It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change Deniers: step forward and be counted.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Oh, Hi. I am stepping forward to be counted, but before you round us and call us "heretics" (on the bases that we actually investigate the problem instead of worshipping Al Gore), I'd just like to ask, er, why Global Warming isn't happening?

Maybe Mother Nature didn't receive the memo? Do you want her to step forward too while we're there.

SquirrelNutz
We ARE warming. Glaciers ARE retreating. Ice IS melting.

Russia, Canada, India broke their cold records. Asian glaciers are growing.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Oops... Seems Mother Nature didn't received the GW memo indeed.

edit on 3-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
How about the OP be more specific with the title of this thread.

Maybe "Man-made climate change from CO2 use" rather than hiding behind a blanket statement that could include natural climate change.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Yes... SOME glaciers ARE growing - let's talk about that, since you seem to be citing that fact as refuting the entire premise of this thread and OP...

1) Yes, a few - very few - Glaciers ARE growing. But, get this: They are doing this BECAUSE of - not, in spite of - Climate Change / Global Warming - Get your read on: news.nationalgeographic.com...

2) Now, let's talk about the ones that are growing VERSUS the ones that are retreating - which would be a more fair study, since it is relative/pertinent:

And, if you really want to talk about Global Glacial coverage, quantitatively, then you'll like this pic:

Source: www.skepticalscience.com...

What say you now, Spanky? Apparently, Mother Nature got the memo, just fine.
(But, why let facts get in the way?)

edit on 10/4/2013 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

ken10
How about the OP be more specific with the title of this thread.

Maybe "Man-made climate change from CO2 use" rather than hiding behind a blanket statement that could include natural climate change.

How about realizing that the title only has so many characters to get a point across (Subject: Deniers please step forward) and the krux of the argument is stated almost immediately in the Body of the OP (UN study concludes that YES, we are warming "as a result of human doing")

Simple enough. Everyone else seemed to get it, immediately. (maybe the problem isn't the title)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

It IS an emotional subject. I firmly believe in climate change.. I do. I believe we are seeing and will see major changes on a global scale, however my belief is ... it will not warm for long.

It's like our immune system. It works to our benefit constantly. The Earth imo also has a fighting mechanism and corrects herself. She is showing signs of doing just that. (Along with the Sun)

Humans do play a role... but just one of many roles being played.

We are causing so much harm to the Earth, I cannot even begin to name all the ways. It's overwhelming.

The Sun though, In my opinion is a tell tale sign that it too is working with us and against us.

Crazy times ahead. If I'm wrong, I will be extremely happy.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Al gore theory was correct and look up flooding and more post of that shows up.

George bush aka government scientist said and i quote" it will melt in the 50 - 100 years so we are good"
assuming the years because the number was a lie in the first place.

government scientist vs Al gore scientist

Al gore said in the next 10 - 20 years it gonna melt almost completely and cause more flooding

government scientist said were fine

Now look at today world it melted half way after about 13 years the ice cap and more flooding has occurred
are lairs are government and winner's are Al gore with the move too watch it

here more proof government are liars www.gulf-times.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join