It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South park do "NSA spying" and pointless tweets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Yes, South Park, the cruel cartoon comedy from Matt Stone and Trey Parker have tackled one of the biggest topics of recent months, again. To combat the NSA and government spying, Cartman goes undercover.

Just a public service announcement to South Park fans and conspiracy nuts alike. I hope it doesnt ruin a good 17 year run, but with everything they have done in the past this should be safe too.

EDIT: its GOOD, bizarre, twisty, crazy and as usual makes a strange sense in that classic south park way! Excellent episode!
edit on 26-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I can't wait to see the episode where Cartman sets up his own central bank and takes over the world.

That will be an *awesome* episode.
edit on 26-9-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The government isn't going to do anything about it if they did it would just raise more attention to the issue. Funny thing is allot of people watch South Park and forget that the things they make fun of are real issues. Which I'm sure to most sheep it will be the same with this episode ( I haven't seen it yet so I can't say much about it).

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It was a really good episode. Well balanced.

ETA .... SPOILER ALERT .... don't read if you dont' want to know what happened in the show -

It showed how stupid people can be by putting their personal info out there ...
(Facebook, Twitter, etc) - Cartman was running around town, talking on his cell phone loud, advertising all his personal info. Then he'd get mad when people overheard him. (lesson .. don't put personal crap all over social media)

It showed how stupid the NSA spying is because they are spying on the wrong people ...
Keeping track of families making phone calls back and forth to each other about mundane things.
(lesson .. waste of time and money in gov't spying on people that shouldn't be spied on)

As usual, Southpark nailed it.

edit on 9/26/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Empte

Oh i think you are quite right to be honest.

Getting important news out in any form is a good thing even if its to a demographic of people who like cartoons

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BardingTheBard

I"m anticipating a neighborhood watch program episode.
Southpark takes the big stuff in the news and puts a common sense spin on it all.
Zimmerman/Martin was all over the news ...
I'm sure they'll hit it.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Empte

I just watched it based on Biigs' recommendation and it's...uhh...weird, lol. The vibe I got from the episode was that the acceptance of government surveillance (among other things) was the equivalency of a cult, lol...

Was that the impression you got, Biigs? lol

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Well now that we have had a spoiler post i guess i will give my thoughts. Dont read on if you intend to watch it.

First the main topics:
1. The government spy's on most things you do if they want to.
2. Blind faith followers that believe everything they hear and dont question it, enjoy a blissful ignorance.
3. People whine about privacy while posting everything, even crap no one wants to know all over the place.

Overall i think the message was that the internet is now an everyday thing and spying is real.

We know agency's spy on what we do or say if they want to, but we didnt know to what level it could go till Mr Snowden (implied in episode with the comment about moving to Russia to avoid the fallout from being a whistle blower) - the main part being that as shocking as it is, we were pre desensitized to it and thus no one really minds to much as long as "something" is done, however little.

Lastly random facebook and twitter statuses and updates from famous people are no more interesting than anyone else.
edit on 26-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Yep, agree with that, too. Kind of like Cartman's very strong stance against it but committing the logical fallacy of using a twitter offshoot that translates his thoughts into tweets? I think it was showing the logical fallacy going on both sides though. I saw the cult of "believers" and the idiocy of Cartman as the two extremes.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Do you think the creators wanted to convey their acceptance or a reluctance to comply with the acceptance by others.

They can be very cryptic, Matt and Trey.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Yeah, they can be but I don't think it's so much as being intentionally cryptic but more of an extremist pragmatism if that makes sense, lol. Basically, they made observations of both benefit and harm, the fallacies that we engage in that contribute to it, and the lockstep of "the government protects us" as almost being cult like. Our little anti-surveillance Cartman even gets brought over into the cult after becoming defeatist. I don't think that the creators are necessarily happy with it but, when faced with people who don't seem to give a crap, they may feel like there's no point because nobody apparently seems to see it the way that they do.

That's what I got at least.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

FlyersFan
It showed how stupid people can be by putting their personal info out there ...
(Facebook, Twitter, etc)...

How funny was the parody of that toolbad Alec Baldwin? I loved that they did a *hitter account instead of Twitter, pointless s*** that you couldn't care about.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Going to watch it now sounds good

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
How can you live like this, dont you feel like you are being raped? you dont have access to public health, all your lives are being watched and you cant says anything that could make you a "terrorist" threat. Then your goverment makes up wars and send you to die for their interests that has nothing to do with yours, with such a rich country how can you all be so poor (in rights).I dk , if i where you i ll get the hell out of there before the military starts paraiding every night in your neighbourhoods.Sorry if it is a litlle harsh, but men , i feel sad when i think of this (i know there are tons of countrys with bigger problems but they dont have the resources like USA to solve them).

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rulerofchaos

Because I'm sure that where you are is a million times better....

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Actually it is...and it was not a competiotion, i m sorry if i offended you, i have no problem whatsoever with USA or its people, i just think you all should ask for your rights to be respected , it was just a fellow human being caring about all of you. Have a great day and i m sorry if this sounded to harsh.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

rulerofchaos
How can you live like this, dont you feel like you are being raped? you dont have access to public health, all your lives are being watched

Why would you think that having government run health care would be something to strive for?
The government screws everything up. Health care and health insurance is better left in the
private sector. It's sure to run better.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

rulerofchaos
...i just think you all should ask for your rights to be respected ...

And that is exactly what is occuring here now that it has been exposed.

new topics

top topics

join