It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleeping problems? Look no further the future is NOW!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
In the old days before all this technology they had a fool proof method of helping people sleep, it was called hard work.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

hknudzkknexnt
Tired of not being able to sleep? Not any more, the Ziz is a revolutionary sleep aid calming to "optimize" sleep patterns.

Insomnia could be a thing of the past

This kind of thing has been around since I was a kid... just saying..
edit on 9/27/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/27/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Slavery.... you mean?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Tardacus
In the old days before all this technology they had a fool proof method of helping people sleep, it was called hard work.

Ha .. Where I'm from people say they work hard and by that I mean getting up off their backsides to get their benefit cheques

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Only last month there was a thread that wifi was causing sleep disturbances and here we have a device for sleep disturbances that communicates with your phone using bluetooth which uses 2.4 GHz radio waves , that same as wifi.

edit on 27-9-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Meh. Amateurs. The Russians designed a gadget to put you to sleep with electronics in the 60's. We stole it and turned it into something else.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
900Ml of Gabapentin seems to work well for me.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

ThePeaceMaker
I have another cure I use but because of ats t&c's I can't say what it is .. But it works

I have a similar tool. It's whenever my wife says, " Honey, lets have sex.. Again". I'm still recuperating from the last 2 hour session and She wants do do it again! The very nerve. Yep.. puts me right to sleep LOL.

About the device.. It looks more like a tool to record and study sleeping habits than it is a tool to actually help you fall asleep. Exactly how this helps you sleep better in the long run, i can't figure out.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Lol how often does she say that though ? But a good answer why buy these goggles just have loads of sex !

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

ThePeaceMaker
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Lol how often does she say that though ? But a good answer why buy these goggles just have loads of sex !

Well you know women.. once they start they don't like to stop. Happens perhaps 3 times a week. Yeah we're animals.

Anyway, I have suffered from insomnia in the past and I know it sucks bad. Seems the best way to be sure to fall asleep is to make yourself real tired doing anything physical. Even sleeping pills don't work. I see this tool as more of a gimmick novelty than a real sleep aid.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

bloodreviara
This reminds me of a lucid dreaming device they tried to
market for awhile, its a tough market as it require a good
bit of discipline on the part of your customers as well.

The use of a device like this for lucid dreaming is that
when it detects REM sleep it flashes a dim light over
your eye, the idea being that you train yourself to
think any time you see a flashing light, attempt to
ascertain whether or not your dreaming.

While this method does work for some it is also possible
with something as simple as a clock, and maybe better
even. Every time you look at a clock, even throughout
the day, see if your dreaming. Sometimes you can lucid
dream this way.

A cheaper solution is to carry a card on you at all times. On the back side draw a symbol (star, circle, ect). Several times a day, pull it out look at the front and flip it over. If the symbol is the same, you are not dreaming.

Eventually after doing this for a long enough period of time, you will find yourself doing it in your dreams. Generally, the symbol will not be the same in your dreams.

Also, electronics never seem to work quite right in dreams. Light switches don't work properly, radios don't seem to match the stations you're used to.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It could be used like that but honestly some weird S**t has to go down first before people willingly got brainwashed. Could be used for teaching..

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

MystikMushroom

Also, electronics never seem to work quite right in dreams. Light switches don't work properly, radios don't seem to match the stations you're used to.

Speak for yourself, John.

I solve all sorts of engineering problems in dreams.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

reply to post by wtbengineer

if you're not talking about a
Dreamachine
please post any plans
java based dreammachine www.netliberty.net...

Please note: This can cause Photosensitive epilepsy en.wikipedia.org... in some people, depending on the frequency chosen.

More info about Dreamachines

You can try a dreamachine right here in your browser: Start Dreamachine.

For a proper effect sit rather close to the monitor, and remember to close your eyes.

Monitors are not as bright as light bulbs, so turning off the room lights, and making the monitor the only light can help too.

hknudzkknexnt
reply to post by wtbengineer

Thats very interesting, sorry i misread what you said.

Have you heard of the cut a tennis ball in half tape each to your eyes and shine a red light, causes mild forms of hallucinations

Ganzfeld_effect

here's a lucid dreaming mask on kickstarter,although Stephen LaBerge
is supposed to have produced the original www.lucidity.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

When electronics don't work, that is one of my first "triggers" to let me know I'm dreaming.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Metaphysique

What I'm describing was found from the book "More Electronic Gadgets For the Evil Genius" that I downloaded at BookOS.com
It's chapter 29 I think, called Mind-Synchronizing Generator.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

ThePeaceMaker
I have another cure I use but because of ats t&c's I can't say what it is .. But it works

That's exactly the cure for insomnia i use too mate, and yes it absolutely works and has zero side effects in the morning.

But, as you say, it's against T&C to mention it by name or insinuation.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Well, officially I've never tried anything like that. But if I had, I'd have to say it screws up my concentration for days, and I'd lose my job and clearance if I got tested.

So when I've got insomnia, there's two things that work. One is Trazodone, which always works but has interesting side effects which the old lady finds desirable, and which the VA likes you to take by the handful for some reason, the other is this stuff which works like a charm, but tastes like moldy concentrated ass.
edit on 30-9-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I have experienced a variety of things that make me go to sleep.The first one is physical work and a healthy diet followed by stress free living in a natural environment...Sex,pakalolo! smokes and keeping your room cool,dark and as quiet as possible are also very helpful...Drinking hot milk with honey or eating a couple of pears with some whipped cream is a good sleeping aid as well...Try all the above at the same time and if you are still having trouble sleeping,then you need serious solutions,which unfortunately most likely will have serious side effects.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Bedlam
reply to post by MysterX

Well, officially I've never tried anything like that. But if I had, I'd have to say it screws up my concentration for days, and I'd lose my job and clearance if I got tested.

So when I've got insomnia, there's two things that work. One is Trazodone, which always works but has interesting side effects which the old lady finds desirable, and which the VA likes you to take by the handful for some reason, the other is this stuff which works like a charm, but tastes like moldy concentrated ass.
edit on 30-9-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

Hmm..those 'interesting side effects' would probably interest my Mrs too! Probably won't be able to get Trazodone here in the UK though...ah well, she'll just have to be mildly contented for now!

Tried similar stuff to that dream sleep juice you take, valerian does taste bloody horrible doesn't it.

Doesn't work for me either, neither does physical work like exercise and so on...i've even been known to go running around the streets at 2-3am to try and knacker myself out to sleep...no joy.

Alcohol works, but as we know, has serious side effects especially the next day, so it don't use booze as a sleep aid (well, not any more)...tried antihistamines meant for allergies and insect bites, they do work as a sleep aid, but make me feel hung over all the next day, like booze.

The only real choice for me is herbal...it works for me, doesn't have any side effects (although i accept that may not be the case for absolutely everyone) and is all natural.

But that 'wife pleasing side effect' you mention, i could live with that!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join