It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Insurance Premiums By 99% For Men, 62% For Women

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The final numbers are not yet in but according to this article from Forbes, the reality is more than just astounding it is an outrage beyond reasoning.

Double Down: Obamacare Will Increase Avg. Individual-Market Insurance Premiums By 99% For Men, 62% For Women

Double Down!!! Did I read that right?

For months now, we’ve been waiting to hear how much Obamacare will drive up the cost of health insurance for people who purchase coverage on their own. Last night, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services finally began to provide some data on how Americans will fare on Obamacare’s federally-sponsored insurance exchanges. HHS’ press release is full of happy talk about how premiums will be “lower than originally expected.” But the reality is starkly different.

Based on a Manhattan Institute analysis of the HHS numbers, Obamacare will increase underlying insurance rates for younger men by an average of 97 to 99 percent, and for younger women by an average of 55 to 62 percent. Worst off is North Carolina, which will see individual-market rates triple for women, and quadruple for men.

27-year-olds will face rate increases as high as 279 percent

And Women

And for the next level :

Where is the outrage? How long will these criminals continue to destroy the American way of life? Do these numbers look like anything that resembles a positive future for healthcare or for the working class?

There is an interactive map on this link where you can check out some of the statistics for your part of the country, of course the numbers we have today are a far cry from what those same numbers will look like by 2016 and beyond. Why don't people simply put that money away and just pay cash when they go to the Doctor? If everyone did this it would change the face of healthcare and bypass the Governments criminal involvement.

forbes.com

edit on 25-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Sep 26 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed link

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Can you just imagine what this is going to do to healthcare costs? The insurance companies the the big pharma drug cartels will rule the roost. You cannot walk into a Dr.s office anymore without seeing waiting rooms full of the drug representatives, they of course walk right in a'as if they own the place'...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Last I checked, Missouri law still outlawed any state agency cooperation with the exchanges on any level. I haven't seen the Statehouse change that and as I recall, they kinda laughed when Nixon asked them to. We sure haven't voted on a change, which was the only other provision allowing exception as I recall what I voted on.

So I'm not sure where that leaves us in Missouri. The Roberts Super Court decision says they cannot alter to reduce medicare/medicaid benefits into our state as a result of our lack of cooperation with their scam ..but how that plays out now for real is what the big question has been I think.

We're all about to find out together what happens when push meets shove.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Who is going to treat all these newly insured people? wait time for doctor appointments is already long enough now we are going to dump 48 million newly insured people into the healthcare system.
48 million people who probably rarely or never went to a doctor because they couldn`t afford it will now have insurance and be running to the doctor every time they have a little ache or pain.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I hope they shut down the government and force Obama to whine like a caught crook. Between this and the outrageous flood insurance hike the insurance companies must be really loading the pockets of these crooks in D.C.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Sadly those 48 million newly insured would not be able to see a doctor until they meet their forced insurance co pays that can run in the thousands of dollars depending how big the co pays in the state they are living at are regulated and we all know how well the states do that.

Co pays can be run yearly by the insurance and the Obamacrap doesn't say anything about how to control that.

People will pay for ever their insurance premiums and when they get an emergency will still be screwed with the bills if their co pays have not been met yet.

Money talks and the whore politicians open their pockets while the people get screwed.

edit on 25-9-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
All the new people who pay for insurance will want to get their money's worth and go to the doctors for sniffles. I can see that the medical industry will start to hire more people and Pharma companies will be smiling ear to ear. If this is the solution of the government to fix the state of the economy, it is ridiculous. We need real jobs not jobs that profit by our illnesses. I suppose the government figures that if the medical field has more people to work with they may cut back on all the unnecessary tests they do. Ha,Ha.....How naive the government is. Soon everyone will either be working for the medical field or giving all of what they earned to the medical field through the use of insurance companies. I have to say, the healthcare bill did not create this, it just spreads the cost of healthcare out like a tax.

People do not understand, healthcare was getting so expensive that employers were choosing to hire people as subcontractors instead of employees and were replacing their company jobs with subcontracting firms that paid no benefits. The numbers of insured people have been dropping or their copay has been increasing along with decreasing coverage. Many people now have to pay a monthly premium copay for their coverage. This has nothing to do with Obama care. We have been heading in the wrong direction for ten years now.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

Really and people actually wonder who the powers that be are... FDA, CDC, all the rest they work for the big pharma who is in bed with the insurance conglomerates.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

We knew this was going to Happen, we tried to warn voters, but did you listen? Noooooo?
Obama was going to take care of you and house you and feed you and clothe you and educate you and give you jobs.
This is what you got:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Maybe we should start an Independent citizen based insurance cooperative... I.C.B.I.C.L.L.C.
edit on 25-9-2013 by antar because: llCLOL

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Hey, I was delegate to state and congressional for Ron Paul... and I hate politics... (admittedly ate chocolate through the whole thing...)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Sadly Obamacrap is not going to fix anything, now more than ever people on insurance that are provided by their employers will be changing to higher co pays and deductibles because those type of insurance are cheaper and save the employers money while screwing the workers if they chose no to give choices but still falling under Obamacrap guidelines.

So guess where your subsidies are going if you qualify for one, not in your pocket but the insurances pockets so at the end is not going to be any savings to the tax payers if tax payer money is the one to pay for subsidies.

Obamacare savings is lie and a scam.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Obamacare is increasing my medical costs per year by 300%..... Not joking...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by Tardacus

Sadly those 48 million newly insured would not be able to see a doctor until they meet their forced insurance co pays that can run in the thousands of dollars depending how big the co pays in the state they are living at are regulated and we all know how well the states do that.

Co pays can be run yearly by the insurance and the Obamacrap doesn't say anything about how to control that.

People will pay for ever their insurance premiums and when they get an emergency will still be screwed with the bills if their co pays have not been met yet.

Money talks and the whore politicians open their pockets while the people get screwed.

edit on 25-9-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

Not to even mention the real alarm bells.

It's the high deductibles that will kill millions.

Some of the 'plans' are as high as $5000 !!!!!!!

Dr. Obama will help you

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

xuenchen

Not to even mention the real alarm bells.

It's the high deductibles that will kill millions.

Some of the 'plans' are as high as $5000 !!!!!!!

Dr. Obama will help you

I saw that, and the better plan is 1200...that might as well be no medical insurance at all except for catastrophic insurance.

I keep telling everyone it is not the lack of insurance it is the artificial high cost that insurance companies have created.

edit on 25-9-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Ha, that is only in the beginning as we know that after 2014, insurance can adjust their premiums, out of pocket expenses and co pays to make sure that they do not lose money, because no companies including insurance are in the business of losing money.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

My Mom did Phlebotomy for an insurance company at one time and she was so mad when she found out that the insurance company offered the Drs a group pay which made their monthly premiums 7.00!!! at the same time she was sticking the Nurses and they had no option in on the group deal and for full coverage it was really high. I mean more than I make in a year for their family plan.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
When people continue to lose jobs and begin to have failing health from a number of reasons I wont go into here and now, (refer to any of Soficrows threads) they will eventually end up on the social welfare roles for healthcare related costs. This is part of this dark plan imo to raise the cost of medical supplies, and more importantly the medicines, tests and treatments.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Here in my neck of the woods is still people in the poverty like as we are a welfare state, that actually believe Obama is going to send them checks in the mail to pay for insurance.

Now what that tells you, this poor people have not clue that they can not be mandated AKA taxed and neither qualified for any subsidies that actually are to go into the pockets of the insurance companies directly.

Poor, poor, people, Obama care was never for the poor people, but the working class in the system.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Xtrozero
Obamacare is increasing my medical costs per year by 300%..... Not joking...

Obamas waving his wand and spreading his D C Pixie Dust Lies and the Watcher of Honey BoBo and Oprah Winfry show are all Stupid and Happy!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join