It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violence amoung children

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Iv'e noticed that kids are getting more and more aggresive and selfminded.

They sertanly picked up this behaviour from their parents.

If We want to make the world a better place then We have to watch our behaviour no matter how hard our lives are.

So are We able to change ourselfs in order for our children to make the world better?

Are We also strong enoth to reduce smoking and stop buying cigarets for the cigar manufacture to end?

Please post your opinion.
edit on 26-9-2013 by Dalarn because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2013 by Dalarn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalarn

Parents can't effectively discipline their kids or the state will get involved.

They grow up with the internet at broadband speeds with everything on demand.

Schools will rarely fail kids when they really deserve it. It'll mess up the school stats.

Even teaching religion to kids seems like a taboo.

I even hear that some kid sports teams don't keep score or have a trophied winner. All participants get a trophy..

Old people are shunned and not respected. I learned a lot about life from my grandmother.

It is easier for kids to bully other kids without seeing the result face to face thanks to the internet.

Believe they are being called the Me Me Me generation.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I think a lot of it has to routine, and just growing up differently then before.

A contributor to this would defiantly have to be food, the foods we feed people are that filled with preservatives that probably do take effect on the concentration level children have.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
This is a huge problem and one that has my heart broken. I have to walk through the park when I take my 3 year old daughter there as she is constantly assaulted if I am not there with her. She gets frightened by the other children as they tend to be completely abusive. They will hit, ignore, and climb over her as well as steal her things. It's heart breaking for me to see it start at such a young age, but there is no doubt in my mind that people poison their future starting with their own young.

I try to teach my little girl to be caring and gentle, but it is difficult to teach her empathy when she is practically being run off the playground by children who don't know any better (because they haven't been taught any better).

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalarn

Kids have always been agressive. Please provide a link to your research showing an increase is such behavior.
Thanks.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Jefferton
reply to post by Dalarn

Kids have always been agressive. Please provide a link to your research showing an increase is such behavior.
Thanks.

Persoanlly I blame the cyborgs.

As they evolve more and more technology they become less and less human.

Soon, it will be them and us. THEM AND US I TELL YOU.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Jefferton
reply to post by Dalarn

Thanks.

How do I link my mark I eyeballs? I see it, and we all read about it on a regular basis. If kids were hunting the elderly in little wolf packs to beat into the pavement when I was growing up, it was kept top secret and classified or something. I was one of those 'nice kids' running around to have seen it if it had been happening.

No.. Kids killing for pure sport and literally enjoyment is a fairly new thing...and it's life experience telling me that. No links available for what's in my head. Sorry.
(I wish there was...it'd make an interesting thread. lol)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
IMO the problem is we let them get away with it. "Kid will be kids". I think that is utter bull and an excuse to pass the buck. If a kid uses violence against another kid it should be an immediate warning factor. The child should be psychologically evaluated. In my experience such children come from very dysfunctional homes.

If the parents are causing or allowing their child to commit acts of violence they need to be held accountable and the child needs to get the proper treatment while its still a good time to intervene. Child records are sealed thus why its the best time to get them help and straighten out said family.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

My point is, you just think it's worse now. These things have been going on forever. If you actually did any research, you would see this.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Okay, hold the condescension... it doesn't work well in debate.

Now, please show me where in the 80's or the 70's, packs of 10-13 year old kids were frequently reported beating adults to death, with bare hands and feet, in broad daylight and in the open public?

Please....please do show us all where, in decades past, something like the Knock Out game, where beating total strangers on public streets was fun and the point, was common? Past decades would have seen very ugly things happen to the little punks. Now? People pretend not to see it, let alone actually DO anything like say something openly. It's pathetic and encourages more of it.

So does suggesting it's all normal, been happening forever...so no big deal. No.. It has NOT been happening forever and it's one hell of a big deal, actually.
edit on 26-9-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

When I was six, my mother and I were pelted with rocks and pebbles from the other side of the street when I was on my way to school. At the same school I was physically assaulted pretty regularly. By other kids, once kicked so hard in the nuts that my testes detached themselves from the inner lining of my scrotum. Luckily the tubes connecting them to the rest of my genital region remained intact, so once they had been rescued from my abdomen via some particularly painful surgery, I was fine.

Kids have been vicious little bastards ever since I can remember, and given that I remember saying my first words, that's an awful long time!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
You want to return to "morals"? Reduce population. Reduce lead. Deurbanize society.

It isn't hard to figure out.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I do the same thing..I have a 5 and 7 yo..I try to teach them to be compassionate and to NEVER judge people at a glance..but you are right the park is an abusive place..really anywhere where kids congregate..you have to keep more of an eye on them then with them being around adults. The kids are mean, snotty little brats (from the ones I have observed, not all)..their parents totally ignoring the situation with their heads stuck up in their devices..it's more important to bring a phone and text your friends than to have a little playtime with the kids: It really makes me mad..but I stay calm and just keep an eye out. They are little now and school is okay..my daughter says there are really..really bad kids in her class..but mainly discipline issues directed at the teacher not the other kids.

I don't know what Im going to do if in a few years we start to see issues student to student....but I think it's only going to get worse..and we live in a somewhat rural community??? I can't imagine what it is like in inner cities??
edit on 26-9-2013 by Neopan100 because: (no reason given)

on another note...I started working at a chain restaurant the other day and there were a few new hires..one of the girls moved here from Memphis last week..I ask her why she moved here to this little podunk town..and she said Memphis is out of control. She told me that in her neighborhood in the past few months a 10 year old stabbed his mother to death over a bike purchase. Another child 8 year old shot another kid around the corner of her house..I don't think I will be visiting Memphis anytime soon!
edit on 26-9-2013 by Neopan100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Kids went after each other when I was growing up too. Not near as much as now, and fist fights were actually pretty much the rule ...without guns or knives. It was starting to move into having to worry about a loser to a fight coming back to shoot you later but not so much at when I was a teen. Now? Hell... I wouldn't fight someone for precisely that reason. Win, lose or draw...it isn't over anyway. Either they'll call the law, or they'll sneak up and shoot you when you least expect it. ...or maybe a bunch with them right to your face.

What really is different though is the wolf pack mentality. (shhh) Don't tell anyone..but I was around gangs growing up. Kinda hard not to be in the area of Southern California I grew up in, so it's not an issue that's a shock to me for existing. Taking down full grown adults in broad daylight, like friggin little monsters in a bad hollywood movie, and killing them with bare hands? Now that IS ...NEW.

Kinda like someone down in Florida recently eating another man's face off....laughing while he did it, then finding the cop shooting him once in the chest downright hilarious...before the cop emptied the gun into him. The Causeway Cannibal as I believe I've seen that one referred to. It's not even JUST the kids then ...but the kids are more vicious and in dangerous numbers than I ever saw when I was one.

Life used to be worth at least $1.50 on the street....maybe even $2 in some places. Now it's pennies on the dollar if the kids even count that high.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I was tortured as a child by this violence you say is new. As was the generation before and the one before that. You have made your mind up that it is new. You are wrong. But I see even though you are given examples you are unwilling to see the truth. Enjoy your fantasy.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Im not saying its new,im trying to say that modern society is getting more advanced.
Even though its advancing,the behavior of children is staying on the same level as before.
To that you can blame the grownups and the older generation of kids witch they imitate.

Soo We are going in a endless circle.
See my point?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Hmmm... Well, as it happens, I did look up the official stats from the Department of Justice ...and you may not want to judge people so harshly all the time. It's simply not fair. The stats happen to show your side...to a rather odd extreme actually, having a very good point.

Juvie Crime Rates 1980 - 2010 by category / Charted

Actually, some of those show such dramatic drops, I wonder if reporting standards and degree of reporting by cities hadn't changed for some things. Any cops among the ATS members who want to chime in on those stats vs. your personal experience?

They seem...just too good to what it would seem to be out in the real world?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Hmmm... Well, as it happens, I did look up the official stats from the Department of Justice ...and you may not want to judge people so harshly all the time. It's simply not fair. The stats happen to show your side...to a rather odd extreme actually, having a very good point.

Juvie Crime Rates 1980 - 2010 by category / Charted

Actually, some of those show such dramatic drops, I wonder if reporting standards and degree of reporting by cities hadn't changed for some things. Any cops among the ATS members who want to chime in on those stats vs. your personal experience?

They seem...just too good to what it would seem to be out in the real world?

I am posting on the fly here....so i apologize for not giving up a link....

But it has been correlated that the introduction of environmental lead (from the industrialization of the globe, primarily in urban areas with loads of leaded gas in the first 80% of last century) could be the primary driving force of violent crime.

People got way, way crazy, and as the environmental lead declines, so does violent crime.

The maps overlayed are staggering.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
My parents always taught me to be compassionate, kind and respectful. Though I do not follow any one religion or path, I was raised catholic and for 5 years went to a catholic school. These nuns would not tolerate bullying on any level. If you so much as spoke badly about someone to another kid, the entire class would get a good long speech on compassion, honor, respect and love for your fellow man. All children were made to be safe and treated well by their fellow students at all times.

When I went to public school, it was shocking. Kids beating each other up, using knives, threatening and yelling at each other.They were like animals.

Being 55 and around for quite some time, I can honestly say that yes, things are indeed worse today. There are many variables in the reasons for this.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalarn

How about looking at these factors for starters:
Increased exposure to crime, violence, and sex at much earlier ages (tv, video games, radio)

Overmedication

Lack of parental supervision (more broken families, more families with both parents working, and even when the parents are around they are too busy with technotoys.)

Lack of disciplinary action (not just from parents, but from schools) -and when there is action taken, it is taken for the wrong reasons. When a child gets suspended for making a gun out of a pop tart, but a rapist is allowed back into school because of a "right to education", it sends a message.

Escalation-just like we see in normal crime, the need to do something bigger and badder than the last guy who uploaded it to youtube.

A society which has continuously moved toward materialistic rewards rather than spiritual (and by that, I am not simply implying Christianity, but any spirituality.) The whole idea that we are nothing but dust when we die implies enjoy it while you are alive at any cost because there is nothing after.

A general loss of morals in society-the kids are simply acting out what they see in the world around them. Theft, murder, cheating, lying, etc, have become acceptable means to any end.

Lack of truly positive role models- No more Joe Friday's, Andy Griffiths, or good ole boy scout Superman. Everyone has at least on severe character flaw, which is deemed acceptable. There's no longer any hero's to truly look up to and emulate.

I could probably come up with a few others, but those are a good start.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join