It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoagland pic...Mars Curiosity "Pump" Anomaly???? Not a Rock...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This could already have a discussion on it but it just came up in another thread of a different, yet similar topic and I can't find this being discussed. If it is please point me to the thread.

Now that is actually the first picture I have seen posted that really does not resemble a rock.

Are there any explanations out there on this one?

Again, if a thread already exists then please point me to it and ignore this one.
edit on 9/26/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Looks like a broken bit of spaceship to me

You are spot on first thing on Mars I have seen that may not be a rock.
S&F

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Already being discussed on this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We dont need to threads about the same rock

and thats what it is

a rock

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I suggest everyone moves to this thread seeing the other on is an ad for a blog.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
Already being discussed on this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We dont need to threads about the same rock

and thats what it is

a rock

I know it has been brought up on that thread, but that thread is about some other "evidence" that guy is claiming to have.

Thanks for telling me it's a rock...not sure how you came to that conclusion as you have not given any explanation on that thread or this one.

I feel this pic deserves it's own thread.....not lumped into a thread with someone trying to goad people into clicking on a blog link about a moving object.

Like I said...I have read and seen plenty of the other threads on "objects" on Mars and would totally agree they are rocks...

This one, however, is way to symmetrically shaped with multiple features to just blow off as a rock to me.

Unlike all the other threads on "objects" this one also does not require any outlining in a photoshop type program in order to see it....it is pretty clear.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Here is a link to all the images from Art Bells show when this one came up....a couple other interesting ones in there but the one in the OP has the most merit to appearing not to be naturally formed in my opinion.

Anyone who says "rock" off the bat, please explain in detail.....just not seeing how this can be put into the same category as the other rocks I have seen on almost all the other threads about mars anomalies.

Images

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It is very strange, and would of said rock until I spotted the circular bit located closer to the bottom, Somewhat reminds me of a piece of coral. Like a sponge, or Tube coral.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
That is what is so strange to me....

It has what appears to be a couple sections to this object...a top, that looks like a small "hubcap", a middle with what appears to be a cylindrical tube protruding from it and a bottom and that all appear to be very symmetrical and almost "fitted" together so either all parts may rotate or possibly just the center or outer pieces.

Just seems WAY too "perfect" to have been formed naturally in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Could it be a part of a probe we sent years back?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Now I know what it reminds me of, The Emire Strikes Back, Probe during the first part of the movie.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

boymonkey74

Could it be a part of a probe we sent years back?

Suppose it could be? I am not familiar enough with Mars missions to have any clue if that could be the case. I would be further inclined to believe that this was from a previous mission than Mars having ever been inhabited.

Anyone else know if this could be part of any old mission? I can't find discussion on this thing anywhere.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
If it`s not a rock than it`s probably a part of one of the many mars explorers that crashed.

NASA isn`t the only ones that have sent explorers to mars,the russians sent a few but they all crashed I think NASA even sent one that crashed.
There isn`t much gravity up there so I think parts from crashed explorers could travel a long way before finally settling down on the martian surface.

The Mars Curse
Admittedly, Mars has drawn more space missions than the rest of the Solar System’s planets, but why have nearly two thirds of all Mars missions failed in some way?

NASA’s Mars Climate Orbiter crashed into the Red Planet in 1999 after an embarrassing measurement unit mix-up caused the satellite to enter the atmosphere too low. On Christmas 2003, the world waited for a signal from the UK Mars lander, Beagle 2, after it separated from ESA’s Mars Express. To this day, there’s been no word.

www.universetoday.com...

Missions to Mars
Past missions: Phobos-Grunt - Yinghuo-1 - Phoenix - Mars Exploration Rover Spirit - Mars Polar Lander - Nozomi - Mars Climate Orbiter - Mars Pathfinder & Sojourner - Mars 96 - Mars Global Surveyor - Mars Observer - Phobos 2 - Phobos 1 - Viking program - Mars 4, 5, 6, & 7 - Mars 2 & 3 - Mariner 9 - Kosmos 419 - Mariner 8 - Mars 1969a &b - Mariner 6 & 7 - Zond 2 - Mariner 4 - Mariner 3- Mars 1 - Korabl 11 & 13 - Korabl 4 & 5

www.planetary.org...

edit on 26-9-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Here is a bit enlarged version:

oh yeah...defo a rock

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Tardacus
If it`s not a rock than it`s probably a part of one of the many mars explorers that crashed.

NASA isn`t the only ones that have sent explorers to mars,the russians sent a few but they all crashed I think NASA even sent one that crashed.
There isn`t much gravity up there so I think parts from crashed explorers could travel a long way before finally settling down on the martian surface.

My question on that note would be could "corrosion" have done that much damage over a fairly short period of time to a part that was made for space travel? It appears very corroded.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

All this because of a circular shaped rock in the middle...Nice.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Nostrenominon

All what? Not just the cylindrical shape in the middle....this object has symmetry throughout from top to bottom, and it would appear to be very uniform in it's ratios as well.

Nothing about this looks like a rock to me.

Those that are saying rock, please explain other than saying "its a rock".

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
if that is a part of some probe...than it's not a rock...and everybody saying "it's a rock" just exposed themselves.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
If it's artificial, I'm going with Earth source too. Remember that expensive probe years back the US sent that ..umm...suffered a misadventure of math? Someone mixed up feet for meters wasn't it? So it became a screaming comet into....well..pieces I imagine. Small ones. All over that part of Mars. lol.....

That's just one of many little 'oops' moments in what has been a jinxed planet for missions to so far.

Mars and a mixed history

There are a couple in there it could be from. Mars still has enough atmosphere to deform things coming in, right? So who knows what it would look like after years..in who knows what condition a man made piece of debris would have started in?

it could be from terran technology. It seems pretty unlikely ONE alien or martian item would be sitting on the surface though ..when everything else (if there is an "everything else") ..is buried deep

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Vasa Croe

Nostrenominon

All what? Not just the cylindrical shape in the middle....this object has symmetry throughout from top to bottom, and it would appear to be very uniform in it's ratios as well.

Nothing about this looks like a rock to me.

Those that are saying rock, please explain other than saying "its a rock".

Well when you look at it, what else can you say about it except that, IT'S A ROCK?
If that little circular shape wasn't present in the middle, no one would be talking about this pic.

Here's a fun activity, go outside and look for rocks that seem symmetrical. It's not that hard. Esp since rocks formed from water erosion experience a stable water level for several years as it erodes equivalent amounts on each side. Who said all rocks have to look irregular or asymmetrical?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Perhaps the rock is volcanic in nature, and that circular shape is a gas bubble that burst while the rock was cooling.

Something like these, but with much more erosion of the surrounding rock:

edit on 9/26/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join