It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of people known to have died in the earthquake in Pakistan rises to 400

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

The government said that official rescue teams have not been able to reach many affected areas because of poor road networks, says the BBC's Shahzeb Jillani, in Quetta.

When a helicopter responded to the disaster and narrowly missed being taken down down by an RPG.

later members of the Frontier Corps also came under fire in Awaran, the district worst affected by the quake.

western aid has been "discouraged" in Balochistan. WHATS GOING ON??

the quake was felt from India's capital

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 27-9-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

I am quite shocked by the lack of attention this has got on the MSM. I guess because it doesn't fit with their terrorism/gun brainwashing stories.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Im confused myself, honestly the only reason im falling this story so much is because I have a friend thats visiting over there. his phones been off sense take off (billing reasons I guess) but he hasn't been getting on facebook recently. Im not jumping to anything but I would be lying if I wasn't a little worried.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
What I want to know is where the AID is to help every single one of these people to safety and to restructure their lives, WORLD WIDE AID at that. Every person is precious ,infinite, magnificient beings, brothers and sisters, and there is NO EXCUSE for ever walking away from anyone in need in any country or region. That is the only legitimate use of the UN to get in there and assist. And for lands to be set aside and services always provided for all people all the time.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

I'm not shocked.

I remeber when a full quarter of pakistan was under water and the MSM put it to the back of their priorities. However, sports news, specifiaclly the cricket scandle ran by the three pakistani cricketers was the number 1 headline news for a least as long as it took the country to dry out.

I make a point in this OP that shows another country not in favour with tptb.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

I think with the emergency services needing the lines maybe networks are down to the people, or people asked only to use them sparingly so the systems don't go down?

I think I have heard of this with other disasters.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I think a big deterrent was the attacks they got from trying to help

new topics

top topics

join