It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House delays ObamaCare enrollment for small businesses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
What's this ?

Another delay ?

It's getting old fast.

This one will affect small businesses and how and when they 'sign up'.

Who's stealing money this time I wonder ?

Is anyone seeing a 'pattern' here ?

The Obama administration is delaying ObamaCare enrollment for small businesses and Spanish speakers.

Small businesses will not be able to buy health insurance through new online marketplaces when they launch next week, the Health and Human Services Department said.

HHS said the new marketplaces for small businesses, known as SHOP exchanges, will open on Oct. 1 for employers to review their options. But employers won't be able to sign up online until November.

And that's not all....

The Spanish-language version of healthcare.gov, the federal portal for ObamaCare enrollment, also would not be able to process applications when it launches next week, according to The Associated Press.

But don't worry...... it is JAY-ustified !!

White House press secretary Jay Carney dismissed concerns over the small business delay, saying that "what is absolutely true is that on Oct. 1, everyone will be able to enroll one way or another."

Carney also noted that unlike with individual enrollees, who must register within the first six months, small businesses could buy into the exchanges at any time.

"The small business program is forever open," Carney said.

Carney said Spanish speakers will be available by telephone to walk enrollees through the registration process. He also said 70 percent of Hispanic Americans will be accessing the registration through the English language portal.

White House delays ObamaCare enrollment for small businesses

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I think I've gotten to the point with this monstrosity to just let it happen. I've seen enough evidence showing that it will fail epically and am just going to wait for that to happen. Once it does, hopefully it will wake some of these idiots in our nation up so that they can vote out some of the crooks in the white house.

Then again if all information I've read so far is wrong and it ends up being a success, then awesome. It's a win-win worldview.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Politics aside, I think we can all agree that this has become the biggest mess in the history of messes.

This has forced employers to rely on almost nothing but part time workers so that they can bypass these regulations and many of us have lost our health insurance as well.

I hope our elected rep's stop this once and for all. I refuse to pay the government or the corporate insurance companies just because this corporate welfare program says I have to.

edit on 26-9-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
I think I've gotten to the point with this monstrosity to just let it happen. I've seen enough evidence showing that it will fail epically and am just going to wait for that to happen.

Except that the Government forcing us all to buy policies from insurance companies, won't fail. The insurance companies will simply lobby (buy influence) more and more, the Government will grow and grow, and the low information masses will continue to stumble through life.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

Except that this bill is unaffordable. There is no way the government can afford to pay for this plan. Our debt is going to shoot through the roof so fast that our economy is probably going to implode on itself. If that doesn't happen, our population will quickly go bankrupt paying for the new tax..er..fees
and copays.

Sure the government swears up and down that this will ONLY add $1 trillion in debt over ten years, but if there is anything you can be sure of it is that the government is terrible at estimating costs over time. That $1 trillion is probably going to be at least 20 times higher and that is probably a conservative estimate.

I'm not sure were I got this feeling from, but I just have this feeling that Americans can't tighten their belts too much more. I feel like this bill is asking for a tightening of several notches while Americans may have 1 or 2 more left before they are unable to go any further.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Ok I have been on the fence about this whole ordeal but I received something today that made me think there may be way more than we are being told. I am Plant Manager at a small facility so I am the HR contact as well. That should lay the foundation to what follows.

I get a message from my Regional HR Mgr with 2 attachments saying that we have to present the attachments to all temps by next Wed not later. I read the attachments and it talks about what benefits we offer as a company for permanent employees and what they as temps "may" be entitled to. I asked the Regional HR Mgr if it was really supposed to go to temps as we don't offer temps insurance and why we would give this govt document to them since we didn't. His response was he had no idea (and he is over many different states so this can't be a state specific issue) and that he was really concerned about what this may mean about what's to come.

Now if he is worried and is over a region that spans half of the US and don't know that worries me. Could there be a part of the bill that includes mandatory insurance for temps? It would seem like a measure that the govt might employ to combat companies from hiring temps and keeping them just to keep the work comp costs with the temp agency and get out of paying for the benefits.

I don't know and let's debate because this will have serious implications for every employer out there if that is the case. The document mentioned many times about our companies insurance and what will be offered on the exchange. I don't know but if my Reg HR Mgr is confused about it as well it seems a little suspiscious.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by undertheraydar

really now.

Are your "temps" from a temp agency ?

And we really need to wonder why local management and national level management appears to be 'ignorant' on this whole PPACA issue.

Hmmm.

edit on Sep-27-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Yes they are from a legit temp agency. The wording in the document just seemed suspect, not only to me but my Reg HR Mgr as well. And no, if he don't know what this law will bring and he is getting last minute direction from our external legal counsel, I think there may be much that surprises us in the law. I hear NPR stories on it on a daily basis and learn something new with every story so It is hard to tell what will come of it good or bad.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

undertheraydar
reply to post by xuenchen

Yes they are from a legit temp agency. The wording in the document just seemed suspect, not only to me but my Reg HR Mgr as well. And no, if he don't know what this law will bring and he is getting last minute direction from our external legal counsel, I think there may be much that surprises us in the law. I hear NPR stories on it on a daily basis and learn something new with every story so It is hard to tell what will come of it good or bad.

Temps and leased workers fall under PPACA (IRS rule).

They are 'employees' of the agency.

If the agency has enough employees, then the agency must pay the insurance.

If the agency has less than the law and regulations require, then the worker must buy their own insurance.

Its Not Rocket Science !

top topics

join