It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got a message for aliens? Get it on NASA's Pluto-bound spacecraft

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I would ask the if they ever surfed a 60ft wave,.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

Sounds important.
Takes note

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
My message is to the ones who could help us out a little. Appreciate it

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Sun - Earth - ATS - welcome home aliens !

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
COME GET ME!!!!!!!!
GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Would you please return the ABBA album i lent you in `81 and you can keep the X files DVD collection you borrowed from me and then i might give you back your precision stone cutting device and anti gravity machine you left here. Next time parties at yours. TTFN.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Or.....or......

REWARD!!!!!

Ginger tabby, black collar answers to the name Rhubarb. LOST. If found please call 07***768680

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
All "space message" discussions remind me of this

As to more practical concerns about the OP, I have three questions;

1.) Would whatever data storage medium on New Horizons survive a million-year interstellar journey?

B.) How would aliens recognize that a message is present?

III.) How would they figure-out how to decode the message?

All three of these questions were considered when the Voyager Records were created. To wit:

1.) The records are metal disks. The data is physically encoded in the spiral grooves on each side of the disks. Furthermore, the records have a metal cover to protect them from micrometeoric erosion over the eons.

B.) 12-inch gold-covered copper disks with symbols on the cover. Eye-catching, even if your eyes are on stalks.

III.) A phonograph stylus was sent with the records. The sounds were recorded as simple analogue vibrations (your basic gramophone). Amplifying the vibration from the stylus produces the sound (the tone may be off, depending on the atmosphere of the listener). The cover has instructions on how to decode and display the images, and a picture of the first image (a circle within a rectangle) to let them know when they got it right.

Fool-proof? Hardly - what is? However, it will give the recipients a good chance of getting to know us. The key is that it was planned and created before the spacecraft launched.

Any message that goes out to New Horizons would be stored in one of its 8GB flash memory buffers. Read-up on how it works. Without anything to tell the aliens what this little chunk of silicon & aluminum is, could they figure it out without destroying it during analysis?. If they do, how would they figure-out the storage format to allow them to retrieve legible data?

I'm afraid that New Horizons is a envelope we forgot to put a letter in before we mailed it.

However...

I grew-up in the days before self-adhesive stamps. You had to lick the back of them to wet the glue that would allow them to stick to the envelope. Thus you would send a little bit of yourself, in the form of DNA along with every letter.
The New Horizons probe's primary mission is to explore Pluto. To commemorate his discovery of Pluto in 1930, about an ounce of Clyde Tombaugh's ashes was placed aboard the spacecraft. I don't know how much DNA survives the cremation process, but the fact is that this little vial is carrying our human chemical composition to the stars.
Maybe this will be our message to the aliens: "We're tasty!"

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Message =
We need HELP!!

S.O.S.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

* - All your bases are belong to us.
* - Upon arrival please have your identification, passport and bags ready for TSA inspection.
* - We are the Humans..Lower your shields and prepare to be assimilated. Your technological and biological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

* - 105.236.08841 for 3 parsecs, make a left turn at the Galactic center and continue on coordinates 251.991.0545 for another 18 parsecs. At the arcunis arm of the galaxy you will need to make a Z axis # to 45.225 and continue on for 2 light years. If you hit Proxima / Alpha Centauri you have went to far and will need to back track to the vicinity of niburu and take the Sector 001 exit.

* - It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose.

In all seriousness
* - If you receive this message and are friendly and like a challenge, please come visit us so we can pull together as a planet by realizing we are all human now that we know we are not alone in the Universe. While we make a lot of mistakes, we have potential as a species and can be a positive impact on the galaxy in due time. There comes a time during the creation / invention of something new that it is going to fail. We Humans are no different.
edit on 28-9-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
How about...... "Don't"

Yeah have no idea who or what your inviting. Given the fact we already have been and are being visited...we do not need others seeing us as easy picking. No invites..... no show of our weakness. Just send the probe out.... no invitations.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I thought some of the replies would be fun

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This area of space is under a strict QUARANTINE!
DANGER! BIO-HAZARD AHEAD!

DO NOT ATTEMPT CONTACT WITH THE THIRD PLANET!

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
'No sign of Intelligent life'

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

"Can you explain how Obamacare really works?"

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

WARNING: Now entering a quarantine zone. All systems in this region are contaminated. All efforts of containment have failed. All carbon and silicon based lifeforms evacuate immediately. This message is repeated on all frequencies priority Alpha.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

f=e^m

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I'd write this:
"Dear Fellow Beings of Our Universe,
By the time you get this message, we might not exist anymore.

Our waters have been poisoned (thanks, Fukushima )
Our air has become too polluted to breathe (thanks GP,SHELL,etc.)
Our people are killing each other ( thanks NWO)

But otherwise we are a jolly fun place to be.

Come on a Friday, I've got beer. TGIF

And if you are the same guys, who have been here a couple of times in the past...please leave our poor cows alone already. What have they ever done to you?

Oh, and don't trust the dude, who keeps saying " Yes, we can! " He's shady as hell."

(Honesty is always the best policy in my opinion. Let them know what they are in for. )
edit on 28/9/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: fixed something

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I would ask them to stop visiting Earth with their silver discs and not showing yourselves? Always letting us take blurry pictures so we can be humiliated by our own race, of what we took was swamp-gas or balloons .. So as Earthling I would suggest that you leave earth permanently and take with you those you collaborated with, for your local zoo!

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Anyone, please send this message because I'm too lazy to bother. Thanks.

We can be extremely violent, selfish, and hateful BUT

if you are 100% sure you are able

(and ONLY if you are 100% sure),

then please, by all means, come & save us from ourselves.

We want to be saved.

But be warned, it won't be easy.

Sincerely,

I formatted it to be easily understood by those who don't have English as their native language

edit on 28-9-2013 by reject because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join