It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism to be Taught in School

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Skyfloating
One of the reasons I dont like religion is because it brought forth something even worse: Anti-Religion. These people are dumb as it gets. How do you teach "A-theism"? Other than "I dont believe in God", A-theism has no teaching and there is nothing to learn from it.

I don't like religion for many reasons, most of which is the indoctrination of a religious doctrine on children from the cradle upwards.

It's insideous mind control and forces conformity upon the child, who is steadily brainwashed as they grow.

It ought to be against the law IMO, and allow kids to reach their own conclusions about what if anything they are inclined to believe in.

I don't agree that A-Theism, has no teaching or there's nothing to learn from it though mate.

Believing that there is not a supreme creator deity is actual still a belief system in itself. If you believe there's no god, then that is your belief. If you believe there is a god, that's the other side of that belief coin.

Through Atheism, we learn that not everyone automatically accepts dogma, religious conditioning or indoctrination. I think if this was studied in a really critical way, in depth, i think we'll find a strong correlation between those who believe there is not a creator diety and those who often question authority and the status quo, or at least do not simply accept what they are being told without critique.

Not to say that religous people don't have critical minds, but i'd wager that generally a much higher % of athiests and especially agnostics regularly question and analyse almost everything regularly.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Broom
reply to post by NewAgeMan

The broom disagres vehemently. You speak from the experience of only one single narow-minded, and very limited mind. He who trusts in himself is a fool.

If I was any more open minded my brains would fall out. As to trust we ought to trust in the one who's proven trustworthy, who's been tested. I've put it to the test and have been put to the test and where I fail another has succeeded so in him I place my trust.

Who does the atheist trust in?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
How to Not play Tennis Class

Hello Class...

Lesson 1: How To Not Play Tennis.

Not Play.

Class Over.

Exam: What are your thoughts on Not Playing Tennis?

Student: I have no Interest in it.

A+

The End.

What do you expect to teach having no belief? lol

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Why I am not surprised that many see this as a case of Theism against Atheism?

It's nothing of the sort.

It's about introducing an awareness of other belief systems other than Roman Catholicism which has dominated the Irish education system to the exclusivity of anything else.
Included in these belief systems which students will study is Atheism.

The aim is to encourage children to be aware of and to understand other religions and belief systems and hopefully make their own minds up - surely that is only to be commended, isn't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join