It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever feel like you don't fit in your body?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I like this video:

edit on 5-10-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cappy85

I fee the same way as you. It could have something to do with genetic memories.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cappy85

edit on 5-10-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Genetic memories? Would that be similar to Jung's collective unconscious?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
No, you have not lost me. To me, it seems as if you were reincarnated from another life, and for whatever reason, you have not fully been involved or attached to this one...if that makes sense at all. Some times, when I dream, I see myself staring in a mirror. The women staring back at me looks different than I am now. I get this feeling that is more right than what I see now. Despite that, I feel comfortable in my body now. I guess the advice I have to give is...hang on. I heard a quote today about holding on, because no matter how bad things get, they will always get better. I hope that helped!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Cappy,
Another thing that works for me, since I have always had the "uncomfortable in a body" feeling, is grounding.

Bare foot in the grass, work on gardening, hands in the soil, plants, even touching a tree does wonders.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by KMTartist

I am doing great hanging in. I was starting to feel like a freak but honesly whether it be psychological or metaphysical, I have to come to accept myself. It is such an interesting concept and I definitely enjoy the theories, though we will never know. Adding in meditation has helped to at least relax my mind and take away the anxiety.
As I mentioned, many of these theories are new to me and so I have enjoyed looking into the ideas, though I haven't came to a conclusion. I noticed in all my pictures I do have the glassy, distant look so idk, maybe it is a medical issue or maybe not. Do you also have that issue? I have just always found that I have been trying to find myself and learn about who I am (self-discovery) and that is where this question somewhat came from

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I can certainly try that, though it is getting cold out but I won't lie I have such a fear of getting dirty, that it is almost OCD, though I love nature. I will try to strike a good balance!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Cappy, it sound like you my be a first born or only child. If so you may be exhibiting the first born symptoms of excessive responsibility. I and my my wife are both first born's as well, and can identify with your feelings.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I was the youngest child but my brothers and sisters are 30+ years older than me. I am happy to report that I no longer feel out of my body. A lot has changed in my life and all is well!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I know exactly how you feel. I've felt the exact same way most of my life. I used to get these really wierd feelings that I didn't belong when I was a kid that would pretty much drop me to the ground. I still feel disconnected from most of the world, like I just don't fit in anywhere, my thoughts/ideas are too absurd/advanced for average society. I'd rather discuss thought provoking ideas over what celebrity wore what or other crap like that.

I've done research on what could cause it and I've come up with a lot of explanations that could cause it, but nothing really seems right (mental disorders, trauma, out of body experiences, the old soul theory, etc.). I've been told by a 'psychic' (I cannot fully believe in psychics, as I have yet to meet one who's been right about me, it's all about the observations they make about a person) that I also have an old soul, which pretty much means that I've lived more past lives than most people on this earth (don't know what to think of that)...

Any ways just thought to let you know you're not the only 'weirdo' out there

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: cappy85

From what I can understand there is little that you are able to do in order to feel comfortable "in your body" - perhaps if you pay less attention to your body, you would not have to worry about it as much. Personally, I do not really even feel the presence of my body, I just feel the state of my mind and spirit. Perhaps you can do the same by practicing to focus on what you would call your "spirit/soul" and sense that it has its own separate "body" - when you can do this, you won't feel so uncomfortable, because you will lose awareness of your physical body, and gain awareness of your spiritual vessel.

The problem is that you generally will lose a lot of feeling, however, if you are uncomfortable with your body, then maybe that is a good thing.

At this point I don't want to sound like being in a physical body is a bad thing - I see my body and brain much like a car, it is my transportation and also my home.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: cappy85
I was the youngest child but my brothers and sisters are 30+ years older than me. I am happy to report that I no longer feel out of my body. A lot has changed in my life and all is well!

Can you elaborate on whats changed for the better? How you were able to improve?

A few years ago, I had the very real, however, fleeting sensation I had VR goggles on, needless to say I did not like that feeling at all, I have also had out of body experiences, seen the spirit of deceased loved ones, and other paranormal experiences. It seems inherent to question the nature of reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join