India among NSA’s favorite surveillance targets, latest Snowden disclosure reveals

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Greenwald and co-author Shobhan Saxena noted that the NSA collected “billions of pieces of information…in just 30 days” from Indian telephone and internet networks. India was the NSA’s fifth likeliest surveillance target in the world, according to the new report.

India among NSA’s favorite surveillance targets, latest Snowden disclosure reveals

The NSA continues to push boundaries and stress relations. What do you think there gathering such massive amounts of information? It's another thing wrong

edit on 26-9-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)
edit on 9/27/2013 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Different countries can just build closed-loop individual internet grids that are closed to the rest of the world.

For example, right now, you can pretty much download a large portion of "Today's Internet." Then open and browse on a computer that is not connected to any networks. All of Wikipedia, ATS, Reddit, Ebay, Etc can be download and used elsewhere. Only problem is, that it would be time stamped and no live updates

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

So what precisely makes this news? The net is a globe spanning data construct, and the NSA harvest data from all of it. That's been the understanding of the PRISM and ECHELON situation from the beginning of it's being made public knowledge. The fact that India is not immune to the probing of it's many fold tendrils is not a shock in the least.

I would have been more surprised to find that there are exceptions, nations whose citizens, police agencies, intelligence networks, and leaders are NOT under surveillance by this system. It doesn't matter wether we are talking about Afghanistan or Zambia, paupers or presidents, all are under the gaze of the all seeing eye. It will be a source of great joy to me when someone gives it a good poking.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

hknudzkknexnt

The NSA continues to push boundaries and stress relations. What do you think there gathering such massive amounts of information?

i for one don't know , but just now after reading this question i remembered something we all heard of for a long time , does the web-bot ring a bell to you ? maybe they are feeding the web-bot with all this information ?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Read up on what webbot actually does, it wouldn't and doesn't need this information to work.
edit on 9/27/2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I wonder if nsa has access to surveillance, which may not be
entirely of this world.
But I know such a surveillance does exist

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Angelic Resurrection
I wonder if nsa has access to surveillance, which may not be
entirely of this world.
But I know such a surveillance does exist

Ill take the bait... what do you mean?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Psykotik

Ill take the bait... what do you mean?

Like ET's or whatever evesdropping on thought processes
and causing inexplicable anomalies in something, you are
working on, would be one example

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

Any one who owns a computer is in the NSA interest, Time to switch to Linux.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I'm sorry, what?

Are you suggesting that Linux computers are for some reason immune to this wide net of privacy invasion?

new topics
top topics

join