It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Honor of Ted Cruz

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

olaru12

roaland

olaru12

roaland
Man, with all these ppl coming out today agianst Ted Cruz you would think alot of them stood up while he was phibustering to debate him. Oh, wait, hmm guess no one spoke up while he had the floor like they should of.

That in itself speaks volumes about these ppl speaking out agianst Cruz AFTER the fact. cowards...the lot of them..Oh i forgot spineless, cant forget that one....
edit on 26-9-2013 by roaland because: spelling

The Democrats are doing a little happy dance over the Cruz fiasco. And the mainstream GOP are chalking up another loss due to the Tea Party and the old guard infighting and not paying attention to real issues. The GOP need a lot more than just "we're not obama"!!!

Ted C. should run....

screw the republicans! they couldn't fight their way out of a wet paperbag much less talk their way out of one. Their no better then the Dems in my book, both have done great damage to this country and their votes, as well as the ecconomy, reflect that.

The GOP has some good men that are honest, moderate, and have our best interest in mind but they won't stand a chance of winning any national elections as long as the Republican wing that worships Rush Limbaugh are in the drivers seat and making policy.

I don't care if the republican party has good ppl in it or not. If these "good people" dont stand up for the constitution and for what they believe in, no matter what the GOP/Dems say, then these "good people" aren't doing us any good, they are a hinderence that is keeping us from getting our point across to the public. Maybe thats the whole point after all tho....either way, 95% of those in office need to lose their jobs perminately and term limits need to be put into place to help restore this Constitutional Republic.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Logarock
reply to post by Indigo5

The republicans, a republican had to do this. About half of their party base is about to break out the tomatoes on them over this issue. And don't be fooled the dems hate this sort thing.

The Republicans should let that faction of their party base go. They are loud and shrinking...they caused Mitt (via induced pandering) to lose...and hold such profound reality disconnect that they invented the "unskewed" poll to align with their reality that they had a majority...It all led to that shocked expression on Karl Rove's face come election night.

The far-right is killing the GOP, and the interesting part is that the TP doesn't care. Doesn't care that what is happening right now will cost them seats in November and the GOP will suffer when they should be gaining seats in November. They don't care if Gov shuts down, Don't care if the USA Defaults...don't care if we enter a second recession (which we absolutely will after default) or possible a second depression (very possible)...they just don't care...Repeal Obamacare or we will destroy the American Economy...

Not hyperbole...the GOP has painted themselves into a corner where the USA Defaulting is looking likely. If it was Chess...the GOP are in "check"...a CR buying them a couple weeks is just a delay of two moves out to the "Debt Ceiling" debate which is "Checkmate". The TP will not allow Boehner to "forfeit" so...on to checkmate.

We are already feeling the economic impact of this debacle...we will see it in GDP a month or so from now, but the issue is that there are no "outs" left for the GOP other than burning down the building aka the American economy.

The GOP will suffer more than they did in the 90's shut-down.

The American Economy will profoundly suffer.

The Dems will by default be given more power than they deserve or are warranted.
edit on 27-9-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm very confused. I figured most here would have appreciated this stunt. To me, he sounds a bit like the Paul's. Not geniuses, any of em. But they're trying to get the truth out. They're trying to open the curtain and reveal whats in Obama's other hand. Maybe.

He kept saying the people need more power. I tried to pay close attention to anything that I didn't like. I never heard him say anything that I did not like. Like the Paul's. Like Bob Marley. MLK. Atleast that's how I feel about it. Just baffled at the responses here and the other Cruz threads. Maybe i'm wrong.

Garbage in, garbage out. Hopefully Cruz can save us? I learned today, Cruz's wife works for Goldman Ballsachs. Haven't had the chance to discern whether she is a factor or not. She must be.

Indigo5

The republicans, a republican had to do this. About half of their party base is about to break out the tomatoes on them over this issue. And don't be fooled the dems hate this sort thing.

You say that as if democrats haven't done anything wrong. You must realize republican liberal conservative what ever, is not your true enemy. I think ha.
edit on 9-27-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Indigo5

Logarock
reply to post by Indigo5

The Republicans should let that faction of their party base go. They are loud and shrinking...they caused Mitt (via induced pandering) to lose...and hold such profound reality disconnect that they invented the "unskewed" poll to align with their reality that they had a majority...It all led to that shocked expression on Karl Rove's face come election night.

The far-right is killing the GOP, and the interesting part is that the TP doesn't care. Doesn't care that what is happening right now will cost them seats in November and the GOP will suffer when they should be gaining seats in November. They don't care if Gov shuts down, Don't care if the USA Defaults...don't care if we enter a second recession (which we absolutely will after default) or possible a second depression (very possible)...they just don't care...Repeal Obamacare or we will destroy the American Economy...

Not hyperbole...the GOP has painted themselves into a corner where the USA Defaulting is looking likely. If it was Chess...the GOP are in "check"...a CR buying them a couple weeks is just a delay of two moves out to the "Debt Ceiling" debate which is "Checkmate". The TP will not allow Boehner to "forfeit" so...on to checkmate.

We are already feeling the economic impact of this debacle...we will see it in GDP a month or so from now, but the issue is that there are no "outs" left for the GOP other than burning down the building aka the American economy.

The GOP will suffer more than they did in the 90's shut-down.

The American Economy will profoundly suffer.

The Dems will by default be given more power than they deserve or are warranted.
edit on 27-9-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

I don't believe much of this. The TP for example is being squelched out or cherry picked and flat out misrepresented. The only reason the republicans would want to let go of over half their party is because the leading forces are becoming socialized, liberalized, psychedelelizied. The only reason our economy would suffer would seem to be because its so addicted to and founded on government spending.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Thorneblood
reply to post by greencmp

All Ted Cruz proved was that he can bull# for 21 hours..
Ladies and Gentlemen, your next President.

oh yeah?
I want to see his birth certificate!!!
Another embarrassing chapter in the Republicans book, "But his mom is American!!!!"
Like to see that fly after eight years of Presidential birthplaces. Hahahahaha!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Ted C. can't run, he is Canadian by birth. Unless the GOP once again forces SCOTUS to redefine a 'natural' born American citizen.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

But the Republicans won't be smart with their moves. They just keep smashing themselves in the face. It's ridiculous, we're watching a once-great party turn into a bunch of squabbling children. They've decided that anything that Obama supports is evil and stinky and they'll scream and scream and scream against it until they're sick. Pathetic.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

All you are really saying is that they would be good little boys and girls if they would just get in line behind the president on everything.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

All I know is that if the sellout media and Rino and Demo establishment don't like him than he is good for the country. The people that don't like him are the same people that cause the problem in the first place. Ted is A ok in my book, it's pretty obvious.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Logarock
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

All you are really saying is that they would be good little boys and girls if they would just get in line behind the president on everything.

No, I'm saying is that they could at least make an effort at being constructive for once, instead of opposing everything he supports. It's pathetic.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by roaland

Even though I did not vote for him, as a native born Texan and lifelong resident of the state, I feel as though I owe the country an apology for the fact that Ted Cruz ever got anywhere near the U.S. senate. So without further delay, I hereby apologize and ask that you please forgive my fellow Texans for sending such a lunatic to Washington. As it turns out, the man is proving to be quite the narcissistic sociopath I suspected he was prior to his election.

On the other hand, sometimes people need to see what crazy really looks like before they are convinced of the need to reject it.

Ted Cruz is a Tea Party nut-job of the highest order who has absolutely no chance of ever running for POTUS by virtue of the fact that he was born in Canada. But then, the rest of the Tea Party is just ignorant enough to think that his birthplace doesn't matter. I guess the man and the party are actually a perfect match.

I'm beginning to wonder which is the bigger threat to America, Al Qaeda or the Tea Party?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If so many people were so against him then why did they not debate him, could it be they could not fight the facts and like most people who can't debate facts they choose to blast Cruz with hate and ridicule.

The dem's I expect this from but to have republicans say the things they have is sad and pathetic. If nothing else Cruz has really shown just how infiltrated with progressive RINO's the GOP is.

This whole thing is an education in why we need term limits, this is all about the old guard agenst the new and younger politicians that are actually trying to fulfill there campaign promises .

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Battleline
If so many people were so against him then why did they not debate him, could it be they could not fight the facts and like most people who can't debate facts they choose to blast Cruz with hate and ridicule.

The dem's I expect this from but to have republicans say the things they have is sad and pathetic.

This sad and pathetic behavior you speak of is due to the fact that most of the republicans don't have as much spine as a jellyfish. If they did, they would have rejected the Tea Party wing of the conservative movement a long time ago and Ted Cruz would never have gotten elected. At least not under the republican banner.

You know the old saying; "Be careful what you ask for, you just may get it." Here's another that seems to be an apt fit; "Stupid is as stupid does."

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

"rejected the Tea Party a long time ago" isn't that what the old guard has been doing since day one.

Blaming this on the Tea Party is like blaming Bush for Obama's failed presidency, old and tired.

What's happening here is the young conservative's are showing the people what a show the old guard has been putting on for ever to cover what ever agenda there into.......hell I doubt they even know anymore.

The old politicians just want control with out resistance and there willing to eat there own and destroy the GOP if they can't have it there way..........they don't give damn what the constituency thinks.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I remember the same Gloom and Doom reports out the Sequester cuts and layoffs, how did that go?? Take a look at the stock market for evidence.

The same doom and gloom predictions happened with with the House vs the Clinton Administration in 95 and 96 and how did THAT turn out? The Government shut down TWICE. What it did was to finally lead to 4 meaningful budgets that brought us the "Clinton Surplus" you always hear about. Now why would we want something like that????

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Battleline

"rejected the Tea Party a long time ago" isn't that what the old guard has been doing since day one.

Blaming this on the Tea Party is like blaming Bush for Obama's failed presidency, old and tired.

What's happening here is the young conservative's are showing the people what a show the old guard has been putting on for ever to cover what ever agenda there into.......hell I doubt they even know anymore.

The old politicians just want control with out resistance and there willing to eat there own and destroy the GOP if they can't have it there way..........they don't give damn what the constituency thinks.

For starters, no one is blaming Bush for anyone's failed presidency other than his own.

Furthermore, the failure you're currently witnessing is not that of the Obama presidency but rather, it's the failure and last gasp of the bible-thumping neo-cons in this country who are writing their own epitaph via the crazy assed displays, like the recent Ted Cruz debacle in Washington.

If I'm not mistaken, the last poll I saw reflected a 22% approval rating of the Tea Party nationwide, yet this minority of vocally outspoken nut-jobs is currently dictating the path, (right over the cliff) of the GOP. Hope ya'll know how to grow wings or feathers or something. You're going to need them after this stunt!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Harry Reid left Searchlight NV with two suits to his name and is now one of the richest senators there. WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE IS NOT GREEDY.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

"bible thumping neo-con's" "out spoken nut-jobs" why is it that liberals that get into spinning rhetoric can't debate without hatred and ridicule.

Its no wonder the progressives are so afraid of someone like Ted Cruz, the man debates with facts and its hard to fight facts when all your full of is hate for anyone that does not agree with.

I am not defending the GOP, they have there own mess to clean but I will defend someone that fights for what the majority of people want........how can anyone ridicule freedom of choice???
edit on 29-9-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-9-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Flatfish
reply to post by roaland

Even though I did not vote for him, as a native born Texan and lifelong resident of the state, I feel as though I owe the country an apology for the fact that Ted Cruz ever got anywhere near the U.S. senate. So without further delay, I hereby apologize and ask that you please forgive my fellow Texans for sending such a lunatic to Washington. As it turns out, the man is proving to be quite the narcissistic sociopath I suspected he was prior to his election.

On the other hand, sometimes people need to see what crazy really looks like before they are convinced of the need to reject it.

Ted Cruz is a Tea Party nut-job of the highest order who has absolutely no chance of ever running for POTUS by virtue of the fact that he was born in Canada. But then, the rest of the Tea Party is just ignorant enough to think that his birthplace doesn't matter. I guess the man and the party are actually a perfect match.

I'm beginning to wonder which is the bigger threat to America, Al Qaeda or the Tea Party?

I thought I would read some of your other post's to see where you are really coming from, wow you are really full of hate for those that don't agree with you. You must really be scared of someone like Cruz to apologize for a whole state.

What do you think your fellow Texan's think of your apology ............or do you really care?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Battleline

What do you think your fellow Texan's think of your apology ............or do you really care?

I'm a fellow native Texan and can understand the apology. Frankly, Cruz is an embarrassment. It's obvious to many of us that he is simply pandering to the Tea Party. I wonder if Cruz even believes in the positions he takes on the issues.
edit on 29-9-2013 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join