It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recurring dreams of psychokinetic powers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Lately I've had several recurring dreams of having psychokinesis (telekinesis).

Let me make some clarifications and provide a little back story.

I realize dreams are just dreams, sometimes. I've had countless normal dreams of extremely strange stuff, but they've always been recognizable as flights of fancy and my memory working through random possibilities from recent events. But, I've also had some strange experiences with dreams in my life.

In my early 20's shortly after a friend died from cancer he visited me in a very lucid dream. I remember asking in the dream why he was visiting me in the dream. He wanted to know how I was, and let me know he was ok. We were sitting on white stone steps leading to a structure. It was the most lucid dream I've ever had, and I had more experiences with lucid dreaming after that. I taught myself how to fly in my dreams and have been able to change the course of a dream, sometimes, before being sucked back into it.

So recently I've had this dream of having telekinetic powers. I concentrate on an object, then tense my core muscles, and imagine the object moving how I want it to move. Then it moves. I always feel like it's absolutely natural to have this power if you can focus on it. When I wake up I feel like I forgot something that was necessary for the power to be activated, but it's on the edge of awareness.

Questions...?

Has anyone else experienced this?

I feel like there could be a connection with the chakras of my body, but know little about them other than there is a chakra for the core/stomach. It emanates from there, that's the source of the power in the dreams. Is there a way to develop this chakra?

I've never seen provable examples of telekinesis so I'm wary of the entire concept. Maybe I'm totally off base and this is a metaphor for something else going on in my life? Possible?

What say you ATS?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I think this is a pretty cool amazing occurrence, and God bless your buddy who was taken by cancer.

Dreams are damn weird, but i will tell you for a fact that some of them definitely do alert you to something in your life, or just simply replay whatever random event your brain subconsciously picks. Other times, your mind will take clips and snippets of the most insignificant people and events in your past and throw it into a WTF scenario.

Your mind is definitely on your friend, and the fact that you had such a vivid lucid dream means that you had a great relationship with this person.

The telekinesis. No idea why you be experiencing this in your dream consistently. Did you watch or read anything involving telekinesis, or is it a subject that you are very interested in? I can't think of any underlying meanings or esoteric translations for this, but there is a reason why you are dreaming of this.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

bigman88
I think this is a pretty cool amazing occurrence, and God bless your buddy who was taken by cancer.

Dreams are damn weird, but i will tell you for a fact that some of them definitely do alert you to something in your life, or just simply replay whatever random event your brain subconsciously picks. Other times, your mind will take clips and snippets of the most insignificant people and events in your past and throw it into a WTF scenario.

Your mind is definitely on your friend, and the fact that you had such a vivid lucid dream means that you had a great relationship with this person.

The telekinesis. No idea why you be experiencing this in your dream consistently. Did you watch or read anything involving telekinesis, or is it a subject that you are very interested in? I can't think of any underlying meanings or esoteric translations for this, but there is a reason why you are dreaming of this.

I had a good relationship with him. In high school he was in a car accident, he flew off an icy road into a field 20 feet below. He was fine but he was concerned that his parents would be mad at him about the car. I was the only one of our circle of friends that left after him, so I coincidentally was able to arrive at the right time and pick him up. He was upset, understandably. I told him his parents would be more concerned that he was ok, and not give a crud about the car, which he borrowed from his older brother. Sure enough when we got to his home he told his mother that he was in an accident and she hugged him right away. Once he explained the events a little she thanked me for taking him home. That event gave us a close bond. Perhaps that's why he visited me...

No clue about the telekinesis, never had any thoughts about it. Generally I think it's bunk, so the strong feelings in the dreams are really weird. They carry over when I'm awake, I really feel like I should be able to do this if I think about it the right way.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Operations

I see this as a manifestation of the dimensional shift we're in, just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Condolences for starts,

I have experienced something similar actually. I too lost someone close, my brother, and the dreams haven't been normal since. The telekinetic were the first ability, then came the fun stuff, the unique stuff, as well as seeing my brother again, well not for long periods of time but brief passings. Again the other possibility is people who experience the death of someone close desire power beyond the grasp of what they had when they experienced the death of a loved one, so its emulated in a dream.

On the other hand, id like to think seeing that "door" or being that close to death, it kinda rubs off on you, breaks the bonds or maybe binds the subconscious and conscious mind into something stronger, like there was a wall between the two, maybe that's what is missing when your awake, your subconscious self, the id per say to your ego/superego.

All just shots in the dark, and I'm probably just crazy and my mind trying to create a stimulus for a lack there of, but since my brother passed, things got amazing real quick, at least in my dreams. yet to figure out how to make it real myself.

Have you had any dreams recently with greater power?
edit on 27-9-2013 by Iontruth because: Glitchy reply box leaving out letters

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I have had these same kinds of dreams, i use to have lucid dreams of flying,i still remember the first. my first flying dream it only took me a minute to get the hang of controlling my flight(very fun by the way)

Just recently ive started having reocurring lucid dreams of telekinetic powers and also i learned to shoot a laser type energy out of my right hand. when i try the telekinesis its very sloppy and sometimes objects lag and take a couple seconds to react,do u have this same problem? i dont use my stomach tho i strain the muscles of my eyes and concentrate hard and use my thoughts and right hand to manuever an object. All of my dreams involving these events were lucid dreams but for some reason in the dream these powers seemed perfectly natural to me but i honestly thought everyone had these dreams.

btw, i dont believe in telekinesis and ive never been a big superhero geek so i dont really know why these things have been the theme of my dreams countless times

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Ya I had something similar happen one time. In the dream I could move things around with ease. So when I woke up I felt almost like I might be able to do this in real life again. And I even tried, I would concentrate on an object, but to no avail ha ha. That's weird about your friend though. hmmmm

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The coming change in DNA.

Everybody every night goes out of body when they sleep to other dimensions. Read on here threads concerning oobe or obe.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

CyanideHappiness
I have had these same kinds of dreams, i use to have lucid dreams of flying,i still remember the first. my first flying dream it only took me a minute to get the hang of controlling my flight(very fun by the way)

Just recently ive started having reocurring lucid dreams of telekinetic powers and also i learned to shoot a laser type energy out of my right hand. when i try the telekinesis its very sloppy and sometimes objects lag and take a couple seconds to react,do u have this same problem? i dont use my stomach tho i strain the muscles of my eyes and concentrate hard and use my thoughts and right hand to manuever an object. All of my dreams involving these events were lucid dreams but for some reason in the dream these powers seemed perfectly natural to me but i honestly thought everyone had these dreams.

btw, i dont believe in telekinesis and ive never been a big superhero geek so i dont really know why these things have been the theme of my dreams countless times

Weird. Objects I move in my dreams have a lag time too. It's only when I tense my core and concentrate on what I want it to do, then it moves after a second or two. I also have to use a hand, to sort of push it or manipulate it, though not touching it. Strange!

I remember my first flight too, I had a hard time until I told my mind to stop fighting it.

Whoa, have not had laser type powers. That would be kind of cool, but scary because it all seems so natural.
edit on 28-9-2013 by Operations because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

spartacus699
Ya I had something similar happen one time. In the dream I could move things around with ease. So when I woke up I felt almost like I might be able to do this in real life again. And I even tried, I would concentrate on an object, but to no avail ha ha. That's weird about your friend though. hmmmm

Sounds like what I've experienced. When I wake up I honestly think I can do it, but when I try it's like I forgot a part of it.

If you're like the rest of us you'll have the dream again.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Iontruth

Condolences for starts,
All just shots in the dark, and I'm probably just crazy and my mind trying to create a stimulus for a lack there of, but since my brother passed, things got amazing real quick, at least in my dreams. yet to figure out how to make it real myself.

Have you had any dreams recently with greater power?

edit on 27-9-2013 by Iontruth because: Glitchy reply box leaving out letters

First, thanks, but it was so long ago that it's just a part of my past. Almost 20 years ago now.

No greater powers recently.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The title of your thread caught my attention but having read through it I see it is more about dreams so my personal real-life experiences with telekinesis, or semi-related events, may not be pertinent here.

I do feel it is something that can be done to a greater or lesser extent, perhaps can be developed especially when aided by other physical factors such as static electricity, but to my level of ability is not always foolproof or available on-demand in all situations. But at least in one instance, my first experience with it, it defied all reason or physical law and was unplanned and totally unexpected but was witnessed by strangers and totally freaked them out. They left the premises in a hurry after seeing that.

I am NOT claiming "I have The Power" because in that most dramatic instance I was not intentionally trying to manipulate anything, was beyond my control, but the event was centered around me and the game/sport I was engaged in at that moment, struggling to master and improve my scores, and things began to demonstrably "go nutz." I wish I could repeat it at will and with some control.

My first thoughts at that moment was that I was being "pranked" so played along with it in a ho-hum fashion. Giving more thought to it later there seemed to be no way such a thing could have been manipulated by an outside prankster so just let it go and chalked it up to weirdness that "just happens."

Some years later I recall reaching for a wooden pencil across a folding table top and having that pencil "running away" from my grasp. Every reach it rolled further away until the last time when I raised out of my chair somewhat to be able to reach it then from inches away it rolled to me when I reached out for it that final time. That had everything to do with static electricity but it gave me something to play with for awhile and demonstrate to others that were in that room at the time. Their efforts to manipulate the pencil didn't work, which added to the mystique when I did it, but then they were not seated at the table and didn't have the same static charge I had at that moment.

I have since done this on various occasions using other light objects, toothpicks, pieces of thread, and such and could actually levitate and suspend in air those lighter objects and make them move about with my hands and the table top well away from them, by over a foot with the pieces of thread. I recall doing this for over an hour one day while two friends watched, and while my body was in proximity their own hands were used to manipulate the object's movement while suspended. It made me wonder if the laws of gravity could be manipulated on a larger scale with the static fields augmented in that fashion.

I never put much time into developing any "powers" but have played with this on occasion, have done some reading and research that led me to trying other experiments of that nature, with positive results, but have also had times when conditions were just not right for it and nothing occurred.

Anyway, fascinating topic, fun and games, and I do believe a lot more could be done with the phenomenon if one worked with it.

ETA: S&F for you.

edit on 28-9-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I have several reoccurring dreams. One particular when I was a child. (glad I don't have that one anymore, was frighting as all get out) I do remember them all to well.

I don't move thing around. But what is strange is strange... Have seen several come true with in a few days after. I never really say anything about them. (people already think I'm strange)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I totally understand about the dreams, as I have had similar experiences. Although I never considered my dreams to be anything paranormal in nature, I have a reoccurring dream where I am levitating off of the ground about 8 inches or so. It's not a lucid dream but I always remember the experience and even feel sort of tired, like the levitation caused me a lot of energy. What's weird about it, though, is that it is the same dream; I'm always in a house with a lot of corners and white walls. It's not that I am flying, just laying on my back and putting out a lot of energy to get less than a foot off the floor. Also, there's a weird hum that goes along with the dream and my body feels as if it is tingling, like coming out of Novocain at the dentist.

I'm very interested in dreams and OBEs but I've never been lucid in my dreams (although I have journaled and meditated for years), but I remember a lot of them. It must be an interesting experience to have such dreams and I think it's awesome that many of you have been blessed.

Great thread and I enjoy reading about others' dreams.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
lucid dreams are very very fun if u kno how to "play around" in them. there is no other place (i know of) where a human could manipulate almost every little aspect of reality. I found myself trying to have them every night but the more i tried the less success i had, and when i start having too much fun or start trying to alter where the dream is taking place id wake up right away.

malraux in your dream where your levitating did you ever see cobweb like electricity thick in the room? have you ever seen a shadow man in that particular dream? also has anyone learned how to control when they lucid dream or how to keep themselves from being pulled out the dream? id really like to know if its possible
edit on 29-9-2013 by CyanideHappiness because: forgot a question

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

CyanideHappiness
lucid dreams are very very fun if u kno how to "play around" in them. there is no other place (i know of) where a human could manipulate almost every little aspect of reality. I found myself trying to have them every night but the more i tried the less success i had, and when i start having too much fun or start trying to alter where the dream is taking place id wake up right away.

malraux in your dream where your levitating did you ever see cobweb like electricity thick in the room? have you ever seen a shadow man in that particular dream? also has anyone learned how to control when they lucid dream or how to keep themselves from being pulled out the dream? id really like to know if its possible
edit on 29-9-2013 by CyanideHappiness because: forgot a question

I had to go back and retread what I wrote because I was sure I mentioned the electricity! Yes, I see the cobwebs of electricity and, after considering my original post, I believe it feels more like sticking a tongue to a battery than novacain.

No, I don't recall a shadow person but, I have another reoccurring dream (no paranormal powers) where I am in a house and the upstairs is sealed off. That same sense of electricity (like the battery to tongue) starts creeping up over me when I start climbing the stairs to the unseen rooms. It's an exhausting dream, too.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
ive seen the cobwebs of electricity, the hum of intense energy only when id dream of this same shadow man..i havnt dreamed of him recently, i had alot of nightmares about him when i was a kid. i knew it was the same shadow man, i dont know how..i also was sure he wasnt good cuz i would get a real ill feeling and drained of energy when he was near.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Psychokinesis....

Hmm...

Nah.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

That's quite interesting that you regard it as fake, but have reoccurring dreams about it.

Maybe it some sort of subliminal want that your mind knows you have. Like the awesomeness of controlling matter through unconventional ways.

I think telekinesis, and other extra-sensory abilities, are latent, deeply buried brain functions left over from when God made humans.

There are mounds of evidence for things like out of body experiences and remote viewing, so i think that telekinesis is something that we can do.
edit on 30-9-2013 by bigman88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Malraux
I totally understand about the dreams, as I have had similar experiences. Although I never considered my dreams to be anything paranormal in nature, I have a reoccurring dream where I am levitating off of the ground about 8 inches or so. It's not a lucid dream but I always remember the experience and even feel sort of tired, like the levitation caused me a lot of energy. What's weird about it, though, is that it is the same dream; I'm always in a house with a lot of corners and white walls. It's not that I am flying, just laying on my back and putting out a lot of energy to get less than a foot off the floor. Also, there's a weird hum that goes along with the dream and my body feels as if it is tingling, like coming out of Novocain at the dentist.

I'm very interested in dreams and OBEs but I've never been lucid in my dreams (although I have journaled and meditated for years), but I remember a lot of them. It must be an interesting experience to have such dreams and I think it's awesome that many of you have been blessed.

Great thread and I enjoy reading about others' dreams.

I would have CONSTANT dreams of me levitating also, but against my will. I will just start floating in the air, and i would have no control of turning mid-air, how high i go, nothing. I just float up into the air, and this sickening feeling of having no control in anything would come over me. I would sometimes wake up irritated and annoyed from that helpless feeling. I constantly have this dream.

Also the ones where i'm specifically in school naked. Another reoccurring one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join