It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Prepared?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I don't have any inside info on how to survive. The Gurus seem to think "they do" with everything from metals to beans. Trying to take a non-myopic world view I would say in my experience there are many peoples who would survive their electric grid going down; No oil or gas, no electric, no money. They would survive due to their existing family and neighborhood barter systems.... there would be large groups who would complain but life would go on.
I have a question of my survival in the States not because of my skills to scrounge or make things but because of various groups of people possibly going rabid.

All one has to do is look at the present day headlines where a group (for no other reason than meanness) beats someone to a bloody pulp, laughing all the time. Take away any rule of law I doubt it would get better until the human animals are done away with. philadelphia.cbslocal.com...

The victim says as at least two of the teenagers pummeled her, the others cheered them on shouting, “come on, let’s get her.” At one point, the victim says, the gang tried to throw her under the wheels of a passing car, which swerved, narrowly missing her.

If I worry about anything it is about the destruction of the monetary system much more than any invasion or nuclear war. With 48 million in the states on some form of government subsistence.... if that stopped what would the few and then the many do?

An all out nuclear war would do away with most cities in the states.... probably all the large ones so the city mobs would have been dealt with and the few survivors would probably wish they had died upon the first warhead's impact..

I have to admit in a SHTF (nukes) I do not want to be in the states or any western country in NATO. For me it would be more of a positive survival situation if I were at the farm overseas in S.E. Asia. Even there, depending on the radiation, the long term survival might be problematic... At least I would die from something else other than starvation.

Hopefully most leaders with half a brain will never push the button to launch the missiles...

The religious fanatics will always have a reason to destroy those who do not acknowledge or bow down to their beliefs; so call that the fly in the ointment scenario... Luckily most that fall into that category do not have the industrial base for a full blown nuke war or IMO it would have already happened.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join