It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gun crime ( uk )

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Under my desk, I have a revolver and a pistol, both loaded. On my desk, I have two loaded 15 round magazines. I like it that way and I feel sorry for those who lack the right to be similarly armed in their homes.

Your country pays for that right though with the deaths of 8259 of your citizens, anually. Is it worth the equivalent of three 9/11's worth of death every year for you to legally own a gun?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
On the issue of gun control, here's a link to a pro-gun website in the good old US. Now i am in no way in support of this website but i like to find out both sides of the argument and this site shows just how passionate they are about their "right" to carry a gun, and they all seem pretty sure that we're in trouble in this country cos we don't have guns. There's a lot of anti-british stuff on there, which i generally ignore (because most of these guys havent got the intelligence for a good debate). but, if you're interested its worth a look.

www.keepandbeararms.com... (and click on the newslinks for xxx date to read the debates)

with regards to britain, the numbers of gun crimes IS rising and although it is still relatively low, surely this trend is worrying? The internet is making it increasingly easy for guns to get in the wrong hands. the rise in gun culture in this country can also, IMO, be partly attributed to an ever increasing americanisation of this country. anyone agree?

<< 1  2   >>

join