It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19% of health care pros say Americans 'will die earlier' due to Obamacare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The Washington Examiner is reporting that a survey of 200 'top healthcare professionals' by Coupa Solutions has come up with some very disturbing conclusions. 19% of these health care professionals believe that Americans will 'die earlier' due to Obamacare.

19% of health care pros say Americans 'will die earlier' due to Obamacare

- 53 percent, “Quality of health insurance policies will suffer.”

-- 51 percent, “Quality of care will go down.”

-- 49 percent, “The law is overly complicated.”

-- 42 percent, “Insurance exchanges will be poorly managed.”

-- 37 percent, “The law still allows insurance companies to be the middleman.”

-- 32 percent, “Too complex for businesses.”

-- 19 percent, “Americans will die earlier.”

The complete survey can be found HERE .
As for the 200 top healthcare professionals ... I couldn't find who they were.
I suppose it was anon.
Surveys and polls can be made to look any way that the people taking the poll want them to.
However, I don't know if this company has any political agenda.
Anyways ... there's the info for those who are interested.
edit on 9/27/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Obama or the government will not be delivering your healthcare...only private health insurers, just like it's always been, will be providing that care...there are no Obama doctors, hospitals, clinics, or health insurance companies...there are no government doctors, hospitals, clinics, or health insurance companies....you pick from the private health insurers that have been in business for decades......why is this so hard for people to understand??? this is bordering on lunacy

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

jimmyx
Obama or the government will not be delivering your healthcare...only private health insurers, just like it's always been, will be providing that care...there are no Obama doctors, hospitals, clinics, or health insurance companies...there are no government doctors, hospitals, clinics, or health insurance companies....you pick from the private health insurers that have been in business for decades......why is this so hard for people to understand??? this is bordering on lunacy

The entire PPACA is *already* well into lunacy !!!

This new report is evidence and probably is only a mild indication of the real problems.

We will soon be hearing of nightmares beyond belief.

"" Obama or the government will not be delivering your healthcare ""

But the HHS already *IS* and will be heavily regulating all those doctors, hospitals, clinics, and health insurance companies.

AND, they will be regulating YOU.

You've been had.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Lunacy is sticking up for government officials whom are trying to say they love you and care about your health, by passing a bill call the Affordable Care Act that is doing nothing more than making the insurance companies very wealthy and funneling what little bit of money people have into the hands of the wealthy!

Sure, you can blame this on the insurance companies and the hospitals, but the bottom line is, whom gave this gift of a pyramid scheme to them by creating this law?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Sure, you can blame this on the insurance companies and the hospitals, but the bottom line is, whom gave this gift of a pyramid scheme to them by creating this law?

The gift came from the PPACA,100% owned by the progressive Democratic party.

And fully supported by all progressive Left Wing NGO's.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

xuenchen
This new report is evidence and probably is only a mild indication of the real problems.

Evidence?? What did I miss? I thought it was a survey. So let's see --- in the interest of 'Denying Ignorance' --- 200 surveys against a universe of 7.6M heathcare professionals is roughly 0.0026% sample. Violates every aspect of panel/sample design.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I have spend some time studying epidemiology and I am not going to say these guys are right or wrong but what i would say is that it is impossible to know what effect it will have.

Sure there are many who can say "well i my view it will lead to more deaths because of x, y and z" but you cant actually say anything for definite.

Really it would probably take years of study before anyone can say if Americans have better or worse heath outcomes after the implementation of "Obama-care".

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

jtma508

xuenchen

Evidence?? What did I miss? I thought it was a survey. So let's see --- in the interest of 'Denying Ignorance' --- 200 surveys against a universe of 7.6M heathcare professionals is roughly 0.0026% sample. Violates every aspect of panel/sample design.

Yes.

And it's entirely possible that a 'better' sample design would have shown the results to be even more alarming.

Coupa Solutions appears to be fairly reputable, as they are a 'business' outfit, not political.

(from their 'about us' page in OP link;

Coupa helps companies create an environment of responsible spending, and by doing that they save money. After all, software doesn’t spend money, people do. And when we’re united by a common purpose, great things happen. E-procurement is an outdated concept; it’s time for We-procurement
Maybe the Congressional binge spenders should take a closer look !!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Whatever. I do this for a living and have for a long time. If they are a 'responsible' company they would design their surveys appropriately. Not to mention, no information is given about who these 'healthcare professionals are or what the mix is. To try and trot this out as 'evidence' is intellectually dishonest. It is the OPINIONS of some non-defined healthcare people. Could be noted brain surgeons, could be first-year LPNs working in a nursing home. In any case, they are OPINIONS not evidence. No facts here at all. But, then again, why let facts get in the way of political agendas.

top topics

join