It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says: "We're Now Only Five Days Away From Finishing The Job"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Oh Oh !!!

What does "Finishing The Job" mean ??

With dozens of delays and thousands of unanswered questions, and with Obama's reputation, we need to take a second look IMO.

Why do we get that strange icy numb feeling every time He speaks ?

Something ain't right.

What am I missing ?

PRESIDENT OBAMA:

So, the reason is reforming health care is going to help the economy over the long term. Not only will it help lower costs for businesses, not only will it help families, it will free up entrepreneurship in this country because if you've got a great idea for your own business, but you've never tried it because your spouse had a pre-existing condition and you didn't want to lose your employer-based coverage, you've got the ability now to get your own coverage.

That's security. That's freedom.

So, we're now only five days away from finishing the job. Five days.

Uh Huh...

Watch the video and pay very close attention to Obama's facial expressions !!!!!!

Obama: "We're Now Only Five Days Away From Finishing The Job"

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I have a feeling Obamacare will have its problems...however...

I also think it'll be like me with smart phones. For years I looked down my nose at the iPhone as an over glorified MP3 player. I swore I'd never get one. Then, I got one.

After a few years, if someone tried to take my iPhone away from me, I'd go Wolverine-berzerker style on them. I didn't know how handy and how much easier it's made things until I used it for a while.

We can only *hope* that all this doom and gloom about Obamacare turns out not to be true. I'm sure there will be some problems that will need to be immediately fixed, but change isn't always pleasurable.

Besides, if it sucks half as much as everyone on ATS claims, even the Democrats will have to concede and repeal it.

I don't think that the world is going to end, or that our country will fall apart. We'll just have to hold on tight and wait and see.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Oh dear God. Every time he says "freedom" I cringe. He has a very nasty habit of turning around and doing the precise opposite of what he says. It's extremely disconcerting.

War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength

So all I can think of is another round of freedom-crushing EOs—or something even worse. Whatever it is, I don't think we're likely to find it very . . . "liberating"....

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
After a few years, if someone tried to take my iPhone away from me, I'd go Wolverine-berzerker style on them. I didn't know how handy and how much easier it's made things until I used it for a while.

And that right there is exactly how someone is taken over.

Get a person used to and dependent upon something such that they would fight someone to keep it.

I'm really not trying to be jerk... but there are no gentle ways to tell people that they are volunteering to become dependent upon someone else.

Apologies if this doesn't seem to relate to the OP, but it does. And far beyond.

MystikMushroom
Besides, if it sucks half as much as everyone on ATS claims, even the Democrats will have to concede and repeal it.

Why would you believe anything of the sort? The Federal Reserve hasn't been repealed. Good systems for wealth transfer never die in this current system. They just morph.
edit on 26-9-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BardingTheBard

I'd venture to guess that only about 5-10% of the American people know much, if anything about the Federal Reserve. In comparison with maybe 20-40% of Americans know something if anything about Obamacare. When the Federal Reserve was enacted, news traveled much slower and people were not nearly as connected. More people back then just let the government do it's thing. We were a much more agrarian society.

Your comparison (while I understand where you are coming from) is like comparing apples to oranges. Different eras, and different public awareness.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Pretty sure that "Finish the Job" has the same meaning as "Stick a Fork in it"

In this case, America or at least how it once was about 40 years ago.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Fair enough. We've no choice but to wait and see!

I'm actually pretty sure it's one of those things that is intended to go wrong, so that the system that is *actually* desired can be implemented while everyone thanks them for "fixing it". Kinda like funding a rebellion so you can squash it while implementing unpopular policies you otherwise couldn't get through and will be difficult to get rid of after the "threat" is over.

/salute
edit on 26-9-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BardingTheBard

I think I agree with you. I think the "end goal" is a nationalized healthcare system like Canada. Americans just weren't ready to make that big of a leap yet.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

xuenchen
Oh Oh !!!

With dozens of delays and thousands of unanswered questions, and with Obama's reputation, we need to take a second look IMO.

Something ain't right.

What am I missing ?

PRESIDENT OBAMA:

So, the reason is reforming health care is going to help the economy over the long term. Not only will it help lower costs for businesses, not only will it help families, it will free up entrepreneurship in this country because if you've got a great idea for your own business, but you've never tried it because your spouse had a pre-existing condition and you didn't want to lose your employer-based coverage, you've got the ability now to get your own coverage.

Uh Huh...

Watch the video and pay very close attention to Obama's facial expressions !!!!!!

The President of the USA is a Sith Lord.
It's in the movie stupid

Who knows what this guy means anymore all his behavior indicates a high insanity level of delusion, and like all those good men before him who have served as leaders he will fail too.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Isn't 5 days away oct 1? That wretched date that keeps popping up, and the elusive date Janet napolitano referenced?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
I also think it'll be like me with smart phones. For years I looked down my nose at the iPhone as an over glorified MP3 player. I swore I'd never get one. Then, I got one.

I feel that way about those little green pieces of paper in my wallet I work so hard for that programs like Obamacare provide further excuses for those pricks in DC to steal from me and everyone else in Middle Class America.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

xuenchen
Oh Oh !!!

Something ain't right.

What am I missing ?

PRESIDENT OBAMA:

Uh Huh...

mm...... - why i had to remember the autistic son thread ?

and the 'Healthcare issue' just being used to convey the message ' but 5 more days ' '?

just pondering, Xu

-edit
didnt see your post , High, but only now
edit on 26-9-2013 by Lone12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Oh dear God. Every time he says "freedom" I cringe

Oh yeah that is some 'freedom'. Being forced to buy a CORPORATE PRODUCT.

First time it was INSURANCE for homes.

Then it was INSURANCES for Autos.

Now it is health INSURANCE.

They love making billions for corporations of the insurance kind, but the kicker is:

Private health insurance works by healthy people paying for years, often decades before they ever use it.

Obama care is that people who can't afford it, won't be paying for it, and everyone is using it.

A system designed to break the system.

A system they manipulated to make the cost of care to skyrocket so they can offer a 'solution'.

Rinse and repeat stupidity. Because they already said Obama care was step in the 'right direction' to a 'single payer'.

We have all seen what a wonderful job they have done with medicare, and medicaid. Now comes government gone wild with their dream almost in reach.

The have almost completely destroyed the private healthcare industry in this country.

So the only option left?

is almost here.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
To be honest I've been opposed to Obamacare on principle, I think it is inherently wrong for the government to force me to enter contract with a private entity or face a penalty. SCOTUS failed to do it's duty ( I personally believe in my gut that Chief Justice Roberts was likely blackmailed) and through some novel and convoluted legal reasoning turned a fine into a tax. Which IMHO usurps the Constitution in that all revenue bills should originate in the House of Representatives. But that's water under the bridge and further proof for any that need more that all three branches of the US Government are beyond hope of redemption in our current system.

That being said, I really don't trust either party enough to take their word for how Obamacare will affect me and those I care about so I started digging.

I have pretty decent insurance through my employer, and something strange happened this year. Our benefit year until this year ran from June 1st through May 31st of the following year. This year however, instead of the policy renewing for a full year it only runs through Dec 31st. We'll have a second open enrollment in the next month or so. I've had the sneaking suspicion that the new benefit year is Obamacare related, but our company purchased another company and merged operations and also went public this year, and concede that either of those events might cause a change in the benefit year. I kept last years health enrollment information and the same information for this seven month benefit year. I'm extremely interested to see the differences in cost both from last year as well as this seven month benefit year. The first thing I'm going to do is compare costs. I have a pretty good idea of yearly premium increases and I get a statement on what portion of my insurance my employer covers, so, if my employer contribution remains the same, any increase of premium beyond its average increase is what Obamacare will be responsible for.

So, still waiting on final info for how Obama care affects me, time to think about the spouse. My wife works, but my insurance is better, so we use my insurance for our family. I wasn't concerned about this changing, but with the news about UPS dropping coverage for spouses who have available coverage from their employer I'm kinda concerned about something like that happening to us. Either dropping her or forcing us to pay a penalty for not using her plan. We'll know soon enough I think.

As of right now, Obamacare's affect on those that live under my roof is mostly unknown, we'll have a little more clarity soon I hope, but my feeling is it is going to be neutral to slightly more expensive than things are now.

My mother in law has medicare, no affect there. My mom and step-dad fall under VA and CHAMPVA which meet minimum requirements to be considered coverage, little concerned about my mom and CHAMPVA, but that program had problems before Obamacare.

Next I got to thinking about my brother (single no kids mid thirties) and aunt (married early sixties), neither of whom have insurance currently. So, I went to healthcare.gov and started poking around. My brother has been back in school most of the year and has only worked part time most of the year. My aunt is a housewife whose husband is already on Medicare with no reportable income beyond Social Security. On the site I linked to earlier there is a link to a subsidy calculator from the Kaiser Family Foundation. So I ran the numbers for my brother and to be honest, with the subsidy, it's not that bad of a deal for him. He'll have better access to healthcare than he does now for a pretty decent cost, as long as providers accept the insurance he'll be able to purchase on the exchange. People in my aunt's circumstance are where we are going to see the most angst and horror stories from though. They live in a state that did not expand Medicaid and it looks like the subsidies only kick in at amounts over the Federal poverty level, as Medicaid will cover those under the poverty level (up to 138% Fed Poverty Level (FPL)in states that expanded). Depending on what their total income is, there are three possibilities: apply for medicaid (might be turned down due to Georgia not expanding Medicaid), if the income is right around the FPL then it will be a pretty damn affordable $320/ year for a Silver plan after subsidy, or worst case $7,068/year if she can't get medicaid and falls under the FPL in which case since they can't afford that much it will leave her in exactly the same position she is now only with a fine/tax to pay.

Now, the numbers I'm playing with are not final or official, I'm really interested to see what the plans are going to look like on the Federally managed exchange next Tuesday. More importantly, I'm interested in seeing what providers are actually going to take the insurance offered through the exchanges. It does someone little good to have insurance but have to drive 30-50miles to find a provider.

It seems like there are still tons of questions about the true affects of Obamacare will be on us immediately. I personally am not buying the hyperbole from either side right now. The GOP's Obamacare is TEOTWAKI is ringing hollow after looking into it, and the Democrat's "This is the greatest thing evah" isn't much better. What the plans look like with what they cover and who you can see will be pretty interesting come October 1st, and I'm going to reserve preliminary judgement until I see that, and final judgment until fully implemented. I vehemently disagree with the exemptions granted to certain companies, unions, and governments on principle.

My biggest concerns aren't as much as who and what will be covered as the affects on those low income people who don't qualify for Medicaid in states that didn't expand that program yet earn less than the FPL. I did the math on a 21 year old non-smoker who works 29.5 Hrs/week at minimum wage. ( $7.25*29.5*52=$11,121yr ) According to the calculator I posted earlier, in a state that did not expand Medicaid, such a person would not be eligible for any subsidy and would pay around $2400/yr for insurance. I would have rather paid the fine at that age and take my chances. Another big concern I have is the impact the 30 hr rule is going to affect hiring by medium to large employers.
edit on 26-9-2013 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Would you like cheese with this whine..Gawd the right sounds like a child kicking and screaming on the ground when it doesn't get it's way. The majority of Americans want this, otherwise he would not have been re-elected...but you feel like it is going to be the end of the world.

BECAUSE REPUBLICANS ARE A BUNCH OF DRAMA QUEENS...

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Probably means as much as
Mission Accomplished

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
The majority of Americans want this, otherwise he would not have been re-elected...

WRONG.

The majority of Americans dont want Obamacare.

PERIOD.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
$5K & $6K deductibles is not healthcare - it may be catastrophic coverage but it is not healthcare...call me on April 15, 2014 Tax Day when everyone gets a $500 fine from the IRS.

That should go well...

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I've got a great idea for a product, and have even created the business relationships necessary to produce it.

It is related to the climate and could potentially save the end user at least 3% in fuel costs and would help fight global warming issues. The problem is, it doesn't get along well with excessive CO2 producing systems, like catalytic converters and such, and other CO2 producing systems like members of Congress. They talk-talk-talk-talk and produce very little more than excess CO2, and a bit of methane after lunch.

Sequester the carbon- turn it into the pencil lead used to write useful things like budgets that must be adhered to.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join