noon Thursday after the vaccination clinic closed.

Meanwhile, Martinez said the remaining 15 students cited religious objections to the vaccinations. He said he is working with teachers to put together a package replicating the lessons, sending it home to the students until they can return to the classroom.

www.nwitimes.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not true, they will have their work sent home.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I was posting in response to the original link. Not yours.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Yes...Well, more information can be helpful sometimes. Doncha think?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I see. So, there's no need to attend school at all then.
Got it.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

15 or 40, they are still making mountains out of molehills especially when you have a vaccine that may also induce chicken pox and loses its efficacy over time. It does not take away that chicken pox has been a common childhood illness for aeons. 15 or 40, the CDC still doesn't even require state tracking of Chicken Pox cases.

My kids got chicken pox from the Varicella vaccine. Now, thanks to the vaccine, their nerve cells will always have an extra little friend as the varicella virus will always be with them. Am I worried? Nope. It's not like small pox.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the information Phage

But in all honesty, I have seen and been around 100+ children (family, friends etc...) who've had the chicken pox and not one of these complications have occurred. Lucky I guess

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I feel it should be the parents' choice whether or not they send their unvaccinated child to school during a chickenpox outbreak. Clearly they are well aware of the chance that their child may contract the illness since they chose not to vaccinate. I did not get my daughter the shot because I assumed she'd get the illness, which she did, be done with it and move on. Why oh why do schools have to be so overly involved in every aspect of our families these days? Five more years to go and I'm done with the system, I cannot wait.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

It does not take away that chicken pox has been a common childhood illness for aeons.
Nor does it take away that chicken pox can lead to serious complications, including death.

In any case, it makes more sense to nip the outbreak in the bud rather than have it continue on a protracted basis as unvaccinated kids gradually end up contracting the disease and spreading it further through the entire community, including adults. I understand it's very undesirable for pregnant women to be exposed.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
When I was a child if someone in our street had measles chickenpox mumps or whatever, we'd all be sent around to that childs house for our dose of natural immunity. This method worked very well as we had life long immunity.
However, since the vaccine giants launched themselves upon us we are now told to fear these illnesses. Strange isn't it!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

back at cha:

VACCINATION: A SAFETY WARNING
The conclusions which follow the study of relevant medical and immunological literature dealing with vaccines and the adjuvants used in vaccines is that the absolute safety of these substances can never be guaranteed. According to Gupta et al. (1993), the toxicity of adjuvants can be ascribed in part to the unintended stimulation of various mechanisms of the immune response. That’s why the safety and adjuvancy must be balanced to get the maximum immune stimulation with minimum side effects.

My conclusion is that such balance is impossible to achieve, even if we fully understood the immune system and the full spectrum of deleterious effects of foreign antigens and other toxic substances such as vaccine and drug adjuvants and medications on the immune system of humans, and particularly on the immature immune system of babies and small children. Injecting any foreign substance straight into the bloodstream will only cause anaphylactic (sensitisation) reactions. Nature, over thousands and thousands of years, has developed effective immune responses; yet man, without respect for nature, demonstrably causes more harm than good.

Vaccination procedures are a highly politically motivated non-science, whose practitioners are only interested in injecting multitudes of vaccines without much interest or care as to their effects. Data collection on reactions to vaccines is only paid lip service, and the obvious ineffectiveness of vaccines to prevent diseases is glossed over.

The fact that natural infectious diseases have beneficial effect on the maturation and development of the immune system is ignored or deliberately suppressed.

Consequently, parents of small children and any potential recipients of vaccines and any orthodox medications should be wary of any member of the medical establishment (which is little more than a highly politicised business system) extolling the non-existent virtues of vaccination. Even though Australian law requires doctors to warn patients about all side-effects of all medications and procedures of a material nature, whether the patient asks or not, doctors as a rule do not uphold this important law.

VERY important study, read:
ADVERSE EFFECTS OF ADJUVANTS IN VACCINES
www.whale.to...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join