It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Ive just upgraded to ios 7 and i really don't like it. I don't like the icons and its just to slow for my basic iphone 4. Ive been looking around trying to work out how to downgrade to ios 5 or 6 and every post ive read about it says you cant downgrade if you have a iphone 4s or later. Well that's great because i have just the basic iphone 4. But even so i haven't been able to find out how to downgrade (I'm no way an apple expert but i know for sure theres plenty of people ats who are).
One thing did make me laugh , when i typed in downgrade into Google the first entry on the predictive search was 'downgrade ios 7'. I guess I'm not the only one on the hunt to get rid of this nasty looking OS.
So does anyone know how i can downgrade my basic iphone 4 ? I did do a backup before i upgraded from my jailbroken ios 5 if this helps at all.
edit on 27-9-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)
Whenever Apple releases a new version of iOS, there is a grace period — usually of a few days — where you can revert back to the previous version. There are also ways to downgrade if you happen to have an iPhone 4, which was the last iPhone to be properly and irrevocably jailbroken by hackers.
Sorry, I don’t think you can due to anti-jailbreaking changes made with the 4S and later models. You probably could if it was just an iPhone 4.
EverythingApplePro 2 days ago
Guys this method is no longer working! Hopefully a new one will be out soon, currently looking into it!
reply to post by gortex
Wow, thanks gortex im starting to hate apple so much. lol
I know Microsoft has a lot of haters but at least they never pull stunts like this.
reply to post by scojak
Thanks i did see that one, its written for iOS 7 beta so im not sure if its still applicable for ios7 official.
It totally screwed up my daughters phone . Can't restore it or anything.
Error 1004, 1013, 1638, 3014, 3194: These errors may be the result of the connection to gs.apple.com being redirected or blocked. Follow these steps to resolve these errors:
1. Install the latest version of iTunes.
2. Check security software. Ensure that communication to gs.apple.com is allowed. Follow this article for assistance with security software. iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues.
3. Check the hosts file. The restore will fail if there is an active entry to redirect gs.apple.com. Follow iTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting to edit the hosts file or revert to a default hosts file. See section "Blocked by configuration: (Mac OS X/Windows) > Rebuild network information".
4. Try to restore from another known-good computer and network.
5. If the errors persist on another computer, the device may need service.