It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Insurance Premiums By 99% For Men, 62% For Women

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

chiefsmom
reply to post by Elliot

Actually, you will be fined for not having some type of healthcare. As of 2014, your employer is suppose to the amount of money you pay for health insurance right on you W-2, so the IRS can keep track of who has insurance, and who does not.

Fun Fun huh?

I took it as if the poster mean't they were part time or not working at all. Yes if you have a full time job and the company employs 50 or more workers you must pay for insurance or be fined. If you are part time or not working as I said you would get Medicaid as usual and no healthcare at all.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but so far this is what I have come to learn. Companies with 50 or more workers are required to carry the government subsidized insurance. People who are part time or do not work are not required to buy the insurance, they however qualify for Medicaid.
edit on 26-9-2013 by Pimpintology because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Domo1
Am I reading some of these replies correctly? Pissed that sick people might be able to go to the doctor and you might have to wait an extra few days? That's low. I have rarely ever had an issue scheduling a doctors appointment within a few hours of my call, and more rarely ever had to wait a full day.

There are a lot of things to be mad about with Obamacare, but treating your neighbors and friends shouldn't be one of them.

I have to say that bothered me too.

Most here know I understand the scam that is Obama care, but I have been without health insurance most my life and have only seen a doctor a couple times in the last twenty or so years.

All my friends have Cadillac insurance plans, while I eat garlic to cure a cold THEY are the ones that run to the doctor for antibiotics the second they get a sniffle, for every little ache and pain.

Do I have health problems, yes some that have needed addressed for years now, but I do my best with alternative medicine.

I think it is a shame that in this country the poor cannot get health care, or there are homeless or hungry.

On Obama care, since I and my husband are stuck right in the middle. I don't know where we are going to find the money to pay for it.

He refuses anyway, so I am along for a long ride, and now I am afraid that eventually without it they will refuse to see you.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Well, yes, insurance companies and some of the largest employers have done a great deal to help run this system into the ground. After all, who can forget one of the centers of the entire US financial collapse was AIG. An Insurance company. Like so many other things, simly being profitable stopped being enough and more piled upon absurdly more profit per year became expected and demanded.

That's the largest employers though. People running their stores or small franchises aren't the evil bad guys here. They represent my neighbors and some friends, as it happens. They aren't crashing this system and the hours cut aren't by choice. Obamacare makes 29 hours a breakpoint for survival if your business otherwise falls into the mandate to supply care coverage.

Even my college was telling adjunct instructors last year to plan 2013/14 with the hours in mind or risk being let go. No choice, as they presented it ...and that's the story coming to be heard nation-wide. Hours are from the PPACA. Nothing else made 29 a magic number.

Obamacare and the 29-Hour Ceiling

Not much more to say when it's as clear as the law it's written right into.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Xtrozero

Domo1
Am I reading some of these replies correctly? Pissed that sick people might be able to go to the doctor and you might have to wait an extra few days? That's low. I have rarely ever had an issue scheduling a doctors appointment within a few hours of my call, and more rarely ever had to wait a full day.

There are a lot of things to be mad about with Obamacare, but treating your neighbors and friends shouldn't be one of them.

No...the sick poor person goes to the doctors and gets a $2000 bill in the mail...

I go to the doctor and pay 300% more than what I did before....

Those that work a full time job and just make ends meet get lowered to 29 hours per week as a part time job, but hey they got health insurance now who cares they got a 2k co payment...lol

I was told by a doctors credit department that the people on insurance pay a lot less than the ones that are self pay because the insurance companies haggle with the doctor, that has been a few years back now when I need surgery that I never got.

She told me where to go to work out a lower rate I gave up.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by blend57

WOW, that's horrible, so far none of my friends in the medical field are seeing any changes at all.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Pimpintology

Elliot
What happens to people that can't afford insurance?

edit on 26-9-2013 by Elliot because: (no reason given)

You get Medicaid just like you did before Obamacare. Which no one takes anyhow. So basically its like you're getting nothing. Obama did this for you though don't forget that! ;p

That's true in our town the only doctor that takes that are from the free clinic and now they went from 15 a visit to 60, in the beginning it was free if you couldn't afford it or five bucks of you worked.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Not trying to start trouble but why do men have to pay more then women for insurance?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Elliot
What happens to people that can't afford insurance?

If they don't pay their obamacare 'TAX' ??.... don't pay taxes, then go to jail.
But of course, all the inner city folks will default and not pay.
Then there will be a massive 'amnesty' for those who can't/won't pay.
And the middle class will end up picking up the cost for those who won't pay.

We can't pay, there isn't an extra 400 floating around or however much they want.

We are the ones that fall between the cracks.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

thesaneone
Not trying to start trouble but why do men have to pay more then women for insurance?

cause you poke things in your eyes?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

chiefsmom
reply to post by Tardacus

But, But, that person can get subsidies from the government to help pay for the mandatory insurance, so everything will be ok still!!!!

Where in the heck is the subsidy money coming from?

What a damn nightmare this whole thing is.

medicare

I was looking forward to that but it looks like that will be empty too

www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Tardacus
Who is going to treat all these newly insured people? wait time for doctor appointments is already long enough now we are going to dump 48 million newly insured people into the healthcare system.
48 million people who probably rarely or never went to a doctor because they couldn`t afford it will now have insurance and be running to the doctor every time they have a little ache or pain.

I've spent time with insurance, and I have spent time without insurance. In either case, there were many times when I really should have gone to the doctors but didn't because of affordablility. If they actually are dumb enough to follow through on obamacare, I expect to continue ingnoring the aches and pains for that reason.

Obamacare gave the insurance companies a hostage customer base, or so they think!! Of course the costs would skyrocket! the insurance companies have very little reason not to hike them up, it not like the high prices are gonna drive the customers away!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

They take more risks. Play rougher sports etc.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

I don't know about that as a reason, women go to the doctor more then men.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by stormdancer777

Stormdancer:

This part of the marketplace you might find useful if you cannot afford to pay an annual fee or insurance premiums: Here

There are a lot of exemptions there that may at least help you not have to pay the fine. I am not an insurance agent, so I don’t know much about this stuff, but it looks like there are loopholes that you can take if you really can’t afford to pay out any money.

Thanks,
Blend57

As for me, I think I'm stuck with the plan that is offered through my work. It says that if the plan offered through your employer meets the guidelines of the insurance act, you won't be eligible to use the marketplace.. Bleh...so confusing already.

This is exactly what is says:

Whether you qualify will depend on what kind of coverage your employer offers. If your job-based coverage is considered affordable and meets minimum value, you won't be able to get lower costs on premiums or out-of-pocket costs in the Marketplace. This is true no matter what your income and family size are.

I can still qualify to use the marketplace, but I probably won't get any lower premiums or out of pocket expenses. Just wanted to make sure I was being clear.

edit on 26-9-2013 by blend57 because: Inserted outside quote.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

the company my hubby works for has a total of three employees so his employer is not obligated to provide insurance. I do not work, but am pretty sure that I do not qualify for medicaid.
I've often read on these boards where the moms should be home raising the kids, but stay at home moms don't have employers pitching in and helping with the cost and not all employers offer to pitch in and help with the spouse's insurance. and it's quite possible that they will not qualify for any help from the gov't.
Add to that just how many have lost good paying jobs since this law was passed or have been downgraded to part time hours and let's not forget the only god knows how many waivers and delays that have been given to the providers, insurers, and companies....
well, me thinks they need to scrap the whole thing and start over. Especially since the whole thing has just started and they're already short a ton of money. Just vanished into a black hole I suppose!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

ManFromEurope
Could someone post some actual numbers about his/her own job? Or about the job of anyone else?

here's the best i can offer....
yeah, even that OP' provided Forbes' article did not tell me what up 30% was...i wanted a policy cost to judge and to calibrate just what percentage of my income was going to be hijacked for a mandated healthcare policy

i cannot recover the article i read 24 hours ago... it is expected that the average healthcare coverage for 0bamacare will be around $358.00 per month
for the 'blue-plate' , run-of-the-mill, no fancy stuff kind of ""minimal essential coverage""

now, that's IF all the factors are mingled with the haphazard Obamacare 'Marketplace' which is not going to be up-&-running by the January 2014 mandate starting point.
the healthcare 'Marketplaces' where one goes to buy one of the approved health-coverage policies migh no ne ready because of the delays & exemptions by the governments favored businesses or economic sectors..so the presently diseased coverage has not been factored into the rtes as yet...

here's a catch however.....
according to VA Health Care, which i receive, in lieu of the required Affordable Care Act(0bamacare) there will be penalties that you are expected to pay along with your tax returns in April 2014:

* $95 or 1% of your taxable income in 2014
* $325 or 2% of taxable income in 2015
* $695 or 2.5% of taxable income in 2016

you are going to pay these (penalties) Taxes if you have access to coverage but remain un-insured.
how is it that overpriced/erroneous premium ammounts which are not configured with all 0bamacare portions of the healthcare act being in force ~ would be considered 'minimum essential coverage' and lack of a policy will automatically cost you $95. the first year...
This appears to be a deliberate FUBAR with the 0bamacare penalty bringing in $95 dollar per person not covered by unprepared 'Marketplace' policies...it is a rookie class rip-off scheme to pad the government revenue stream [with Billions)
i recall the WH 0bama pledged 'NO new Taxes' promise to get the obamacare act passed in the first place

the bottom of the slick, glossy phamplet (IB 10-532 JUNE 2013)
reads for information on exemptions visit: www.healthcare.gov

edit on 26-9-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by blend57

thanks blend

Although I am at the mercy of my husbands decisions, and he is a rebel.
edit on 113030p://bThursday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

rookie class rip-off scheme to pad the government revenue stream

That's exactly what I thought

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

Yes he is, when trying to handle the middle class worker in a silver platter to the corrupted insurance companies to be their milking cows by law.

That is what Obamacrap is all about, no it was not what Obama was talking about when he started to introduce "healthcare for all" it got like that after the insurance companies lobbyist filled the pockets of the whores in congress and got away with writing the end product that is going to screw us all

Those are the facts, and the so call poor that Obama was trying to help will still be without help because they can not be mandated or taxes for no income, those serve no purpose on the Obamacrap scam.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join