It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare - Could search your house without a warrant if you are known to buy cigarettes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Well, with all due respect to the Russian News Organization, RT ...This is a situation where the Russian Government can keep it's opinions to itself. It doesn't know what it's talking about. Period.

The Super Court has different but 100% EQUAL AND FULL AUTHORITY of Congress and the Executive Branch. I know Obama has been spanked a couple times now (...actually, when has he WON anything major since insulting them at one of his first State of the Union Speeches?) and both Obama and Congress would love to play like the Super Court doesn't exist...let alone wield power.

The fact of the matter is the total opposite. What the court lacks is the power of initiative. By design. Their power is so total and absolute otherwise, that was the check and balance they got. (There is no appeal from the Super Court. That's it. Matter over by what they say, if they choose to be definitive on something)

They can turn Obama's little world inside out....and there isn't a damn thing he can do about it. That's how our system is designed. The catch is what it's always been. They need the case BROUGHT to them. I.E....Initiative. They can't start action...only review what is brought to them.
edit on 27-9-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Lol my god are you serious? You folks have really gotten desperate.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

And i thought nothing coming from USA Corp. could surprise me anymore. Damn it.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Who has gotten desperate? I was reporting something, not making something up. I thought it was worth investigating this after hearing the report of it happening to someone we know, and then I found out that it was, in fact, a possibility.

You could try countering the argument if you like, I'm open to it, in fact it is a good idea for you to. It is hard for me to play Devil's Advocate against myself.

I was a Democrat following the Bush Administration's countless mishaps, including The Patriot Act. Following that, I got a full liberal arts education (probably motivated by Bush) but was exposed to some shaky liberal policies in the process.

So I have my eye on ObamaCare at the moment.
edit on 27-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks, Beezer - *ahem* - Wrabbit -

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

You do realize Beezzer and I are entirely different people, right? You've said that twice now? I figured it was a slip or a cute thing the first time..but I just wanted to clarify. We both use bunnies for avatars and generally agree on the major issues in life ...but we're in no way related. (We might even disagree on something one of these days...lol)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wow - sorry Wrabbit I do! That was entirely my mistake. I must have seen the rabbit avatar and read your arguments but spaced it.

I guess I subconsciously consider you and Beezer to be pretty similar especially in the quality and content of your arguments.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Forces, including such families that have members of the Armed Forces who have had multiple deployments outside of the United States.

Good god! Why does the government insist on demonizing its own veterans? First we were placed on government watch lists, next the FBI considered us potential terrorists, now we are a health risk. This is getting absurd! Not to mention this is a pretty boned headed move by the government. Make the one class of citizen that has gone through the best military training on the planet pissed off at you. Way to go government... (man I miss the eye roll face...)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

For some reason my page won't allow me to "reply" unless it is replying to an existing "reply"?!

Anyway, my family is up the creek on this one. My husband and I both smoke (only outside the home and in our bedroom with a fan in the window), my 15 yr old is on probation and has an Adolescent Response Unit caseworker (through Children & Youth), he is also on medication and in treatment for mental health issues. We would be considered low income as well since our family of 5 brings home less than $3,500/mo.

I think I may have a big neon bulls-eye on my front door!! *sigh*

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

So, what happened to your friend? His house was searched, then what happened? Fined? Put on a list? What?

I've read this was going to happen, but have not heard what happens after said searches.

Oh yeah, your friend is ignorant for letting anyone into their home to conduct any kind of search.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
i think what surprises me the most, is after the plethora of deceit, corruption and the like, that anybody in their right minds thinks the gov. want to help us in any way shape or form. it just blows my mind seeing so many idiots and morons in our world that believe in the lies still to this day.

i don't play the blame individuals game when it comes to our elected monopoly, i think they all suck right across the board.

the ACA was never intended to fix anything, it was designed for control of the masses, nothing more and nothing less. i guess the silver lining in my train of thought is this, ACA will never get off the ground, and that will be our solace.

the only reason they want to know every little detail about citizens is because they can use that data to control them.

you like cigarettes fine, we'll come poking around your privacy without a warrant as we already do.

you use medical cannabis, fine no insurance for you since you use illegal drugs.

your kids are sick a lot, fine we see a need to remove them from your sick household.

doesn't anyone get it yet????????????????????????????????? ACA is like a trojan horse, a virus, malware which will be installed in every aspect of your life.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I guess no one bothered to fact check this. According to Snopes, it's false.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Oh, it has started already. In fact, the primary damage is done. All of your health information is now in the unsecured databases which can and will be used against you, not to help you. Not to mention the utility criminals will find in having easy one-stop access to every bit of compromising information they could have ever hoped for.

Always looking out for you, that government is.

The great Tao fades away
There is benevolence and justice
Intelligence comes forth
There is great deception

The six relations are not harmonious
There is filial piety and kind affection
The country is in confused chaos
There are loyal ministers

-Tao Te Ching

The question should never be what will be done with power, it should should always be what could be done with power.
edit on 27-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I like to call it "The Read Later Bill". Over 2000 pages! The decades old progressive plan came out after all those years of pressure like one big bowel movement. A big fat pig roast! A blue ribbon hog!

edit on 27-9-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Krazysh0t

Forces, including such families that have members of the Armed Forces who have had multiple deployments outside of the United States.

Good god! Why does the government insist on demonizing its own veterans? First we were placed on government watch lists, next the FBI considered us potential terrorists, now we are a health risk. This is getting absurd! Not to mention this is a pretty boned headed move by the government. Make the one class of citizen that has gone through the best military training on the planet pissed off at you. Way to go government... (man I miss the eye roll face...)

Yea that it. They now have after 10 years of war thousands walking about on the streets and farms of america who know how to fight and have already proven they will. This is disconcerting to them.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

IMO, This sounds like nothing more than a bunch of baseless fear mongering on the part of those who oppose the A.C.A., what a surprise!

Furthermore, my assessment is supported by the fact that lies don't get much bigger than the one portrayed and promoted by the title of your thread.

ObamaCare - Could search your house without a warrant if you are known to buy cigarettes

A person would have to be an absolute idiot to think that there was one ounce of truth in your thread title, much less the content of the OP and/or linked sources. But then again, that's the target audience now isn't it?

If you can provide a single quote from the Affordable Care Act that authorizes "warrantless searches of your home" for any reason whatsoever, I'll kiss your naked butt in the middle of any main street in any town in America and I'll give you a week to sell tickets to anyone who wishes to watch.

Just how stupid does someone have to be to buy into this type of wholesale ignorance and fear mongering?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Dang, you're right. I spoke to soon on this thread...

www.snopes.com...

No provision of the PPACA authorizes federal agents to undertake "forced home inspections." What this item (erroneously) references is the PPACA's creation of the Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Visiting Program, which "facilitates collaboration and partnership at the federal, state, and community levels to improve health and development outcomes for at-risk children through evidence-based home visiting programs" by awarding development grants to states that "currently have modest home visiting programs and want to build on existing efforts."

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Flatfish

IMO, This sounds like nothing more than a bunch of baseless fear mongering on the part of those who oppose the A.C.A., what a surprise!

Furthermore, my assessment is supported by the fact that lies don't get much bigger than the one portrayed and promoted by the title of your thread.

A person would have to be an absolute idiot to think that there was one ounce of truth in your thread title, much less the content of the OP and/or linked sources. But then again, that's the target audience now isn't it?

If you can provide a single quote from the Affordable Care Act that authorizes "warrantless searches of your home" for any reason whatsoever, I'll kiss your naked butt in the middle of any main street in any town in America and I'll give you a week to sell tickets to anyone who wishes to watch.

Just how stupid does someone have to be to buy into this type of wholesale ignorance and fear mongering?

does it have to be in the ACA or can it be in the NDAA which will be, thanks to our friends in DC, cross linked with every federal agency....

the ACA is anything but fear mongering and i have a strong feeling you will get to live that reality for yourself.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
Give me my smokes or give me death!
Oh wait, I get both at once!

I can believe this, the Obama administration knows no Constitutional bounds. They will lie, cheat, steal, murder, whatever it takes to fulfill their agenda. Popping in to people's homes for cig searches would be a small step for these authoritarians.
I believe you Darkbake, this wouldn't surprise me in the least.
S&F

This, is why I think the IRS was set up as the backbone for implementing Obamacare. What other agency already has the power, and infrastructure, to seize homes and personal property for supposed nonpayment of taxes.

Obamacare is nothing more than another tax imposed upon the public, without their consent. I see in the not too distant future, those who choose to disobey the new healthcare law of required buying into Obamacare, having their assets seized as government property. No different than personal assets seized for delinquent taxes. From now on, the title to your home, car, property...the IRS/Government, has legal dibs on it, before you do.

If you choose to not obey the new law/tax...the IRS can simply file a lien on your property. You won't be able to sell it, nor use it as collateral for procuring a loan. It isn't your property anymore.

The legal aspects of Obamacare are chilling to the bone. It gives the government a stranglehold over everything a person works to own. If you think it won't go that far...think again.

This is why the *favored* have been granted amnesty from Obamacare. They know what's really coming down the pike...and it ain't gonna be pretty.

Des

edit on 27-9-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It's not "targeting" anyone, it will be free services available to those who fall into the categories.
Including the military is a dead giveaway.
Nice try at fear mongering.

Say you are rich, or above poverty, you need help with an autistic child....all you need to do is say someone in the house smokes and you can rake in piles of Obama bucks for inhome care.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join