It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genuine U.S. Military questionnaire: Would you obey an order to fire on U.S. citizens ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I don't see the US military firing on it's own citizens for refusing to surrender firearms. That would destroy this county. It would give our enemies an opening to attack us.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: brandiwine14

You know MOST would go along in order to better compromise that if they had ANY brains at all.
I would say it all the time ...THEN kill my CO the MOMENT he gave the order.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Psychopaths?
What are YOU some kind of POGUE?
Psychopaths have NARCISSISIM.They don't TAKE orders and THEY SURE as hell would hazard themselves in conflict.
I learned THAT a year and a half ago in COLLEGE.
I learned about combat arms troops by personal attendance.
These NEW kids would drop like flies if they dared to try to support a take over.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TwiTcHomatic

They are quite countable and small elements.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

You have NO idea.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: afoolbyanyothername

The 1962 Stanley Milgram experiment says it all... in my opinion.

In this experiment ordinairy people were asked to obey "authority" and went all the way. How many soldiers, all conditioned and prepped would go all the way?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: afoolbyanyothername

With all the recruitment going on for the National Guard, a similar question came to my mind - if you had to obey an order to kill?

It turns out - you do.

In fact, during wartime, not obeying an order from a superior officer can be punishable by death.

However, the order has to 'lawful'.

In fact, if you listen to an unlawful order by a military superior, you can be punished later in a court of law as was the case where a soldier was ordered to shoot an elderly man in Vietnam. His defense of, "I was only following orders" did not hold up in court. The soldier (Keenan) was found guilty of murder.

Its a really great article (link below).

The Vietnam War presented the United States military courts with more cases of the "I was only following orders" defense than any previous conflict. The decisions during these cases reaffirmed that following manifestly illegal orders is not a viable defense from criminal prosecution. In United States v. Keenan, the accused (Keenan) was found guilty of murder after he obeyed in order to shoot and kill an elderly Vietnamese citizen. The Court of Military Appeals held that "the justification for acts done pursuant to orders does not exist if the order was of such a nature that a man of ordinary sense and understanding would know it to be illegal." (Interestingly, the soldier who gave Keenan the order, Corporal Luczko, was acquitted by reason of insanity).

Probably the most famous case of the "I was only following orders" defense was the court-martial (and conviction for premeditated murder) of First Lieutenant William Calley for his part in the My Lai Massacre on March 16, 1968. The military court rejected Calley's argument of obeying the order of his superiors. On March 29, 1971, Calley was sentenced to life in prison.

Military Orders To Obey or Not to Obey?

By Miltary Expert - Rod Powers

The Mỹ Lai Massacre (Vietnamese: thảm sát Mỹ Lai) was the Vietnam War mass killing of between 347 and 504 unarmed civilians in South Vietnam on March 16, 1968. It was committed by U.S. Army soldiers from the Company C of the 1st Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment, ... Victims included men, women, children, and infants. Some of the women were gang-raped and their bodies mutilated. Twenty-six soldiers were charged with criminal offenses..

My Lai Massacre

edit on 23-10-2015 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Somewhere in them questions is missing something about the US Constitution?

Sounds like a corporate merger to me...

Soldiers for a salary...

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
We already HAVE ,in support of a Constitutional republic.
America is our IDENTITY now whatever the transient popular MSM wants to play, we are about the country as we know it, and this traitor in Chief is not aligning with most combat troops belief in God and country.
The YOUNGER self absorbed types may not care but THEY can't fight accept maybe as cops or feds,no commitment to anything but what they can get.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

However, when actually putting the same soldier in the middle of a city with unhappy citizens and a trigger happy CO who gives this order things will turn out very different. First, the soldier's years of training to follow orders kicks in. Second, it is the heat of the moment so they won't be utilizing their brain at full capacity either, instead relying on instinct. Third, these soldiers will most likely be deployed to areas of the country where they shouldn't have family or friends. Fourth, the citizens in question will have been vocally demonized by military and government propaganda to make them seem less than human. The result of all this is that many soldiers would end up firing on U.S. citizens if given the order.

This I think most people take this for granted. I would just like to add that the military is also trained to work as a team, and the team is only as strong as its weakest link.

That means all it takes is one person to start firing and the rest will join in. Even if they don't want to, because they do not want to be identified as the weak link or as a causality.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Source seems pretty iffy.

Funny how people get right into it without verifying just how "genuine" a claim is.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join