It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Insurance Premiums By 99% For Men, 62% For Women

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

I was reading an insurance agent forum last night. Wow , was I surprised. They were discussing a few lawsuits, I won't mention names but some health insurance providers word there contacts very tricky. Where as you think you would have paid and met your deductible on your health insurance plan. Not so to a few insurance companies. In the end your in bankruptcy owning thousands or maybe millions. What surprised me about this is that the insurance companies are also trying to sue the agents, because the agents are being sued by there clients , while the agent clients sue the insurance company as well, for misrepresentation of a written contact. Misrepresentation of contact is the number one reason why people go bankruptcy from medical expenses.

No wonder insurance rates are high. on that discussion it was mentioned if one good thing comes out of Obama care; is that it puts companies with very misleading plans out of business. It is Written Somewhere in that 2000 pages , a few agents said.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

And there are alternatives to Nason, aren't there?
Like a hospital?

Yes, simply clarifying "urgent" and "emergency" care and the differences between them. Most people reading this most likely don't know that.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
After looking at the Forbes rates and the rates I posted previously, .I think alot of states will see some hard time in about 3 years. In my state there is $300 extra added into property tax for people with no insurance, the state subs the rest with another program. The uninsured get almost full coverage already in my state. The hospital that collects it is getting 64 million at minimum for people uninsured. So why would people sign up for aca when they can go to the local hospital and get treated for free and have the state pay the rest from what host programs they have already?
I know they will have sign up sooner or later though aca.

Then there is the medicaid medicare that my state has and said they will add 170,000 more to the rolls. My state still has to come up with more than half a billion after federal subsidiary for medicare. All I can see is getting taxed way allot more in my state.

I do see people fleeing states like mine as well as companies,.they will be hard hit in 3 years when the federal government no longer pays the difference or the fed reserve stops printing money which ever comes first.

edit on 29-9-2013 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Hehe I love your humor.

In all honestly, I don't know. Maybe it is simply because they think men make more.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

mrsdudara
Fact is, its not going to work. Why is there not a bigger outrage? Many people are still in the dark, hoping this will just effect everyone else.

THE MOMENT this hits peoples pocket books and people are cut back on their hours because the companies CAN NOT afford to pay their way (note I did not say will not, most can not afford it) All hell is going to break loose. The fact that this is going to happen same time flu season hits will be a whole other kind of scary interesting time.

It is irritating though. Many of us screamed and shouted warnings and were insulted, called sore loosers, racists, fear mongers, etc. Well, here it comes.

The house is making one last ditch effort to keep it from happening, but the senate and the president have said it will one way or another. We will see.
Obama will just veto it and force it down our throats...!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

He is trying to force too many things down our throats right now. I think that is why we are in the position we are in. At this point I think the Republicans will be hung by the people if they back down.

Interesting times we are in.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join