It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kenya Attack: Briton Held At Nairobi Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Kenyan police are questioning a British passport holder stopped at Nairobi's international airport over the mall massacre, Sky News understands.

The man, who was heading for London, has been held for three days after he aroused suspicions at Jomo Kenyatta Airport because he had facial bruising.

Witnesses told how interrogators swooped after the man - wearing dark glasses - rushed to amend the display on his laptop upon arrest.

Kenya Attack: Briton Held At Nairobi Airport

No word yet of who this guy is or what his connection is to the Attacks but this is again another interesting chapter in the this terrorist attack again with a British connection.

What is also interesting to note is that the British High Council in Nairobi does not believe he was a "key player" in the attack.
edit on 26-9-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

This is the second attempt that i have seen to try and connect
british citizens to the attack.

The first one being the "white widow"

neither cases have any substantial proof that i have seen.

quite a push if you ask me.... so don't.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

the white widow is actually now wanted in connection with another crime in Kenya that took place in 2011 her flat mate at the time of the incident was in court yesterday in Kenya over the issue.

she does have some connections to Al-Shabaab and her role in the attack in Nairobi is unclear just now as despite lots of media speculation their has yet to be any confirmation regarding any role she may have played in the attack.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

the white widow is actually now wanted in connection with another crime in Kenya that took place in 2011 her flat mate at the time of the incident was in court yesterday in Kenya over the issue.

she does have some connections to Al-Shabaab and her role in the attack in Nairobi is unclear just now as despite lots of media speculation their has yet to be any confirmation regarding any role she may have played in the attack.

So basically what your saying is that as of now there is nothing to connect her in anyway to the attack other than people baselessly saying she may have somehow been connected to the attack, do I have that right?

Call me crazy but I just cant see a bunch of militant Jihadists having a white chick onboard as a comrade let alone some sort of leader

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Not exactly she is wanted for a genuine crime relating to terrorism offenses by the Kenyan authorities and is linked to Al-Shabaab but it does seem like the media went a bit over board when it came to speculating about her role in to attacks which is yet to be confirmed.

It is possible that she was connected to the attacks but so far no solid proof of this has been presented other than the fact that she is linked to Al-Shabaab.

Besides this is not about her but about some other Brit who has been arrested in connection with the attacks, or at least thats how it seems just now.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

No kidding. CBC says that the islamic militants are denying any
connection. lol. Obviously.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

OtherSideOfTheCoin

So basically what your saying is that as of now there is nothing to connect her in anyway to the attack other than people baselessly saying she may have somehow been connected to the attack, do I have that right?

Call me crazy but I just cant see a bunch of militant Jihadists having a white chick onboard as a comrade let alone some sort of leader

The white widow is the partner of one of the London 7/7 Bombers.

So she has connections to the terror cell. You cant be with someone and not know they are a terrorist.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

millitant jihadits are not all brown, black and male.

gotta stop that sort of thinking. there have been many cases of female suicide bombers. mothers sending their sons off with blessings to kill innocent people. and white people engaged in jihadist action.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

winofiend

gotta stop that sort of thinking. there have been many cases of female suicide bombers. mothers sending their sons off with blessings to kill innocent people. and white people engaged in jihadist action.

Well this particular group claims to not use Women for attacks

www.dnaindia.com...

An alleged commander in the Somali al-Shahab rebel group has denied reports that women are involved in the hostage standoff at the mall.Abu Omar said that Samantha Lewthwaite, the widow of one of the suicide bombers in the 2005 attacks on the London transport network, was not the masterminded behind the attack.Omar, who claimed he had been in contact with the Islamist attackers inside the Westgate shopping centre, also said the militants would not negotiate to end the attack.According to the Courier Mail, earlier, media reports had said that Lewthwaite was the prime suspect behind the Nairobi mall assault.Omar said that these were baseless rumours, as they did not hire women to carry out military attacks.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

MALBOSIA

winofiend

Well this particular group claims to not use Women for attacks

www.dnaindia.com...

An alleged commander in the Somali al-Shahab rebel group has denied reports that women are involved in the hostage standoff at the mall.Abu Omar said that Samantha Lewthwaite, the widow of one of the suicide bombers in the 2005 attacks on the London transport network, was not the masterminded behind the attack.Omar, who claimed he had been in contact with the Islamist attackers inside the Westgate shopping centre, also said the militants would not negotiate to end the attack.According to the Courier Mail, earlier, media reports had said that Lewthwaite was the prime suspect behind the Nairobi mall assault.Omar said that these were baseless rumours, as they did not hire women to carry out military attacks.

They also "claim" that an invisible man in the sky wants them to behead anyone who is not Islamic.

I would take what they say with a pinch of salt.

top topics

join