It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rape prevention , by " teaching men not to rape " a concept ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
hi this is a `new ` meme - that has gained traction during 2013

and when if thirst heard the concept- i was simply ......................

i have discussed this IRL with select aquaintances - but now am putting it out to ATS

i have deliberatly included no links - or my opinions - and i beg ATS to to rush to google to find out and parrot or rail against what your favoured " thinker " or hated shill thinks of this

tell me what YOU think - straight off the bat

all that is nessecary for discussion is the knowledge that " teach men not to rape " is being forawrded as a solution to rape

discuss
edit on 27-9-2013 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Yeah, that's not insulting. How about "teach women not to be gold diggers". Or, "teach blacks not to be gangsters", or.... do I need to go on with this?
edit on 27-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Makes sense to me. Men need to understand that women are also people and should therefore be respected.

edit on 27-9-2013 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I would be happy to educate offenders,a few might not make it of course.

edit on 27-9-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

ignorant_ape
all that is nessecary for discussion is the knowledge that " teach men not to rape " is being forawrded as a solution to rape

Its a good start.
Now all we need to do is "teach politicians not to be corrupt", and then "teach police not be bullies" and then also "teach bankers not to steal money".
Guaranteed to work. 100 percent.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
How about rape prevention by public castration instead.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
If a man needs to actually be taught not to rape, then teach them not to do it with a complimentary castration... This would be my mandatory approach. After they were proven guilty of course.. This seems a bit barbaric, but so is raping a woman!

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

WAIT!!!>>>>>>>>>>

So... i came to work today...

..i passed 200 womens in my arms reach....on the way to work...

SURPRISE! i didnt rape a single one of them!

Where is my award? should the women bow in front of me for not raping them today? So where is my reward for not raping them like they claim i would? because men rape right? and i didn't rape!

And the other billions of men that do this everyday. you know Not rape.

SO take this "teach men not to rape crap" and... shove it on a feminist's face!
edit on 9/27/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

luciddream

WAIT!!!>>>>>>>>>>

So... i came to work today...

..i passed 200 womens in my arms reach....on the way to work...

SURPRISE! i didnt rape a single one of them!

Where is my award? should the women bow in front of me for not raping them today?

And the other billions of men that do this everyday. you know Not rape.

SO take this "teach men not to rape crap" and... shove it on a feminist's face!

I don't understand what you are saying. What does all that mean. Why would you want a reward? Why expect them to bow to you? Why even consider 'not raping', as if raping is even an option or something to be considered. What has feminists got to do withy it???

edit on 27-9-2013 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
So in the room next to the men being taught not to rape will there be a course for women on how not to be sluts? I mean if we are to assume that all men are rapists, then we must also assume that all women are sluts.

ETA: What little I looked into this, it is seeming as a meme to teach all men regardless of background that rape is bad.
Where I grew up it was common knowledge that rape was as bad as murder, not something that had to be taught.
edit on 9/27/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Men already don't rape, we don't need to be taught that....... Animals are the ones that rape.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

It was a rebuttal for assuming "men normally rape" because "teach men not to rape" is essentially saying the same thing.. and it is one of the top phrase feminist use.

So i said they should be appreciative of what i did because i didn't rape them like they claim a man would.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

SpaDe_
So in the room next to the men being taught not to rape will there be a course for women on how not to be sluts? I mean if we are to assume that all men are rapists, then we must also assume that all women are sluts.

Does that mean you consider women to be 'sluts'? How does rape and sluts get to be anaolgous for you?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Did you even read what I wrote, or did you just see the word slut and immediately start typing a response? Maybe reread what I wrote and let it sink in for a minute.

link   

luciddream

It was a rebuttal for assuming "men normally rape" because "teach men not to rape" is essentially saying the same thing.. and it is one of the top phrase feminist use.

So i said they should be appreciative of what i did because i didn't rape them like they claim a man would.

In general, men rape. The number of reported, (meaning this does not include all the unreported rapes), rapes is staggeringly huge. Not to mention failed and attempted rapes, non-rape sexual abuse aloso.
I think the feminists have a very valid point.

link   

ignorant_ape
tell me what YOU think - straight off the bat

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Straight off the bat - One of the dumber things I've ever heard. If that's necessary, you need to back up 12-15 years in someone's development and teach them to not jam a fork in baby sister's eye at the dinner table.

On the OTHER hand, we apparently have an entire generation of miscreants who have been taught exactly nothing, ever. I can only presume this is referring to some government/societal teaching responsibility. If you're going to take that approach, the thing to teach is that actions have consequences. Severe actions have severe consequences, rape or otherwise. Then make damn sure there's follow-through.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

link   

SpaDe_

Because its absolutely okay to rape someone if they're dressed provocatively, drunk and unable to really make a mature, sober decision? Also, because that person may have been around teh block a few times, once more wouldnt hurt them, even though they're not consenting? Just checking.

ETA: What little I looked into this, it is seeming as a meme to teach all men regardless of background that rape is bad.
Where I grew up it was common knowledge that rape was as bad as murder, not something that had to be taught.
edit on 9/27/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

I'll refer you to the song "blurred lines"

Some desperate people are convinced there's "Blurred lines" when really its as simple as if they're not consenting, sex is off the cards.

How simple does it have to be?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Does that mean you consider men to be rapist? How does that it even make sense? so everyone in the world is result of rape?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

So you are saying that a majority of men you know are rapists? Not a single man I know is a rapist.....

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

It appears you have added to your initial post.
OK, I re-read. So my question now is: Why do you equate men as rapists with women being sluts?
Do you consider women to be sluts?
And I am very surprised that there is no rape in your town/city due to men not raping.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join