It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rape prevention , by " teaching men not to rape " a concept ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

So in the room next to the men being taught not to rape will there be a course for women on how not to be sluts? I mean if we are to assume that all men are rapists, then we must also assume that all women are sluts.

You would have to include guys as sluts, they are much sluttier than women.

You do realize that the person who came up with this idea was raped. After she was raped she probably heard a lot of the stupid things that come out of peoples mouths after a life altering event like this. "You shouldn't have been there", "Did you fight", "You should have had a gun", fill in the blanks. She may have even had to take (along with other women) a rape prevention course. These courses and peoples stupid words often make the victim feel more of a victim.

I still believe women should be informed so they know how to protect themselves, but I think this idea is a good idea. There are a lot of males that do not have good role models and treat women like they are not people. So, yes men, in general, should have to take courses too, after all it's their bad behavior that is causing the problem.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

What does that statement even mean?

Men eat? men sleep? is that even comparable lol.

Men AND Women rape, in fact Women rape is not taken seriously, because society tell you to "take it like a man", which is worse because it is a license to rape.

Edit:

Do you wanna compare the punishment for a sexual relation between a male teacher and a under age female students VS a female teacher and under aged male student?

Sorry, you are another one that is gotten hold by the double standard logic and don't even see it.
edit on 9/27/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Does anyone read and comprehend anymore? I made a gross over generalization just like the one in the OP and suddenly it's bad? Why? If it's ok for some why is it not ok for all?

The point of my post is that by using the gross over generalization that man = potential rapist, then is it also ok to use the same over generalization with women? woman = slut? Just because a few idiots have raped does not mean that all men are rapists, and the same goes for women. Just because I knew a few sluts in my time does not mean that all women are in fact sluts.
edit on 9/27/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This seems like it's gonna degrade into a thread for men to start bashing women and feminism.
It's not rocket science. Women are people. Women are not f@*%ing objects!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Thats because they literally think MEN RAPE, that's why it is so outrageous when we make a similar statement.

"watch out honey! that is a male, he rapes!"

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

The idea is absurd, because the decision to do or not to do these things does not depend on understanding or not understanding concepts.
I'm sure most murderers, to take another example, have a perfectly clear understanding of the concept of "not killing". They're just not motivated to act upon it.
If you want to change people's behaviour towards other people, you need to work on their motivation, not on their understanding of concepts.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I walk outside and am inundated with women, teens, and girls using their bodies, hints of sex, and emotional abuse of weaker men and even children to get what they want.

I've had a woman ask me to rape her the first night we met because it excited her. I recoiled in horror and never spent time with her again.

I grew up believing my sexual urges made me a rapist and ultimately was irrevocably stunted in my ability to be intimate with women. Yes, this has greatly improved once I broke out of that brainwashing from the 80's 90's culture and an only child of a single mother... but it still affects my current relationship.

Multiple women have broken up with me because I wasn't sexual enough, didn't attempt to talk to me about it, and had already begun relationships with other men before finally cutting me loose. I'm sure someone will blame me.

A woman I thought I was starting to build a nice friendship with stopped talking to me entirely when she found out I had a girlfriend for the past 5 years and was angry at *me* for not automatically realizing she was only really interested in a sexual relationship.

*I* represent the average man these days. You don't hear from us. We're invisible. Because we're permanently on guard from being accidentally labelled a rapist, child molester, etc. Despite not doing anything.

The molestation of male children's minds in this culture gets virtually zero attention.
edit on 27-9-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

luciddream
"watch out honey! that is a male, he rapes!"

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Given the theme of the thread being males require some sort of new training about not raping, that warning would not only make sense, it would border on criminal to not issue it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

taoistguy
This seems like it's gonna degrade into a thread for men to start bashing women and feminism.
It's not rocket science. Women are people. Women are not f@*%ing objects!!!

Who said anything about women being objects, or not being people? Where do you come up with this garbage?

Nobody is discounting the fact that rape is horrible, but you cannot go around and generalize all men as rapists because that is not only absolutely insulting to those of us who are not rapists, but it is also infuriating to be categorized with such vile filth.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

SpaDe_

Does anyone read and comprehend anymore? I made a gross over generalization just like the one in the OP and suddenly it's bad? Why? If it's ok for some why is it not ok for all?

The point of my post is that by using the gross over generalization that man = potential rapist, then is it also ok to use the same over generalization with women? woman = slut? Just because a few idiots have raped does not mean that all men are rapists, and the same goes for women. Just because I knew a few sluts in my time does not mean that all women are in fact sluts.

So you do consider some women to be 'sluts'?
Also, "all men are potential rapists" is a true statement cos of the amount of men who do rape and men have the anatomy and power to rape.
"All women are potential sluts" is a staement that shows an attitude to women that thinks of and describes them as a 'slut', which is am insulting terminology.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

SpaDe_

Perhaps you should sit and comprehend your posts before posting and think about what it actually sounds like to somebody else reading them. What you basically stated was men rape sluts and they should be taught not to be sluts if they dont want to get raped. If you didnt mean that then fair enough, but dont have a go at me because you cant articulate your posts better over the internet. /shrug.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

taoistguy

SpaDe_

Also, "all men are potential rapists" is a true statement cos of the amount of men who do rape and men have the anatomy and power to rape.
"All women are potential sluts" is a staement that shows an attitude to women that thinks of and describes them as a 'slut', which is am insulting terminology.

So wait, according to your logic it is 100% acceptable to call men potential rapists because they have the ability to rape, but when applying that same logic to women by saying that all women have the ability to be slutty, so they are potential sluts, it is 100% unacceptable?

Wow, thank you for opening my eyes to your world of logic.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

This is how 99% of men see your statement: "What! i have not raped anyone, i must be god for have the potential to rape but have not done it! i must have some sort of "Men who have not raped DAY!"

This is how 99% of feminist see it: "Men have the power? and anatomy? Do you think women are weak and inferior? "

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

They are clearly either jerking you/us along... or believe they are winning points.

Best to not even stick your hand in that latrine expecting to find any gems.
edit on 27-9-2013 by BardingTheBard because:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

SpaDe_

taoistguy

SpaDe_

So wait, according to your logic it is 100% acceptable to call men potential rapists because they have the ability to rape, but when applying that same logic to women by saying that all women have the ability to be slutty, so they are potential sluts, it is 100% unacceptable?

Wow, thank you for opening my eyes to your world of logic.

Well, one statement is true and the other is not. THAT is logic. Are we gonna deny truth now?

edit on 27-9-2013 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

There are rapist of both gender, tell normal people to "teach normal people not to rape" is absurd.

RAPIST ARE RAPIST BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT NORMAL!!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

SearchLightsInc

SpaDe_

Perhaps you should sit and comprehend your posts before posting and think about what it actually sounds like to somebody else reading them. What you basically stated was men rape sluts and they should be taught not to be sluts if they dont want to get raped. If you didnt mean that then fair enough, but dont have a go at me because you cant articulate your posts better over the internet. /shrug.

What you interpreted it as, and what it actually says are two different things. I made the same over generalization and just included one for women instead of just men. I could have chosen something different, but it seemed fitting. Btw there are documented cases of women committing rapes, but I do not go around assuming that all women are rapists either. Is that one a better fit for you?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

I got a more suitable one, since being a slut is not exactly heinous like rape is. "Let's teach women not to murder their children" I am sure the 99% of women that don't murder their children might get the point then.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

taoistguy
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Makes sense to me. Men need to understand that women are also people and should therefore be respected.

edit on 27-9-2013 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

If this makes sense to you then you probably very often fall victim to the logical fallacy that this is an example of..

"Should we teach men not to rape?"
You - "Yes.. because men rape... Right?"
Me - "Why is this question only being asked in regards to men?"

You see, all people should be taught not to rape. Men and Women.
In most normal households, this is being taught.
What the question is really doing is seeking to divide us by gender by denigrating the male sex.

Maybe educate yourself on the loaded question fallacy.
Also, try to realize that people often have an agenda when they ask questions or make statements like this...

I wish you luck.
edit on 27-9-2013 by defuntion because: Because I am a male and therfore a rapist according to some... Craziness.

(post by snowen20 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join