It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rape prevention , by " teaching men not to rape " a concept ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

taoistguy

OK, you want me to repeat myself?
Yes, I am a potential rapist as I outined and defined what that meant in a previous post of mine. Did you not understand? All men are potential rapists in the sense of their anatomy and power (muscle/politics/dynamics).

Toxic way of thinking.

People like you are the reason that Carla Hamolka is free after orchestrating the rape and murder of her own sister.

All society wanted was the man, so Carla was offered a plea bargain where she simply stated that her husband was the culprit and she got a disgustingly short sentence for her compliance.

People like you are the reason rapists and murderers run free; your appeasal is to see a man go to prison even when the woman is just as guilty.

Sexist.

Take that asinine notion that men are the only rapists and wipe it out of your feeble, gullible mind.
edit on 27-9-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'm deliberately posting this without reading anything other than the OP - I'll read everyone else's opinions etc afterwards.

Men know that rape is wrong - that's one of the reasons many rapists do what they do, knowing it's wrong and as a manifestation of their desire to control and do what 'they' want free from the restrictions society has placed on them.

Sex crimes are amongst the most heinous offences a human being can commit against another human being and are beyond any sort of justification.
Personally I think anyone found guilty of such a crime should be locked up in a basic cell and fed nothing more than subsistence level amounts of bread and water for the rest of their life in total confinement.
Of course the PC do-gooders will say this infringes upon their civil rights etc but bollocks to that, they forego their rights the minute they commit such an act.
edit on 27/9/13 by Freeborn because: spelling

link   
reply to post by taoistguy

Makes sense to me. Men need to understand that women are also people and should therefore be respected.

Agree, that idea should be given by parents, especially the mother, all men had mothers. The way society is has always been under their control, and even more today as women have become fully independent.

link   
Found a link to what I was talking about earlier. This is the woman who brought up the "teach mean not to rape". It was her response to her after experience of being raped. Like many, I believe she was made (or told) to go to a rape prevention class, where many are made to feel like it was their fault. I think first saw her on the Colbert Report. She does make sense. And yes in a perfect world, teach people not to rape, but fact is more women are raped.

"teach men not to rape"

This is on Fox, can't find the Colbert one.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

FreedomEntered
There is no gain in claiming someone raped them.

Are you suggesting there are no female sociopaths?

No females who thrive on being victims?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

There is no gain in claiming someone raped them.

Incorrect.
The cheating spouse gets caught, the revenge factor, the gold digger...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BardingTheBard

I'm suggesting there may be a minority of female nutcases, but excluding them there is a huge percentage of rape victims who are genuine.
I don't know what goes through the mind of a psychopath actually nor a nutcase who claims victimhood for things that never happened . One would assume they have very warped fantasises.

The fact stands that rape is a revolting crime where men do not get punished enough for.
edit on 27-9-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Do women get punished enough for it?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

For lying you mean. Well women get punished every time they are raped yes for absolutely NO reason.

I would hope women who lie get persecuted absolutely.

Both crimes rape or lying about being raped are equally disgusting. And heart breaking.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Merlynn
And yes in a perfect world, teach people not to rape, but fact is more women are raped.

Since it's an issue with no real finite gender barriers, the solution is to "educate men"?

See, this way of thinking is ridiculous.

If we went by this form of "logic", homosexuality would still be oppressed in developed countries, because protection would only be afforded to majority cases.

If you admit that both men and women are raped, and are raped by both men and women, how in the hell is the solution to "educate men"?

Again, sexist stupidity at it's finest.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

No, I meant do you believe women are punished harshly enough when they are the rapists....

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It can be taught not to rape, but it would take a lot of understanding of the topic/subject.

And an understanding of the warped psyches of those men.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The fact stands that rape is a revolting crime where men do not get punished enough for.

Neither do women. In one of the cases I stated above, Debra Lafave, didnt serve ONE DAY IN PRISON because she was considered 'too good looking to go to jail'

John Fitzgibbons, Lafave's lawyer, stated, "To place Debbie into a Florida state women's penitentiary, to place an attractive young woman in that kind of hellhole, is like putting a piece of raw meat in with the lions."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Heads up

Debate the topic only and not each other

This is an emotive subject, but still civility and decorum are required.

ONLY warning.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Bottom line is this:
Men rape, women rape. Doesnt matter who does it more, who does it less.
Education for BOTH SEXES is needed for prevention, as both victim and predator.

This is my last posting on this subject, I'm going back to more fun things, like posting video game videos or UFO stuff

edit on 9/27/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Incorrect.
The cheating spouse gets caught, the revenge factor, the gold digger...

Actually male rapist are rarely punished. As for those that cry rape (I hate those people) but it is also much less than 1% of the reports and there are many who do not report. It happens more often on TV and movies, which is why we think it happens all the time.
edit on 27-9-2013 by Merlynn because: wrong quote

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlynn

Male rapists are rarely punished? That's news to me, where did you find that information?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlynn

That's true it happens often with relationships that have some form of domestic violence.

It can also happen when a woman is drugged/drunk or vulnerable and alone with a man where there is no trust.

And these women find it very hard to come forward and admit sexual assault, they also find it hard to come forward and say they have been hit at all.

Immense shame surrounds women who go through this. So its a difficult one.

edit on 27-9-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I posted the stats earlier. Plus I have my own experiences and confirmed by CID.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlynn

There is a clear disconnect with the idea of "teaching men" and the reasons why men rape. Human sexuality is a very complicated subject but one thing that still amazes me is the complete lack of understanding that exists between the two sexes regarding the different ways they go about it, how distinct the process is in all its steps...

Men rape mainly due to sexual frustration and lack of proper socialization (even due to abuse). Even other types of rape that is not directed to women share those main traits, from rape of other males to pedophile. One thing that should be kept in mind is that rape is also an evolutionary trait and sadly has a function (that is similar to that of other animals) as a species we would be in trouble if we managed to eliminate the capacity for it (the same can be said to many other "deviant" behaviors).
edit on 27-9-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join