It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov Seizes Funds Of Innocent Americans Without Charge

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Source

Mac Slavo September 26th, 2013 SHTFplan.com

Do you still keep a hefty portion of your savings in a U.S. bank? If so you may want to reconsider your options. Because if the following report from theInstitute of Justice is any indication, nothing you hold in private bank account is safe anymore. Can the government use civil forfeiture to take your money when you have done nothing wrong—and then pocket the proceeds? The IRS thinks so.

For over 30 years, Terry Dehko has successfully run a grocery store in Fraser, Mich., with his daughter Sandy. In January 2013, without warning,the federal government used civil forfeiture to seize all of the money from the Dehkos’ store bank account (more than $35,000) even though they’ve done absolutely nothing wrong.

Because of the law that banks have to report any transaction of $10,000.00 or more AND any transaction that may be avoiding this amount ie multiple transactions below that level, this family was reported and their business account was seized. And is still frozen. They have not been charged with a crime but they have lost their money regardless.

What’s frightening about the experience of Terry and Sandy Dehko is that just months prior to their seizure of their assets the Internal Revenue Service completed an audit indicating that all of their records were legitimate, and their small business was operating within the guidelines of Federal tax law. No matter.

When surveillance state flagging algorithms spotted them depositing suspicious amounts of money just below the $10,000 required federal reporting limit into their bank account, a necessity for the Dehkos because their insurance only covered up to $10,000 in losses, they were red flagged by automated monitoring systems as possible money launderers.

Their $35,000 was subsequently seized after the IRS filed a secret warrant (a lot of that going around these days) accusing them of “structuring.” Because of the nature of civil forfeiture laws they now have to fight for their own money and prove their activities were legal. The IRS required no proof whatsoever. An accusation was enough.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This is way too scary. It's getting far worse than I thought, and happening a lot quicker than I anticipated.

It can't get anymore "in your face" than this, can it?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

And this doesn't even touch upon any Cyprus-like mass confiscations which, while very unlikely, are not impossible.

We must not fail to imagine how deleterious our government could be to our best interests.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Governments see a country wide problem as 1 divided by the populace - YOUR problem therefore just take what they need. Even though your vote doesnt matter, you cant change or modify anything and all you ever did was pay your taxes like a good boy/girl.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
After what happened with the Cyprus deal, nobody should be shocked. Folks here watch things happening in other countries and ignore the fact that what they see there could very well be seen here as well. I have seen where other banks have also "had issues" that kept people from withdrawing money from their accounts, paying their bills, etc. in the last year. There should never be a time where that happens. Ever. But it does and folks just keep depositing money anyway.

I am not sure what the answer is. I don't use a bank at all, but I imagine it isn't that easy for people that have a decent amount of money that they don't want to hide under their mattresses.

I firmly believe there will come a time when those 48 hour outages that prevented people from withdrawing their funds will turn into 72 hour outages and so on and so on until Ooops.... your funds have been misplaced, lost, stolen, etc.

People seriously do need to start looking for other options I think. It is getting out of control and when it hits the wall it will be too late to do anything about it but regret it.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Maybe they should start monitoring that mosque in Minnesota that has been sending terrorists abroad for training and missions. We go to Afghanistan to destroy a terror structure but have one brewing right here in the good ol USA.

edit on 27-9-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I read the story and is despicable how our for the people government has become so over bloated that agencies are working independently using their own version and interpretation of laws under the many bills and acts that has sprouted like bastard children since 9/11, never before our nations corporate dictatorship has gotten as big since 9/11, circumventing the constitution with the many agencies that now are working individually with their own self-giving powers.

Hopefully this incidents will start piling out until this Nazi gestapo type will be exposed, I hope it will not be too late when the supreme court finally takes upon the unconstitutional NSA surveillance and the powers that have granted to other agencies like the IRS and to think that more power is heading their way with Obamacrap care.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

When will people understand, maybe they just dont know?

Its no coincidence that the "Federal Reserve" and the IRS were both established in 1913.

It was a complete take over of America's financial freedom in the form of a private bank their tax collecting enforcers.

You know why they allegedly passed the 16th Amendment (many claim that it was never properly ratified). Because in 1895, income taxes were ruled unconstitutional.

Problem is, the government has their tentacles dug deep. Take withholding for example, which was a "temporary" war time measure (notice how they always screw us during a "time of war").

People think they are "getting money back". Youre not. They're just returning some of what they already took...

edit on 27-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

top topics

join