It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Meteor Seen in 8 US States and 1 Canadian Prov. in DAYTIME! MI OH IL IN ONT KY MO IA TN B

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Breakinhlg news..
lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com...

This is getting odd ..a lot more to come?
I think many Atser live there..please update us..see your cctv or car camera street cctv etc..lot of people saw it..
edit on 26-9-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Thanks for the info

Ottawa (Ont.) here...Didn't see anything

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Dang it! I'm in Michigan and I was just outside, didn't see a thing. I always miss the good stuff!

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The amount of meteors coming into the atmosphere that are big, is unbelievable. I know that meteors that crash intot he atmosphere is already high, but something is going on here. Ive just never heard of so many sighting before

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Come on..please see your cctv or car camera or street cctv..
I wonder if i on my office..i will see online cctv camera..

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

We're probably just passing through a busier chunk of space, which means more are hitting us.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Thanks for posting Cheesy! I to wonder what to heck is going on.. www.abovetopsecret.com... was posted last week after your other thread about the meteorites over Japan.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Bummer it practically went right over my head and I missed it. Better than landing in my backyard at least.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Zaphod58

We're probably just passing through a busier chunk of space, which means more are hitting us.

how much busier do you think it will get? we talking small town rush hour or big city rush hour here?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Yeah, meteor activity is pretty high. It's been one week now I keep seeing them in the night. I live in Quebec, Canada BTW.

edit on 26-9-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Zaphod58

I wonder if it has something to do with ISON or Eros?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

There are a couple of showers going on right now, along with an increase in random meteors. My best guess, based on what I'm reading, small/medium city rush hour. I'm not an expert, and there are some on here that could give a better answer, but that's my best guess.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

swanne

Zaphod58

I wonder if it has something to do with ISON or Eros?

i have no idea either, but these folks have been keeping up with reports since 1911 and they show a grash depicting a very remarkable increase since 2005. to the extent of 5x as many have been recorded in 2012 verses 2005, i guess we really are entering into a much busier part of space eh.

amsmeteors.org...

p.s.
thanks Zaphod ^^^
edit on 26-9-2013 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

There's actually an annual shower that I just read about that appears to have something to do with a comet that has an extremely long time between passes. The last time it was seen was 1911.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think it just landed near me. I have a 2MB pic that I can't seem to upload. Can anyone help? I suck with computers.

I'm in Toronto, anyone else? Look up. There is a really weird trail.

EDIT - OK I've managed to resize it but now I get an ATS error message "You can not file Transfer".
edit on 26-9-2013 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I have started to wonder if these things are a warning of something bigger coming at us. I forgot what the word for it is, but they're like rocks that have broken off and preceded the main body.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Or...more people are reporting their sightings to the AMS.

As the graph below illustrates, the number of reports filed with the AMS has been increasing over the last few years. The level of traffic on the site, the popularity of the site and improvements to the software are all contributing to more reports being filed. More people are able to find the site and more easily complete the report application. These factors contribute to an increase in witness reports being filed with the AMS.

amsmeteors.org...

More reports does not equal more meteors.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Some sites I'm reading are saying that there IS an increase, some are just saying that it's an increase in reporting, so it's hard to tell.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

I have a 2MB pic that I can't seem to upload

open it up in Paint(or whatever you use to display on screen) and then do a screen capture [prtscn]... then paste it into a new Paint window... save as jpg... then it won't be 2 mb.
edit on 9.26.2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Phage

Or...more people are reporting their sightings to the AMS.

As the graph below illustrates, the number of reports filed with the AMS has been increasing over the last few years. The level of traffic on the site, the popularity of the site and improvements to the software are all contributing to more reports being filed. More people are able to find the site and more easily complete the report application. These factors contribute to an increase in witness reports being filed with the AMS.

amsmeteors.org...

More reports does not equal more meteors.

can meteorites be tracked by satellite? just curios as to why the gov doesn't keep up with these events\numbers? perhaps they do and i just don't know where to look, i dunno.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join