It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange symbols found on the bottom of the Barents Sea

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

MerkabaMeditation
Norwegian sea floor mappers have recently discovered many strange symbols on the bottom of the Barents Sea. How about a 3300 feet long number nine apperantly dug 26 feet into the sea floor:

Or wheel tracks?

More pics here:
More pictures here

Translated Norwegian article.

Man-made, natural, or something else, who knows?

Explore the Barents Sea bottom youself here and see if you can fins something interesting too.

Or it's a number 6 and there's 2 more further along.

At 26 feet deep I suppose that rules out any sea life burrowing into the sea floor?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The holes make it look like a digestive biscuit

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Looks like it was stamped by something that shape, by the way the inside edges have vertical grooves. What's this sea bed made of?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

who or what was steering the iceberg, im sorry i cant see an iceberg decide to go straight for how ever long that part is then decide to take a left turn and then stop right where it meets up with the line again.

it could be a magma tunnel and erosion has taken the top layer off but IDK

as for the others ???????????? no idea

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

The 9 appears to me to be a cable or cut anchor that landed on a soft silt like sea bottom. You can even see part of what appears to be a cable or line at top right.
If a big heavy cable was dropped from the surface it could easily land like this and create this shape.

edit on 27-9-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I like the idea of a laser test. But then wouldn't that throw up alot of earth etc.? I don't buy the iceberg theory one little bit. Honestly..how stupid do they think we are?

Not a 6 either imo. Definitely 9.

Very very interesting.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

WormwoodSquirm

The 9 appears to me to be a cable or cut anchor that landed on a soft silt like sea bottom. You can even see part of what appears to be a cable or line at top right.
If a big heavy cable was dropped from the surface it could easily land like this and create this shape.

That's what I thought as well but upon closer inspection that doesn't look like an orange cable
It definitely looks like something landed or dropped to make the imprint or stamping
edit on 27-9-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

MerkabaMeditation
reply to post by smurfy

Nature do sometimes make straight lines and even geometric symbols, but it's rare, and here you have lots of straight lines and symbols a 1000 feet beneath the sea made by trenshes dug 26 feet into the sea floor. I could believe one or two straight lines was made by nature by an iceberg or glacier, but here there are dosens-or even hundreds of them in a relativly small area - so to me the whole "glaciers or icebergs dug them" makes no sense what-so-ever.

-MM

Nature sure does, and as we have seen elsewhere on the sea-bed, fish can make perfect circles in a courtship display, (at least that's what scientists THINK, they are doing) peer reviews notwithstanding..that is if any scientist concerned is doing a paper.
Back to the icebergs, they are subject to tides and swells, and the strength of the tides according to lunar influence, so if they touch bottom, you can expect all sorts of visual effects. That doesn't require a brain surgeon, or a fecking 'peer review' to work out, as someone is demanding.
It's called freedom of expression.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Strange, Remember that during the last Ice age, sea levels were about 150meters or around 500 feet lower and maybe more or certain places that could have formed land locked areas, so it is plausible to have access to these areas.

Personally though I believe this to be nothing more than very intersting natural occurance. Maybe a certain area that had either very weird water currents for the #9, and im not sure about the straight lines thats got me stumped. Good find OP

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

What did Tesla say about the number "9"?

"If you only knew the significance of the 3, 6, and 9, then you would have a key to the universe." - Tesla

Raises some interesting questions, I think.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This is both a combination of strange and cool,
I think the sea floor is a good place for a lot of stuff to be hidden for instance bases and different type of systems.

If someone got any interesting sea floor mapping I would be glad if you share it

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

In spite of what I just said, it could be caused by a cable of some sort.

However, I've never heard anything about a anchor shaped like that. If you have seen one, could you maybe put up a picture of one of a similar shape?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Thats a great idea and certainly plausible.

What a find.

If only we could drain the seas for a few weeks to snap and survey the wonders hidden at depths we can fathom

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by southofheaven

I've never seen a 3000 foot anchor either. What I meant was a line attached to the anchor. Also perhaps a big fibre optic severed. It's definitely a cable of some kind that formed that impression and not ancient mermaid artists.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This is the type of stuff I like to see! So weird.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

WormwoodSquirm

The 9 is at 853 feet below the sea level, a quick Google shows that the longest anchors are about 300 feet long - and even if you had a 853+ feet chain attached to an anchor, the grove is still 26 feet deep and 197 feet wide. No anchor I've ever heard of is that large, but I'm no expert on anchors though... If it's a cable then that would be about 2500 feet long, and be 197 feet thick - no cable I've heard of has that kind of size to it...
edit on 27-9-2013 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

violet

Or it's a number 6 and there's 2 more further along.

At 26 feet deep I suppose that rules out any sea life burrowing into the sea floor?

We don't really know a lot about what goes on at those depths, apparently we know more about the surface of the moon than the deep seas. If it is traces of some kind of aquatic life then it's probably unknown to science as of yet. perhaps it's some kind of whale that makes these things, or even a smaller animal could do it (remember those giant tube-like structures made by ants in Africa) if they were plentiful enough.
edit on 27-9-2013 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Didn't Bucky balls give you a clue, the geodesic dome?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
What's the obsession with the number 9? It could be the letter b.

People see what they want to see. I see a "b" shaped natural formation which could have been caused by myriad natural processes.

Regards

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

paraphi
What's the obsession with the number 9? It could be the letter b.

People see what they want to see. I see a "b" shaped natural formation which could have been caused by myriad natural processes.

Regards

So what you are saying that mnms' are wnws'?

Mind=blown

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join