It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Meteor Seen in 8 US States and 1 Canadian Prov. in DAYTIME! MI OH IL IN ONT KY MO IA TN B

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Or...more people are reporting their sightings to the AMS.

As the graph below illustrates, the number of reports filed with the AMS has been increasing over the last few years. The level of traffic on the site, the popularity of the site and improvements to the software are all contributing to more reports being filed. More people are able to find the site and more easily complete the report application. These factors contribute to an increase in witness reports being filed with the AMS.

amsmeteors.org...

More reports does not equal more meteors.

Obviously because more meteors are being witnessed, so people are going to the mainstream "outlets" to report it, more often. Doesn't take a genius like you to figure that one out, right Phage?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Monday night this week at 10:25 PM I was sky watching and saw a large meteor in the western sky heading northwest . It got brighter and almost reached the treeline and turned a bright green color and then flashed out. Later that night on Ground Zero I heard them talking about meteors being seen in Texas and Arkansas and they caused a stir. That's a cool radio program BTW if you like Coast to Coast AM.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

09/21/2013 alberta, Canada
onboard police camera recording

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathofall

Michigan reporting 8:38pm 9/27/2013 beautiful up-north area Meteor just flew over very cool!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

niburu is coming

doomsday is near

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Ok, a couple summers ago or so one screamed by here on a West to east trajectory and was low enough to the ground both my Wife and I heard it! Shhhwoooooossshhhhh.... was very low and fast. I thought it burned up as we watched it go like right over the Park across the street in front of our house, but found out it landed in West Indiana. Lit up the sky like high noon as it passed. There was a cop car dash cam footage and it looked like it could have been taken in the Park I mentioned, as the Cops like to congregate there and lolly gaggle. So Yah, these FireBalls cruise very low at times..... Syx.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ok, a couple summers ago or so one screamed by here on a West to east trajectory and was low enough to the ground both my Wife nd I heard it! Shhhwoooooossshhhhh.... was very low and fast. I thought it burned up as we watched it go like right over the Park across the street in front of our house, but found out it landed in West Indiana. Lit up the sky like high noon as it passed. There was a cop car dash cam footage and it looked like it could have been taken in the Park I mentioned, as the Cops like to congregate there and lolly gaggle. So Yah, they cruise very low at times. I gain nothing by Bull#ting You, so take my rendition as fact..... Syx.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Just saw a meteor pass by in the SE sky about an hour ago. I'm about 30 miles south of Cleveland.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
While I agree totally that the large increase in reported fireball sightings overall, are due mainly to increased technology both in instrumentation and sophisticated software/ web sites that record them....

Spectacular displays usually always make it to publishing. and there have been some really remarkable fireballs as of late. More-so than I ever remember. I have seen very few in my life (and yes, I am rather an old fart) but most of those have been in the past year.... That amazes me, especially when meteoritics and general astronomy are my favorite hobbies.

We are in a rather dirty part our galactic neighborhood, or in a part of our orbit we spend little time in, and/or there is a greater density of comet debris around.... Who really knows, Either way, this is a very cool time to be a sky observer. IMHO.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

My brother likely saw this, but it wasn't daytime. In Kentucky between 8 and 9 pm. He said it lit up the sky like daylight and lasted well over 2 seconds. At least three other eastern KY facebook friends saw it He said it scared him, he thought it was something else for a split second at first because of how long it lasted.

I saw a similar one last spring that I actually unconsciously braced for, moving away from windows. I've maybe seenfour or five like that in my life.
edit on 28-9-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
We had another one here in KY last night. That is 2 meteors in 2 days. That IS unusual.

It was a pretty good show last night. I missed it but heard about it when I got up this morning.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Seems the media is just now playing catch up as always- shocked it even made the news!

www.cleveland.com...

www.11alive.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join