It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange symbols found on the bottom of the Barents Sea

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
Similar to the tracks on the island of malta.

I wonder if the "9" is from them playing with big lasers?

26 feet deep is about the capability....

Need to find the 1-8 out there!

The ruts on Malta and Gozo sure ain't 26 feet deep.....So how is that comparison valid?

As for lasers burning 26 foot deep gouges in the earth.....Have you any idea how much energy that would take?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

MisterMahound
Giant undersea tunnelling worm.

Mystery: solved

Are they related to the Tremors worms or the Beetlejuice worms?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
9 or a 6 looks perfect I also saw a picture in the news showing some type of writing? strange

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

covertpanther
There was an event of ancient times, recorded in nearly every culture in the world - when this event happened the water of the planet splashed over land masses and mountains, and created new lakes, oceans, and seas. While sinking the (then) existing (is)lands, mountains, and bringing forth new (is)lands and mountains.

Before the event, pre-flood, there were many civilizations. They have left behind their marks and hints of their existences. Where there is a lake, before was a tundra, plain, or maybe a city. Where there is a sea, once was a meadow, forest or mountain. In terms of this perspective, the flood has blanketed many ancient civilizations and their 'marks'.

I live in Norway (West coast), last month I flew to Oslo (East), it was perfect flying conditions, so the pilot flew the plane at a lower altitude then usual so we could all marvel the Norwegian landscape. I noticed something that goes with what I said in the first two paragraphs - there are small lakes all over the mountains across Norway. Hundreds and hundreds of mountains, and many of them have small lakes atop.

One could figure it was from rain, but it makes more sense that the mountains and land of Norway, came up from the water after the "event", the many lakes on the mountain tops across the entire country, would validate this. The lakes atop the mountains, are from the land surfacing.

At the sea floor where there are carvings of symbols and what look like tracks - could be from the pre-flood civilizations in that area, that have been lost from the blanket of water..

The mountains in Norway are still rising from the last Ice Age. Every year, they move upwards by a few millimeters. In 1 years, half a centimeter, 50 years - 1 meter, 500 years - 10 meters, 5000 years - 100 meters, 50000 years, 1000 meters. So, just 150,000 years ago, it could have all been marsh-land.

edit on 29-9-2013 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

Who sits there and measures all the mountains in Norway, by millimetres a year? Was that serious, or just really gullable lol? Just because someone calls their self a 'professional', doesnt mean they are not full of sh!t. In other words, I dont believe someone is measuring mountains annually by the millimeter..

My theory makes much more sense, then those numbers, and ridiculous esitmates in years (150,000 years ago).

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I would expect there to be material pushed up along the sides of the trench if they were "plowed", wouldn't you? Are there really icebergs that are 1,000ft deep? Except for the "9", I can see how an iceberg (if they go that deep) could have carved many of those lines. The one that is very deep and wide changed direction after dwelling for a time at the vertex. That could be weather driven. The "9" is also different in that it has a clean start and stop. It looks as though the stop may have been where the loop connects back to the stem; notice how the trench bottom rises as it ends.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jonjonj

He did the fjords really well this time. Think those white mice will ever learn how 42 answers the big questions?

Oh darn I can't take all the hitchhiker references, where's my towel?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

Oh give me a break... a computer connected to sensers does it, they just check it when there is seismic activity.
Your idea is absurd, only because you are clueless.
I'd trust a professor over someone who critcizes something they have no clue about.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

Instead of saying "Man-made, natural, etc, strange symbols" how bout you state the facts first and then speculate?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

covertpanther

Who sits there and measures all the mountains in Norway, by millimetres a year? Was that serious, or just really gullable lol? Just because someone calls their self a 'professional', doesnt mean they are not full of sh!t. In other words, I dont believe someone is measuring mountains annually by the millimeter..

My theory makes much more sense, then those numbers, and ridiculous esitmates in years (150,000 years ago).

It's called "isostatic rebound" - thousands of square miles of ground were pushed thousand of feet down by the shear weight of glaciers from the last ice age.

The land is still rebounding from the enormous weight of the ice (isostatic rebound), "growing out of the sea" with several mm a year, especially the eastern part of the country and the inner part of the long fjords, where the ice cover was thickest. This is a slow process, and for thousands of years following the end of the ice age, the sea covered substantial areas of what is today dry land. The sea reached what is today an elevation of 221 m in Oslo (Aker), 25 m in Stavanger, 5 m near Stad, 180 m in Trondheim, 50 m in Tromsø and 75 m in Kirkenes. This old seabed is now among the best agricultural land in the country.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...
GR_Paulson2007_Rate_of_Lithospheric_Uplift_due_to_PGR.png
edit on 1-10-2013 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

covertpanther

Actually it is done by Satellite imaging, comparing previous year(s). There is not someone using a meter stick measuring in millimeters...LOL

Ground lift can also be detected with a combination of satellites and ground sensors, such a that which is recorded at Yellowstone National Park.

Cheers,

Bruce

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I don't see a nine all i can see is the big six

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The nine looks a little off and the others are interesting as well. Maybe some type of animal that is "undiscovered" or something else.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Hmm... i was wondering how deep the trench is. If its not that deep them id put it down to fishermen trawling the bottom. If it is deep, and wide like a hill, then i dont know. Perhaps its an ancient site. There have been many cases of ancient sites found under the sea. Not too long ago a "woodhenge" was discoverd on the sea flats in the UK. And guess what! museum conservationists in their wise decision to "protect" it, decided to go at it with chain saws!!! no wonder the druids were protesting about that.

Anyway: fishermen or ancient site is my guess

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join