It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seems like I tend to always pay too much for everything. Drives me nuts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Seems like I tend to always pay too much for everything. Drives me nuts. I'll buy something then shortly after I'll realize I could have got the same thing at some other store or website for like half the money. Just seems to happen over and over again. I can't afford this. I have no income at the moment yet still I end up spending double more often than not. It's just so annoying.

Well I contacted them to cancel. I just can't afford these kinds of mistakes. I found the item at a different store near by so I'm just gonna go there and buy it.
edit on 26-9-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Well i can tell you the opposite is just as "consuming".

Ill spend 5 days researching a simple item to buy, this usually means i end up with the best and at best price, However an equal amount of time ill have wasted countless hours researching a purchase, only not to go through with it. And you know what they say

" Time is money "

Just my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

WiseThinker

Well i can tell you the opposite is just as "consuming".

Ill spend 5 days researching a simple item to buy, this usually means i end up with the best and at best price, However an equal amount of time ill have wasted countless hours researching a purchase, only not to go through with it. And you know what they say

" Time is money "

Just my 2 cents

Truer words were never spoken. I think it is a symptom of the failure to attribute proper value to effort as if there is always a correct choice that someone has made and declines to 'share' it with everyone else out of intellectual covetousness.

"To each his own" -unknown

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Don't feel alone because we all do, it is designed that way.

The item you found exactly the same for half the price was still featuring a price that was about 10 to 20 times it's actual worth.

We can and you can help as well to change our present system from the Capitalist Model favoring business and corporate interests OVER those of the people, to a system that benefits WE THE PEOPLE FIRST.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

you are absoluetly right.and to tell you the truth;no one will adopt this line of thinking because every human being always wants what another has,even by force.

edit on 26-9-2013 by dellmonty because: misspelling.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I wish I had the option... I'm paying too much for stuff but because the prices keep flying up like balloons at a birthday party. The little Cafe on my campus kicked prices up 40% a few weeks ago. 40% across the board. I'm a bit hungry most days now....and not because I'm that broke. Starving college student is figurative..not literal. lol.... I just won't stand for being screwed. Good for you to put your foot down and pay attention to say no for those looking to gouge.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Buying only what you need helps to keep costs down, impulse buying really accentuates this problem. I look at prices when I am out shopping of things I may need in the future, that way when I need them I know the cheapest place to get them. Some things at a store are cheaper but other things at that store are more expensive than at other stores. You have to pay attention.

I see many people driving ten miles each way to save a buck on something. With the cost of gas, it takes three bucks to get there and a half hour of extra travel time. You need to take all things into consideration when analyzing this. If you go ten miles then you may also buy things you don't need to justify your expense.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I am not well off at all, but I hate the internet for shopping. I only buy things on the internet, which cannot be purchased anywhere else, like my yearly metal festival ticket. Other than that, I like to see the item, have it in my hand, feel its weight, and examine its quality of manufacture before I decide to purchase something. When I have decided to buy, I like to hand over physical cash, not a bit of plastic, or a number.

I do not give a damn how much cheaper a thing is on the internet, I only buy goods from stores. It makes sure that physical shops remain in our high streets, which is good for the community because it means jobs in the area are more likely to remain in the area. Personally, I would never consider buying something online, just because it's cheaper, because that would be like stabbing the working man in the back, I just could not do it.

I have been in retail (first at a frozen food store, and nowadays as part of my duties in the locksmith shop I work in) for my entire working life, and I think the biggest threat to physical retail at the moment is internet shopping, no matter what products one happens to be selling. I refuse to support the enemy.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well I have to drive down to the store that has the deal on the item I was gonna buy, probably only save like 5 bucks. So I'm not sure what the advantage is now that I think about it. But they had the same item at the bulk barn for like probably less than half the money. lol

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Depending on the item you are looking for, you can find most anything at discount stores and dollar stores, yard sales and second hand stores. I have purchased fine china, real crystal glasses for a fraction of the original price as well as books, clothes, sometimes with the tags still on, collector items etc. One year I purchased a long wool coat that looked brand new for $8.00, can't beat that.

Someone had mentioned balloons. You can get the helium balloons for a dollar at the dollar store or a package of regular ones. Party decorations, favors, candy, etc all a buck.
edit on 26-9-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Ya I saved a bit anyway. Not much, but I got my item plus two others for just 8 bucks, as opposed to the 20 they were asking online for jsut 1 item. I kinda like that bulk barn. Just get a bunch of glass or plastic jars and just buy all bulk stuff.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I tend to price everything at the online store before going to the physical store. There are two grocery stores I shop at and when ever i go to one before the other, the same thing happens to me that happens to the OP. I am thinking about taking a notebook next time and writing down the prices of items I frequently buy for each store.

top topics

join