It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameras capture eagle taking down deer in Russia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
its possible I reckon. Hungry eagle needs to feed hungry chicks. Yeh it could happen

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

harpy eagle one here for you

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Could these birds be in anyway resposnsible for some of the very young children missing in national parks ending up found over mountains many miles away? I was listening to a C2CAM broadcast with Geoge Knapp and David Paulides. I dismissed the thought yesterday but I am having second thoughts after seeing this.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Tsu322
Could these birds be in anyway resposnsible for some of the very young children missing in national parks ending up found over mountains many miles away? I was listening to a C2CAM broadcast with Geoge Knapp and David Paulides. I dismissed the thought yesterday but I am having second thoughts after seeing this.

you never know makes one think doesnt it maybe you should ask David Paulides this question in his ask me thread here ill see if i can find a link as its about bigfoot and someone mentions missing people/kids

link
www.abovetopsecret.com...

there you go
edit on 27/9/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Ah, poop. I just clicked the linf and his last post was his final post. Just typical.

Thank you for the link anyway, it was very thoughtful of you.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Tsu322

Ah, poop. I just clicked the linf and his last post was his final post. Just typical.

Thank you for the link anyway, it was very thoughtful of you.

try a u2u private message you never know he might like to give you an answer

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

When I was little, I watched an eagle pick up a kitten and fly away with it. They are pretty aggressive birds

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Here is another Eagle/deer story.

Enjoy.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

This summer I was staying at a place where there was a resident Eagle atop a tree nearby, went to check it out and under the tree there were feathers and bones everywhere, the wing of a seagull, and some of the bones, aside from a lot of smaller bird bones (didn't know they ate other birds) there was a large vertebrae and a large femur bone and well it just didn't "compute" how such large bones would be included within the Eagle's kill-zone/graveyard. It was then that I realized that Eagle's do take down larger animals.

edit on 27-9-2013 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Amazing creatures Birds of prey are. Looks like Putin on Obama's back. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Wow! What a humongous bird!!!! So powerful!

My favourite part was the drum n bass playing in the background. The Eagle ripping the giant sloth outta the tree was cool too.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If you can appreciate the strength of the Golden Eagle, dragging goats off a cliff, you will LOVE the fact that Mongolian hunters train them to HUNT WOLVES!

I didn't believe it until I saw the videos... enjoy!

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
GTD
edit on 29-9-2013 by Gordi The Drummer because: To add 2nd link

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Now perhaps some will believe the old tale's of Eagles snatching children and even women as well as livestock. Horrible but amazing and what a beautifull bird, I can only speculate as to weather this is a deviation from the animals normal behaviour as once learned this killing technique will be passed on to it's offspring and any other eagle's that see it as they are actually very clever hunters.

Sad end for a beautiful deer though as a wolf would possible have killed it quicker.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The Haast's eagle now extinct but was around within the last 700 years until human's whom it preyed upon hunted it down,
www.youtube.com...
Or is it extinct?.
www.youtube.com...
could the Haast's eagle have flown accross the pacific.
There are some plans to clone it.
Just to complement the excellent mongolian video's here is one were it attackes a child in the crowd watching.
www.youtube.com...
and let's not forget the largest eagle ever that may actually be the Thunderbird though it is beleived to have been extinct for up to 20 million years the Argentavis Magnificens.
www.youtube.com...

Not an eagle but good fun, a lion loses to a zebra.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Back in the 70's we had a huge discussion among ranchers and, well, shall we just call them "animal lovers", regarding the predation problems eagles presented to sheep and goat raisers here in West Texas. The eagles were everywhere, almost as thick as buzzards! No matter what type of photographic evidence was provided the opposing side would never believe the land and livestock owners that the eagles were taking that many goat kids and lambs - if any at all. And this was looong before CGI or Photoshop - "don't mind the pics, it never happened!" was the attitude we had to deal with. I remember walking through the pasture and seeing kid goat parts hanging from the tops of our liveoak trees after the eagles had finished their meals. Our turkey vultures don't do that. I don't know where the eagles went but we, thankfully, see only an occasional bird once or maybe twice a year now.

One has to remember that all birds are really just small dinosuars with fethers! They've evolved in their physical bodies, hunting and gathering techniques and, thankfully, have adapted their size to one that fits the present world but I do often wonder about the giant eagles that are sometimes reported from aviators in Alaska and Canada. A bird of that size could easily pick up and fly off with a deer or human child. The "dino-brain", however, is just as fierce, unrelenting and predacious as it ever was. One only has to watch a couple of our turkey vultures here in Texas head-and-heel a kid goat until it relents from exsanguination whereupon they pounce on its softer body parts long before it's dead. There is no mercy in that old reptilian brain!

All this being said, however, I have watched the Mexican Eagles in the pasture, as they watched me, and I do realize they are in their own way an extremely intelligent bird. I drove by a tree one was sitting in one time no more that thirty feet or so off the road and maybe twenty feet to the branch it sat on. I stopped and we both sat and stared at each other for a good five minutes or so until it flew off. A day or two later I was driving through the same pasture outside the trees and was surprised to see it, I've always assumed, flying along quite close pacing my truck for a hundred yards or so. For all the monetary loss we've experienced over the years from them they do present a fascinating wildlife study for us in the ag business.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

HAHaaa OOoHh WOWw! They are even more bad-ass then previously thought! Much respect for the giant raptor in the sky!!!!

reply to post by Ollie769

Yes, you can definitely see the dinosaur resemblance in these creatures. So cunning,so intelligent, and so vicious.
Amazing animals. Even crows and ravens. Very smart birds. They recognize you. They remember you as a friend or as a foe. Either way they remember.

edit on 3-10-2013 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join