It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Adviser Compares House Republicans To Terrorists, Kidnappers, And Arsonists

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

crazyewok
Thanks America!

Your goverments stupidity has doomed us all!

The UK should have done more to keep its damed colonies as you obvioulsy done a usless job at self rule!

*sorry*

Would you accept an apology if we threw in a nice fruit basket? (You know, the kind with those strawberries carved up to look like flowers?)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Wait.. who is losing their mind ?
You can post this thread with a straight face,
as Ted Cruz runs around Congress in his Darth Vadar helmut?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

sealing
Wait.. who is losing their mind ?
You can post this thread with a straight face,
as Ted Cruz runs around Congress in his Darth Vadar helmut?

What Darth Vadar helmut ?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

beezzer

*sorry*

Would you accept an apology if we threw in a nice fruit basket? (You know, the kind with those strawberries carved up to look like flowers?)

Maybe

The £1000 back thats about to go bang on the stock market will be better

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

xuenchen

ask your uncle Rothschild to just buy back the U.S.A.

Yeah but they got to buy from China first :

I know politician are stupid.

But US politician really to rank up there!

It like you found the most dumbest, selfish and most stubbern people and put them up for office !

In UK our politicians may be self serveing, selfish scum bugs but least there are not that dumb

edit on 28-9-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by evictiongnostic

Excuse me asking this, but who's debt? it is not my debt, is the government debt, yes the only ones that have ruined our economy and getting into debt is the same government that is supposedly to be looking for the best interest of the American people and this nation, guess what, the so call debt is the waste and abuse that have been done to this nation during years of having governments that doesn't give a crap about how to spend other peoples money.

Yes, my money your money and our unborn money, is call taxes, the government doesn't make a darn penny, it is our money stolen from us the hard working tax payers to make the debts.

Stop been so condescending when it comes to the crocks that runs our nation, they sure doesn't give a crap about us.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

crazyewok
Thanks America!

Your goverments stupidity has doomed us all!

The UK should have done more to keep its damed colonies as you obvioulsy done a usless job at self rule!

Im sorry but.. what in sam hell are you talking about?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
well there might be light at the end of the tunnel firstread.nbcnews.com... from the link

Obama not reconsidering ways to sidestep Congress on debt ceiling
By Domenico Montanaro, Deputy Political Editor, NBC News
The White House says despite watching Congress careen toward a government shutdown, it isn't making President Barack Obama reconsider ways to sidestep Congress on the debt ceiling.
"Only Congress can raise the debt limit. Period," a White House official told First Read. "We have said coin and 14th Amendment aren't workable."
The last time the country was up against its debt limit earlier this year, far-flung alternatives to having Congress raise the debt ceiling were floated by liberal Democrats, like minting a $1 trillion coin and invoking the 14th Amendment to bypass Congress.
Section 4 of the 14th Amendment states: "The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payments of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion shall not be questioned."

and then there is this, there might be a shut down of the US gov firstread.nbcnews.com... from the link

Shutdown nears as House passes funding bill that delays Obamacare

House Speaker John Boehner arrives for a closed-door meeting of the House Republican caucus Saturday.

By Michael O'Brien, Political Reporter, NBC News
A government shutdown is more likely after House Republicans voted late Saturday to fund the government and delay "Obamacare" for a year, upping the ante in their fiscal showdown with President Barack Obama.
In spite of a veto threat from Obama, Republicans led by House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, doubled down on their strategy of using the specter of a government shutdown to extract concessions from the president on the Affordable Care Act, the president's signature domestic achievement.
The House voted largely on party lines to fund the government through Dec. 15, but attached to that measure were amendments to delay Obamacare for a year and repeal a politically unpopular tax on medical devices. Specifically, the House voted 231 to 192 on a measure to continue government funding and to delay the health care law for a year.

“The House has again passed a plan that reflects the American people’s desire to keep government running and stop the president’s health care law," Boehner said in a statement. "Now that the House has again acted, it’s up to the Senate to pass this bill without delay to stop a government shutdown. Let’s get this done.”

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It really bothers me when people refer to the government and what they do as a third party entity. "They want this" and "They want that". "They" are supposed to be OUR representatives, securing what WE want and what WE have said we need. The government instead, has become its own beast with its own wants...and that is the biggest problem. The government as an entity shouldn't exist. Government was never intended to have wants, was never intended to argue with the people and was never intended to take from the people. It was and should only exist to assure that the will of the people...the actual will of the people, is fulfilled.

Instead...we have a beast. A hungry one that wants power and therefore, money. It want's to continue to exist and feed and grow. And currently, it will do so at our expense. That needs to be stopped. The beast needs to be killed. And we need to return to paying people to represent us and not to enslave us for their own desires.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Glass
I don't see anything wrong with the metaphor that Mr. Pfeiffer used. I think it's an accurate comparison. The Republicans are basically saying "if you don't give us everything we want, we're taking you down with us", which is the same thing a deranged man with a bomb strapped to his chest would say.

It would be perfectly okay for Republicans to play the hurt-feelings card on this IF the country's entire economy was not at stake.

Define "everything we want". Right now the House is proposing delay of the individual mandate for just one year. The same delay that Obama gave to business. The same delay that he gave to other 'friends'. They are also proposing a repeal of the tax on medical devices that will hit seniors especially hard.

How can that be called 'everything they want'. Two items out of a 2000+ page law. Seems the president and Senate leader are the ones that are willing to shut down the government if they don't get everything THEY want.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well this interesting the President just went live on TV and call himself the only American in the government, anybody else opposing his crap are terrorist I guess

What a joke of a government we have.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

Simple put your country is about to pull teh worlds econemy down because of its pigh headedness and stupidity!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

marg6043
Well this interesting the President just went live on TV and call himself the only American in the government, anybody else opposing his crap are terrorist I guess

They are terroists!!!!

If the repulicans dont grow a pair and man up they will bring down the worlds econemy!

Yeah obama care is crap! But dont destroy the economy because of it!

MORONS!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

crazyewok

marg6043

They are terroists!!!!

If the repulicans dont grow a pair and man up they will bring down the worlds econemy!

Yeah obama care is crap! But dont destroy the economy because of it!

MORONS!

Clinton was so bored he had an affair.

What exactly do you think will happen if government is closed down?

www.buzzfeed.com...

The United States federal government shutdown of 1995 and 1996 was the result of conflicts between Democratic President Bill Clinton and the Republican Congress over funding for Medicare, education, the environment, and public health in the 1996 federal budget. The government shut down after Clinton vetoed the spending bill the Republican Party-controlled Congress sent him. The federal government of the United States put non-essential government workers on furlough and suspended non-essential services from November 14 through November 19, 1995 and from December 16, 1995 to January 6, 1996, for a total of 28 days. The major players were President Clinton and Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Newt Gingrich.

en.wikipedia.org...

Shut it down I say
edit on 103030p://bSunday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

The economy is already destroyed Obamacrap is just another drop on the sea of debt, our economy didn't got destroyed the last time we have this problem under Bill, remember the IOUs?

Well the only reason this is happening is because Obama mammoth programs needs more money that is why the whole issue with the debt is going on.

Did you know that the money that was allocated to Obamacrap was used to hire Enforcers and pay private contractors to establish the enforcers? it got nothing to do with starting to serve the public.

Now is not more money and the debt ceiling needs to be raised to pay for more waste and abuse that Obamacrap is a long with all the other debt problems the nation have.

Let thanks our over bloated government for that debt.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

"What we're not for is negotiating with people with a bomb strapped to their chest," Pfeiffer said in an interview with CNN's Jake Tapper Thursday afternoon. "We're not going to do that."

"Republicans are not asking for a negotiation," he told CNN's Tapper. "It's a negotiation if I'm trying to sell you my house, and we are debating the price of it. It's not a negotiation if I show up at your house and say, 'Give me everything inside or I'm going to burn it down.'7

"Republicans have provided a laundry list of essentially ransom demands of things that were essentially the Romney agenda that voters rejected."

Is there anything wrong in what they said? That is exactly what the republicans are doing, as all cards are in their hands. As far as I see, they are willing to rather let the economy to collapse than give in.

"Do what we want or... " That is exactly the behaviour of before-mentioned criminals.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Wrong. The original bill sent to the Senate defunded Obamacare. THAT would have been ' give us what we want'. It was voted down in the Senate, and sent back to the House. This new bill, just voted on and passed, simply asks for a delay, with a repeal of the medical device tax, which will probably bankrupt many seniors and others that have the need for those devices.

Is that "give us what we want"? Or a negotiation? They proposed one bill. They DIDN'T get what they wanted. Now they are 'negotiating' another proposal. It's Obama that will veto this bill if it gets to his desk. It's Reid that will NOT allow it to reach Obama's desk.

So, I ask. Who's the spoiled child here if they don't 'get what they want'?

But who am I fooling. Certainly not myself. This is the plan of this administration, AND the powers above and behind them. Bankrupt the American citizen. Bankrupt the American nation. Create a situation so devastating to the country that the masses will go to the streets. THEN they can overpower us with probable martial law, possible Congressional disbandment, undoubted suspension of the Constitution, and the eventual subjugation of the world.
edit on 29-9-2013 by 2ndthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

But he is 100% correct.

The republicans are using the US economy as a bargaining chip.

The lost, get over it. They lost to Obama in the 2008 election, they lost when the ACA was being voted on in Congress, they lost the SCOTUS decision, and they lost the 2012 election to Obama which was largely a referendum on the ACA.

That is 4 times that they lost...get over it, the people are not on your side.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 2ndthought

with a repeal of the medical device tax, which will probably bankrupt many seniors and others that have the need for those devices.

It's hard to take people serious when they don't understand what they are talking about.

The medical device tax is not a tax on the consumer, it is on the manufactures of medical devices. Even if they try to pass that on to the consumer, guess what, it is covered by insurance that all people are required to have now. So zero effect on consumers...either the medical device companies will eat the cost, or pass it onto the insurance companies.

Also, it is already in effect...and I don't see the flood of bankrupt seniors.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It looks like the House Republicans have 'amended' the conditions.

House Republicans voted early Sunday morning in favor of a temporary spending bill that includes a one-year delay for ObamaCare, a move that increases the chance of a government shutdown with Senate Democrats and the White House vowing to reject the measure ahead of a Monday night deadline.

The Republican-led House passed the proposal 231-192 in one of two amendments attached to a Senate spending bill passed Friday night.

The lower chamber also passed an amendment 248-174 to repeal the health-care law’s medical-device tax and voted 423-0 to approve a bill to pay the military on time should a temporary shutdown occur, in a series of votes that started shortly before midnight. The final tallies came in after midnight, and the House adjourned until 10 a.m. Monday shortly after.

Now it's up to the Senate to keep government 'open'.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join