It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoagland pic...Mars Curiosity "Pump" Anomaly???? Not a Rock...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

DonVoigt
I'm sorry everyone but I have a different theory about things like that that are found on mars that everyone might not like, but back in the 70s there were many probes and satellites that were sent to mars for mapping and such that ended up mysteriously crashing into the planet because they didn't have real control over how these satellites orbited the planet so before everyone jumps the gun and says ancient civilization or ufos remember we have sent MANY satellites that crashed before they learned to drop a rover on the planet

Ummm.....apparently you have not read the entire thread as that has been said NUMEROUS times. I have said it myself as the most likely scenario but until it is stated by any official report it will be speculated on as it is here. The NASA pics show no other debris in them in the surrounding area so for this one piece to have dropped in the location it is in with nothing else around does seem odd and out of place.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Well geee maybe the other debris got buried by one of the many dust storms on mars genius , don't speak to me with a rotten attitude or I'll give you one back, oh and by the way , just how close should another piece of debris crashing from space be required to land near another piece of debris after impact 50 , 100, maybe 1000 yards, should science dictate that debris crashing from space fit in the same picture frame
edit on 27-9-2013 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

It's not really that symmetrical. The left and right side of each of the layers are bigger and smaller on each side, certainly something that could have occurred naturally.The whole thing is rough and textured like a rock. The shapes look just like eroded rock material.

There is the circular looking black dot that appears to be the opening of a tube, but it could very easily be a trick of the light and shadows. We would need to see more angles to be sure it's not an optical illusion, but nothing about his screams manufactured to me.

It looks very much like it could be a natural occurring piece of earth that has been weathered by time into an interesting shape. If you look at the surrounding rocks you can see similar erosion on them as well.

Also, why do you think it's a pump? A pump requires some sort of mechanism like a lever which there is none of. I will give you that there is an appearance of a tube, but that's not definite and not indicative of a pump, maybe a pipe, but not a pump.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

This looks to be a centrifugal water pump and yes there is water on Mars and a lot more than you think. I have seen a photo of a water tank on Mars taken by the Mars Pathfinder Sojourner Rover Mission NASA JPL. ^Y^

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

If we could see the other side of the pump we possibly would see an intake pipe looking fitting on the pump looking object. ^Y^

edit on 27-9-2013 by amari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

uncommitted

As for not emailing NASA, that is of course your choice, but it seems some people on here (not you personally perhaps) are quick to say they don't give answers when it seems the first step sometimes is to at least ask the question.

I emailed JPL. If they answer, I'll post it.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Looks like a rock or meteorite shaped through erosion.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Here's something found in a Mars photograph that is most definitely not a rock:

s16.postimg.org...

This is cropped out of the legit source here: marsrovers.nasa.gov...

Looks like a statue of a woman. Probably has already been posted on ATS at some point or another, but most definitely is not a rock.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
lets humour the mars conspiracy theorists and say that humanoid creatures did exist on Mars , then how do they survive the atmospheric conditions of the planet?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Urantia1111

Don't listen to these "rock" clowns. Other Side isn't going to explain why he insists this is a rock. He's not much for explanations. Mostly just declarations. His reasoning is: Mars is not now nor has it ever been inhabited, thus ALL objects there are, by definition, "rocks" lol. Check his post history in any forum and you'll see what he's up to here.

ETA forgot to mention, on topic, this is by far the most suspicious Mars anomaly I've seen. Looks like machinery to me.
edit on 26-9-2013 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

Why did you take it upon yourself to profile EVERY single person who sees nothing more than a rock, and lump us all in the same category?

I see nothing more than a rock with a cylinder shaped object inside the rock which could be part of the rock, or potentially something else.

There are MANY reasons why I believe it is a rock....and not one single of those reasons has anything to do with my belief in extraterrestrials and/or the possible history of biological lifeforms on Mars....

As someone as mentioned....if it weren't for the cylinder shaped object in the center....NOTHING at all in that picture would be out of the norm. I go out in nature a LOT (apparently unlike some of you folks) , and I see symetrical and weird shaped rocks ALL the time.

I see a rock too, I'm sorry. I'm also sorry that it seems like other people are upset at those who see a rock. It seems kind of unfair to get upset at someone for stating what they see.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

To me it looks like a rock,I don't see anything that suggests it is not. So far not a single picture of anything but rocks from all Mars pictures.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Whoah, now that's got my attention!

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Surely if on ATS people see something possible not a rock or something odd, you would think NASA would scoot over and have a closer look. Or did they ??. So many odd things on the surface, but not that I know of, any follow up pics.. If I'm wrong please show me.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
why is it the same color of all the other rocks?
the wind is allways blowing dust on it 24/7 to make it the same color as all the other rocks?
I mean if your trying to convince me its not rocks, shouldn't you offer something more than pattern or formation? Because last time I checked..as far as rocks are concerned; there isn't a predictable mass,weight,or geometric shape.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I wonder if Princess Leia lost her helmet over there?

No idea about it. That circle seems too perfect.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

That's the drive train out of my 79 Chevy truck. I dropped it out in the Nevada desert about 10 years ago. I was wondering where they were filming that mars trip at. I think now I will go and make a guest appearance...

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I'm totally with you on this one as far as this thing looking too symmetrical and the other features. My thing is what would leave debris like this scattered around? Engine parts mixed with giant lizard skeletons and Martian squirrels? Did we really just find a needle in a haystack?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by douggie60

"NASA would..." lol

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

so you're saying Mar's atmosphere has always been like it is today? thanks for the laugh

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

evictiongnostic

It's not really that symmetrical. The left and right side of each of the layers are bigger and smaller on each side, certainly something that could have occurred naturally.The whole thing is rough and textured like a rock. The shapes look just like eroded rock material.

There is the circular looking black dot that appears to be the opening of a tube, but it could very easily be a trick of the light and shadows. We would need to see more angles to be sure it's not an optical illusion, but nothing about his screams manufactured to me.

It looks very much like it could be a natural occurring piece of earth that has been weathered by time into an interesting shape. If you look at the surrounding rocks you can see similar erosion on them as well.

Also, why do you think it's a pump? A pump requires some sort of mechanism like a lever which there is none of. I will give you that there is an appearance of a tube, but that's not definite and not indicative of a pump, maybe a pipe, but not a pump.
how about this for asymmetrical? thepopulist.net...

You may be thinking of a hand pump media.liveauctiongroup.net...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join