It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange symbols found on the bottom of the Barents Sea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Norwegian sea floor mappers have recently discovered many strange symbols on the bottom of the Barents Sea. How about a 3300 feet long number nine apperantly dug 26 feet into the sea floor:

Or wheel tracks?

More pics here:
More pictures here

Translated Norwegian article.

Man-made, natural, or something else, who knows?

Explore the Barents Sea bottom youself here and see if you can fins something interesting too.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Its the Nazca sea lines!
LoL

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The "9" looks weird and out of place. The others seem to be an ancient riverbed IMO. That was one heck of a worm that did the "9" though?..... If natural it really is kinda weird and I cannot explain the processes that occurred in the formation. S&F for your time...Interesting .

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

Thats tripping me out, great find keep up the good work!

im going to look into this

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

727Sky
The "9" looks weird and out of place. The others seem to be an ancient riverbed IMO. That was one heck of a worm that did the "9" though?..... If natural it really is kinda weird and I cannot explain the processes that occurred in the formation. S&F for your time...Interesting .

Yeah, glaciers is the "official" explanation - but their just guessing. What struck me about the second image is if thats an ancient river bed then how come it's at 1000 feet below the sea now, and can nature make such parallel and straight tracks when carving a river, or could a glacier done it? Also, see the other straight lines that strikes the "wheel marks" at 90 degrees and then stops there? Then, a third straight line comes in a 45 degrees and crosses exactly where the wheel marks and the 90 degree straight line intersects... Weird!

edit on 26-9-2013 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

John Lennon prophesied this!

"number 9...number 9"

Very odd indeed, seems very straight and circular for a glacier to cut and 3300 feet long!
edit on 26-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well it does say, 'Iceberg ploughing mark' for the number nine, so perhaps 'ploughing mark' means a known feature of Icebergs on the seabed in those waters. That could also explain all the linear features as Icebergs doing draggies. Not so sure about the 'pockmarks' though, other than collapse holes into old ploughing marks, but then they are all over the place.
I wonder if this is a newly observed phenomena or what.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Nature do sometimes make straight lines and even geometric symbols, but it's rare, and here you have lots of straight lines and symbols a 1000 feet beneath the sea made by trenshes dug 26 feet into the sea floor. I could believe one or two straight lines was made by nature by an iceberg or glacier, but here there are dosens-or even hundreds of them in a relativly small area - so to me the whole "glaciers or icebergs dug them" makes no sense what-so-ever.

-MM

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

727Sky
That was one heck of a worm that did the "9" though?.....

Maybe that's what a "Leviathan" is.

Nice find, OP.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Icebergs possibly? Most of them look like they could have been gouged by icebergs but the nine is kind of unique. The nine could have been made by an iceberg though, it could have been bobbing around that way.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Very awesome! Great find S&F

Those grooves are very odd indeed, I would imagine they are created in a natural fashion by some means. But hey, goes to show us how little we still know about our existence and all the happenings surrounding it.

Iceberg plow marks do appear to be the most logical answer but who knows, it may be something else.

One thought that popped in my head was perhaps those are actually fault lines or other cracks formed under the sand and sediment. The sand collapses into the cracks, creating the formations. Just a guess.

Again, very cool find, thanks for posting!

edit on 9/26/2013 by mcx1942 because: typo

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Similar to the tracks on the island of malta.

I wonder if the "9" is from them playing with big lasers?

26 feet deep is about the capability....

Need to find the 1-8 out there!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
Need to find the 1-8 out there!

You can use the online Baltics Sea map explorer to find those other numbers if they exist, or perhaps Earth is the 9-ball and the other planets are the rest of God's billiard balls?

edit on 26-9-2013 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
interesting find that 26 foot deep is some going and no rubble to the sides it goes to show how much the sea has risen over thousands of years and we are just figuring it out we know more about the moon than the seabed

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Maybe "9" is an important number to the "artist"

Begin @ the 3-minute mark

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Sources? Peer review? Real bottom of the ocean photographs? I say the whole thing is fake and no one is denying ignorance. Not a question nor a peep. Sheeple much?
edit on 27-9-2013 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

ok wheel tracks, two points on the bottom of an ice berg. the 9, the way it was floating, made it float (and etch) in the shape of a 9. All the marks, maybe the same ice berg floating around and bobbing around in rough seas making lots of random marks.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

StoutBroux
Sources? Peer review? Real bottom of the ocean photographs? I say the whole thing is fake and no one is denying ignorance. Not a question nor a peep. Sheeple much?
edit on 27-9-2013 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

I thought my alternate theory was actually pretty good.

Scroll up a couple posts to see.

edit on 9/27/2013 by mcx1942 because: add quote

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Why is it automatically a number 9? Why can't it be a 6? Who says which way is up?

I really, really, wish we could see the ocean floors everywhere. I bet minds would be blown for sure! Thanks for sharing. It certainly is an imagination grabber either way.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

AbleEndangered

I wonder if the "9" is from them playing with big lasers?

26 feet deep is about the capability....

That's cool, didn't know that!
I figured it was Earth's inspection sticker- "Inspected by Alien God #9"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join