It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoagland pic...Mars Curiosity "Pump" Anomaly???? Not a Rock...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

edit on 26-9-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Where did you find my Yo Yo?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

chiefsmom

windword
reply to post by chiefsmom

Okay, I found this:

windword
reply to post by Bigfoot73

reply to post by ArMaP

I found this picture, posted by Zorgon, www.abovetopsecret.com... (I miss Zorgon and still have him listed as a friend in my profile), but it doesn't have a link to the original.

You can clearly see the spring and burnt debris off to the right. And, there's something that looks a "t#rd."

Here's another one, but the picture I saw didn't have a covered backhoe in it. But you can see debris in the background.

edit on 2-2-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

Here's a linnk to the panarama image:

marsrover.nasa.gov...

First off, thank you! Your amazing!

Ok, this picture, and the panoramic view pic show me one thing. If the original OP pic is of something from the sky, it wouldn't necessarily have a mark under it, or impact crater, it could have bounced or something. I was hoping for something more with the coloring, or dusting on it, but maybe it wouldn't have any, if the parachute was photographed not long after it landed.

Doesn't mars have wind? So maybe by now the parachute would be covered?

Interesting anyway.
edit on 26-9-2013 by chiefsmom because: clarify

This is a pic of a different site from what I can tell. What I am wondering is if there is any location identifier on the OP pic and if there was indeed any debris near where the pic was taken....that or a crash site.

If it was taken near the pic referenced above then it is a very high probability it came from that crash but as far as I can tell the sites are not similar at all based on the surrounding landscape in the pics.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Zouler
it looks kinda rocky.. but it's also too simetric and it seems like there's some sort of a "pipe" there?

btw, thanks for posting it.
edit on 26-9-2013 by Zouler because: (no reason given)

yeah..the pipe coming from the center as well as the symmetry of the whole object is what has me baffled.

Still very open to this being a piece of failed Mars mission tech from Earth but need to find out if this pic was taken near any known wreckage sites. At this point it does not seem anyone can pinpoint the location though so not sure if it will ever be determined.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Great picture and worthy of review.

It seems to me that there may be a layer of red dust on top making it look rusty. Like others, being rusty should be impossible.

I cannot see this being from another satellite sent from earth. Mars is in the same order of size go earth and so the chances of this being say one of the half dozen or so satellites sent by russia is highly unlikely.

Great find

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Vasa Croe

chiefsmom

windword

Okay, I found this:

windword
reply to post by Bigfoot73

reply to post by ArMaP

I found this picture, posted by Zorgon, www.abovetopsecret.com... (I miss Zorgon and still have him listed as a friend in my profile), but it doesn't have a link to the original.

You can clearly see the spring and burnt debris off to the right. And, there's something that looks a "t#rd."

Here's another one, but the picture I saw didn't have a covered backhoe in it. But you can see debris in the background.

edit on 2-2-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

Here's a linnk to the panarama image:

marsrover.nasa.gov...

First off, thank you! Your amazing!

Ok, this picture, and the panoramic view pic show me one thing. If the original OP pic is of something from the sky, it wouldn't necessarily have a mark under it, or impact crater, it could have bounced or something. I was hoping for something more with the coloring, or dusting on it, but maybe it wouldn't have any, if the parachute was photographed not long after it landed.

Doesn't mars have wind? So maybe by now the parachute would be covered?

Interesting anyway.
edit on 26-9-2013 by chiefsmom because: clarify

This is a pic of a different site from what I can tell. What I am wondering is if there is any location identifier on the OP pic and if there was indeed any debris near where the pic was taken....that or a crash site.

If it was taken near the pic referenced above then it is a very high probability it came from that crash but as far as I can tell the sites are not similar at all based on the surrounding landscape in the pics.

See, I wasn't clear what I was comparing. Things make way more sense in my head! LOL

I wasn't thinking they were the same sight. I was just comparing a "crash" site, to a "crash" sight, to see any resembles in background like object being covered with dust (which didn't work out do to the parachute landing not to long before the pic was taken.) but also impact crater, or lack there of, just to see if the OP picture had similarities to other "crash" sites?
Did that make it any clearer?
(boy I hope they get the smiley's fixed soon!!!!!!)
edit on 26-9-2013 by chiefsmom because: sp

edit on 26-9-2013 by chiefsmom because: dangit

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Got it...thanks for the clarification. The pics I provided of the original NASA pics, there were two, don't show any other debris in the camera field. I would say that could happen had something broken up way above the surface and spread itself out on the way down though. I am no expert on anything like this so hopefully we can get some more eyes on this and figure out what it may be.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Now I made myself quite clear at the start that I think this is just a rock

if enough people look at enough martian rocks for a while they are going to end up finding something that looks like something.

But whats really getting me about this thread is that the OP stole (for want of a better phrase) this picture that was provided by another members in another thread (on the first page of said thread) saw it and then used it to create this thread. Now that thread (the one were this picture was originally submitted) has been shut down and this one stays up.

Even though i think this is just a rock it seems really unfair the the member who originally posted this picture.
edit on 26-9-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

if enough people look at enough martian rocks for a while they are going to end up finding something that looks like something.

But whats really getting me about this thread is that the OP stole (for want of a better phrase) this picture that was provided by another members in another thread (on the first page of said thread) saw it and then used it to create this thread. Now that thread (the one were this picture was originally submitted) has been shut down and this one stays up.

Even though i think this is just a rock it seems really unfair the the member who originally posted this picture.

I said in my opening post it was on another thread that was on a completely different subject. I did not steal it and that thread was not about this picture AT ALL.

The other thread was canned simply because the OP was not posting anything, asking for advertising hits and demanding a site copyright on his post. It had nothing to do with this thread at all...he posted a link to this pic from C2C which I looked at and determined it needed to have it's own thread outside of his other trolling for clicks/copyright demands thread.

And if you think it is just a rock then why do you care?

edit on 9/26/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

I thought the other post was closed for a T&C problem?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Meh i dont really care about it being shut down I personally thought the OP was full of it so it was probably a hoax and it deserved to get shut down

I just dont think its very courteous that the OP of that thread posted this picture first and then the author of this thread basically took it and ran with it to create his/her own thread on it.

I think most of us would be kind of annoyed if we posted something like this in one of our own threads and then somebody took it and created their own thread about it with out even bothering to say link to the original post or even giving a mention to the member who first posted the information.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Based on some pictures I was able to find of sample schematics of different landers, there is a possibility that this could be a labelled release experiment container from a downed prior Mars mission. It has the cylinder from the side of the object which fits a similar but not exact shape of some I could find Googling images of it.

Not sure but they are kind of similar....if you search you will see what I am talking about.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

If you take in to account that NASA just stated there is water on the surface which is somehow bound into the surface material along with a host of other molecular compounds and elements, I would say it is possible to have the dirt/sand/material get onto the item (maybe from impact if not from any wind) and start reacting with the item.
Travelling through space requirements may be different from "sitting on a planet with corrosive dust" requirements.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I wonder how big it is

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

haha.

Definately a rock, especially the round tube/pipe coming out the side of the hub.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Personally, I think it looks like the water pump of of a 1943 Maytag clothes washer. See the groove in the pulley on top for the belt to power it
reply to post by Aliensun

Ooh, like in the brave little toaster 2, when they go to mars and find the old appliances there plotting to destroy earth

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Have you checked the resolution of the original picture, the circular shape may well look symmetrical due to it's size in the image but if seen closer up or at a higher resolution the symmetry may be lost.

To many of these Mars/Moon pictures on here rely on POOR resolution to provide the illusion of the object being unnatural that and members being desperate to find evidence to back there beliefs.

I mean look at Richard Hoaxlands claim of glass tubes on Mars based on images like this.

Glass Tubes

Then when pictured in hi resolution you see what they really are.

When the picture below loads click on it for full size.

Hi Res Glass Tubes

Hoaxland does that all the time.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Tardacus
If it`s not a rock than it`s probably a part of one of the many mars explorers that crashed.

NASA isn`t the only ones that have sent explorers to mars,the russians sent a few but they all crashed I think NASA even sent one that crashed.
There isn`t much gravity up there so I think parts from crashed explorers could travel a long way before finally settling down on the martian surface.

The Mars Curse
Admittedly, Mars has drawn more space missions than the rest of the Solar System’s planets, but why have nearly two thirds of all Mars missions failed in some way?

NASA’s Mars Climate Orbiter crashed into the Red Planet in 1999 after an embarrassing measurement unit mix-up caused the satellite to enter the atmosphere too low. On Christmas 2003, the world waited for a signal from the UK Mars lander, Beagle 2, after it separated from ESA’s Mars Express. To this day, there’s been no word.

www.universetoday.com...

Missions to Mars
Past missions: Phobos-Grunt - Yinghuo-1 - Phoenix - Mars Exploration Rover Spirit - Mars Polar Lander - Nozomi - Mars Climate Orbiter - Mars Pathfinder & Sojourner - Mars 96 - Mars Global Surveyor - Mars Observer - Phobos 2 - Phobos 1 - Viking program - Mars 4, 5, 6, & 7 - Mars 2 & 3 - Mariner 9 - Kosmos 419 - Mariner 8 - Mars 1969a &b - Mariner 6 & 7 - Zond 2 - Mariner 4 - Mariner 3- Mars 1 - Korabl 11 & 13 - Korabl 4 & 5

www.planetary.org...

edit on 26-9-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

Here's a really good single page chart

Missions to Mars

Dozens have been aimed from anywhere from the moons to the satellite reconnaissance to the few that landed on the surface.

Every time a mission was launched, the delivery system would have ejected transit shells, heat and radiation shields, booster rocket stages, parachutes, payloads. It would be a surprise if they didn't find something.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I find myself posting "rock" on threads in this forum because it is useless to argue with people seeing what they want to see like rodents or boat propellers. That said I think this is very interesting and looks very out of place. Thank you to the OP

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
There is more than just the pipe shape in the middle, if you enlarge it, in the upper right there is what looks like a mounting flange with two holes.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join