It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus names as evil those who think his Father would break heavenly law and have him sacrificed.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

It appears that this is just another anti-Christianity thread devoid of any biblical knowledge whatsoever.

To the OP, come back with some kind of biblical reference to back up your ludicrous claims and maybe there would be a starting point for meaningful discourse, otherwise, this is just a rant.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Greatest I am
Occam

“Mankind does not have the same mind as God, this is evident in the fact that God says Man would die from seeing His "face". The mind of man is not the mind of God, our mind cannot comprehend Him.”
We need then put aside you wild and inaccurate speculation. In Eden God himself says that A & E became as Gods in the knowing of good and evil.

I don't see where God says their minds are now equal to Gods. I see God saying that they now understand one single concept. Following your logic, God knew the nature of everything in the universe, did A&E also know the nature of everything? No. So I guess they weren't equal to God afterall.

“So if I know my girlfriend will cheat on me if she is tempted her cheating is my fault, because I knew it would occur? God did know it would occur, that is where freewill comes into place. We had the free will to follow God, or to sin. God knew our choice, but allowed us to make it.”

Let’s make the scenario of your girlfriend exact shall we.

As her boyfriend, would you put her in a room full of Chip and Dale and expect her not to look?

God never did that. God put them in a city that contained a Chip and Dale, He never placed them in the building. If I move with my gf to a city that contains a Chip and Dale I expect her to not go there.

That is what God did plus he gave the dancers the power to deceive the whole world so he can and does deceive her into thinking she is not looking or doing a good thing.

Try again with an exact scenario and your God looks like the prix that he is.

I just gave you the scenario, and no, you are still wrong. I am still waiting for you to give me the verses, both for your assertions in the OP that older God's must die first and older people must die first, and now for your claim God intentionally placed Satan there Himself.

“God did know it would occur”.

Correct and he also knew that he would have his son needlessly murdered because he wanted A & E to fall so that he could murder them by neglect and forcibly keep them from the tree of life.

That in no way shape or form matches the story in the Bible. Of course I already proved your earlier assertions patently false, and you still can't offer a single verse to back up your statements.

“that is where freewill comes into place. We had the free will to follow God, or to sin. God knew our choice, but allowed us to make it.”

If we only have two choices then that is not free will is it. That is a forced choice. Me or him, says God. Choose freely but not quite free. Only two options are given to you out of three.

And what is the 3rd choice? You follow God, or you don't, there is no 3rd choice possible. When you are allowed to choose that is free will, sorry.

Only a fool would call that free will. And since God murdered them when they did their will and not his, this demonstrates that he did not sallow them free will.

Free will has consequences. Choices have consequences. Do you think a child rapist should suffer no consequences because if we punish him then we remove his free will? Your arguments are getting more ludicrous by the moment.

“False. You are making stuff up now. The Serpent claimed God lied, so they understood the term. They had to choose who they thought was lying. Eve sided with the Serpent.”

“The Serpent claimed God lied,”

This is you lying and making stuff up. Get the non-existent quote.

This is rich, the person who refuses to give verses to back anything up asks for verses.
Gen 3:3
but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’ ”

Gen 3:4
“You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman.

The Serpent is clearly claiming God lied.

You eve understood the term. That is impossible. Lying is usually seen as evil. Eve knew nothing of evil at that point as she had not eaten of it.

Again you display a serious lack in the ability to think. There is a difference between knowing the difference between truth and lie (as children understand the difference) and the complexities of good and evil (as children do not understand that).

If Eve sided with the Serpent it is likely because God lied by omission as he did not tell her of all the consequences of the act. The Serpent had to truthfully fill her in. The only liar in Eden was your vile lying by omission God.

God said she would die, and she did. He was 100% accurate in the consequence.

“If God only allowed for one choice to be made by them, then there is no free will.”

If God only allows two choices as you say he does, then there is no free will.

God allowed every possible choice, there just happens to only be two possible. Follow God or don't. There is no other option. You are welcome to try to show me another option.

“They clearly understood they were disobeying God, and understood it was something they should not do.”

I think it rather hypocritical for you to use the phrase , ” and understood it was something they should not do”,
---- which means bad or evil, to slink away from saying they knew it was evil because you know that they did not know anything of evil.

Nice dishonest ploy friend. Repent.

You are clearly not a parent as children (and animals) understand when they do something wrong, even though the concept of evil is foreign to them.

“Knowing what would happen and preparing for it is not the same as it being what He wanted.”

Hogwash.
Is God’s will not supreme and is he not omnipotent and can make whatever he logically wants happen?
You limit your limitless God at a rather convenient time.

Regards
DL

Yes, all He has to do is remove a little thing called free-will, and then we can't spoil His plan. As long as we have free-will we can choose a different path than the one God wants for us. God not wanting to limit us in no way limits Him, nice logical fallacy.

So I will await the verses I asked for. I know you can't provide them. Bye.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Greatest I am

BELIEVERpriest
reply to post by Glass

God never made suffering His policy. Adam chose sin over fellowship. His suffering was self inflicted. The same goes for us. Each sin we commit is an expression of our own free will at our own expense. Much of our suffering is self inflicted. Even when we target others with malevolence, what goes around comes around.

Christ suffered the penalty of Adam's original poor choice(s) (and the rest of humanities poor choices) by His own free will. Jesus could have declined to go to the cross, and He was offered a way out multiple times. The Father never made Him do it, He did it out of love for His own creation.

False on so many fronts.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

This indicates that Jesus had no choice.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women. They have denied them equality and subjugated them to men.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

------------------------

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin.

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that evil is all human generated. Evil is our responsibility.

Much has been written to explain what I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.
First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created.

Evil then is only human to human.
As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.
Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, we should all see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be. We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.

Regards
DL

God (creator of all that is) is all knowing. Just because He knows all, doesnt mean that He makes your decisions for you. Predestination and free will are two different sides of the same coin. Just because you know 2+2=4 doesnt mean you made it so.

Yes Christianity is based on human sacrafice....primarily Jesus' voluntary sacrafice for all of our sins. Its not like pagan sacrafice where the victim has no choice. All believers in Christ are asked to willingly lay down their lives as Jesus did, and carry their crosses.

No man is equal. The Lucifarians who wrote that into the Constitution were dillusional. There will always be rich and poor, sick and healthy, strong and weak, smart and stupid, believers and deniers, workers and rulers. You should be glad that we each still have a sense of individuality instead of total homogeny as Lucifer would have it. This doesnt mean we should take advantage of our less equal counterparts. Instead we all face the voluntary responsibility to lay our lives down for each other. That is virtuous freedom.

God is not in any way responsible for man's obedience to temptation. Free will is like a muscle. If you exercise it, you get stronger. If it idles, it undergoes atrophy. God gave Adam and Eve the opportunity to resist Satan's tempting lies. Had they resisted temptation, they would have left the situation as stronger beings. But, they failed the test and fell into terminal weakness...at which point, God offered to fix the situation through Jesus' willing human sacrafice. So God took responsibility, therefore He is not guilty. He does not test you without offering redemption in the event of failure. Only the arrogant reject God's grace oriented solutions.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Greatest I am

TruthLover557

Glass
I've always thought that the "ransom" argument was absurd, for reasons that you've stated.

God himself would have created the need for this ransom and then sacrificed his own son, whom he must have dearly loved just as he loves all of his creations.

Its a strange circular argument and suggests that God creates suffering so that he can create convoluted solutions to suffering which in turn cause more suffering and confusion and allow unprecedented numbers of souls to be lost in the process.

I've always thought human statements about what God himself would have done were absurd.

Not near as absurd as the churches telling us how unfathomable God is and then filling your mind with immoral ideas that they say are moral about a God they admit they cannot fathom.And people like you swallow that B S.You and your ilk are absurd not those know know better. Regards
DL

Yes, God is unattainable because we humans cannot possibly fathom it (BECAUSE THEY *the religious community* PUT IT IN SUCH A WAY AS TO BE IMPOSSIBLE AS MERE MORTAL BEINGS); and if you do (oh you silly Cleric deified POPEi-istic cloned wannabees) actually talk to God personally (I DO) you are a thorzine candidate waiting in the rubber room of a Psychiatric facility. Supposedly God sacrificed his Son, Jesus. WHY? Jesus assured us he was the 'son' just as we all are. Are we just sacrifical lambs as well and what is the point, are we part of a game that God hunts us as victims at its whim at will? If one were to believe Satan exists its because God allows it, it is not a separate entity freeforming gods will, IT IS GODs expression just as we are (including all of you burglars, murderers and rapists). I sometimes wonder who is in charge, and whomever it is stands at Gods right hand. I see no evidence God is in charge at all, why; because there is no God as we would understand it; it is a field of energy filled with potencial is all (and produced us). God/Abraham/Allah was an invention by the human; wholy responsible for this ridiculous notion to keep potencial chaos at bay (yes in an open boat in deep blue water without a sail or paddles). Whatever happens dont tell us the truth, we might all die laughing.
edit on 28-9-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos

It appears that this is just another anti-Christianity thread devoid of any biblical knowledge whatsoever.

To the OP, come back with some kind of biblical reference to back up your ludicrous claims and maybe there would be a starting point for meaningful discourse, otherwise, this is just a rant.

Its allowed whatever you wish to label it. I would be hard pressed myself to come back with biblical reference regarding what I thought were Gods inequities; its obvious mistreatment of its own son/mouthpiece..here is a scriptual gem as in what I would call an insane RANT:

Ezekiel 38:
Son of dust, face northward toward the land of Magog, and prophesy against God, king of Meshech and Tubal. Tell him that the Lord God says; I am against you, Gog, I will put hooks into your jaws and pull you to your doom. I will mobilize your troops and armored cavalry and make you a mighty host, all fully armed. Peras, Cush and Put shall join you too with all their weaponry, and so shall Gomer and his hordes and the armies of Togarmah from the distant north as well as many others. Be Prepared! Stay mobilized, You are their leader Gog!

(God is apparently for and against that poor soul Gog unless Gog is God and argueing with ITself). Id say God creates senarios for its own amusement (like the modern day mid- afternoon soap opera) and I find it very funny.
edit on 28-9-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Greatest I am

TruthLover557

Greatest I am

TruthLover557

Seems the only god you know is yourself.

Yes. Exactly how Jesus says it is to work.

Read the Gospel of Thomas.

Regards
DL

No, you read the gospel of Thomas. I read the Bible.

I will no longer read anything by you.

Not surprising. As you have shown, you lack the wit to understand it.

Go hide in your book of fairy tales child. You are nice and safe there with your imaginary sugar daddy and scapegoat Jesus.

I am not an atheist but Satan and Christians want atheists to embrace barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that we should profit from punishing the innocent instead of the guilty and here you are preaching for Satan. Shame on you.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning.

He would know that barbaric human sacrifice is immoral.

You do too. Right?

Those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a so called son just to prove it's benevolence.

When you die, Satan will ask you; How was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

When you say yes, you become his.

Regards
DL

First and foremost, you are rude.

Secondly, I've read the Gnostic scriptures and had the wisdom, through the holy spirit, to discern the message therein was not inspired by God.

Wit has no bearing on matters of truth.

I will leave you with the Word and hope that some day you stop despising its spiritual and historical veracity.

"The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit." 1 Cor. 2

"My son, if you accept my words
and store up my commands within you,
turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding—
indeed, if you call out for insight
and cry aloud for understanding,
and if you look for it as for silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the Lord
and find the knowledge of God.
For the Lord gives wisdom;
from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
He holds success in store for the upright,
he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
for he guards the course of the just
and protects the way of his faithful ones.
Then you will understand what is right and just
and fair—every good path.
For wisdom will enter your heart,
and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.
Discretion will protect you,
and understanding will guard you." Prov. 2

edit on 28-9-2013 by TruthLover557 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

BELIEVERpriest

Greatest I am
If you hate your kids as God hated A & E, you put someone there to urge your child to electrocute himself.

Regards
DL

Man is not a product of his environment. Temptation-enviroment is a factor. Adam and Eve made their choices. God gave them specific instructions. To say their poor choices are some how God's fault is to curtail personal responsibility.

If you believe your environment made you who you are, the you are a mindless slave. Your decisions are an illusion of free will and you are by no means on the path to enlightenment.

Would you think as you do if you lived in the Congo?
You will likely say no. That means that you are a product of your environment.

As to A & E, that was not an instruction from God. It was a command and A & E would not have known that it was evil to not follow it as they had no knowledge of good and evil till after they ate of the tree of knowledge.

Further, are the not supposed to have had free will. If so then they were free to ignore God's really stupid command to remain as bright as brick in ignorant bliss of almost all knowledge that man can know because damned near everything is subject to good and evil.

Why did God put Satan there to insure that Eve ate?

Regard
DL

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Deuteronomy 24:16 KJV
16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

That first quote shows God condemning Jesus to death even before creating the potential for sin showing clearly that Jesus death was not required. That makes that decision a sin and quite immoral.

The second quote shows that the child will not be put to death for the Father and I read that to say not for the fathers request for a ransom as well.

Your prick of a judge wanted to get bought off by a ransom he himself set and any justice system that can be bought or accepts bribes is completely corrupt.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Occam
"God said she would die, and she did. He was 100% accurate in the consequence. "

Indeed because he made sure she died by preventing her from reaching what would keep her alive. The tree of life.

Right?

If your child is hungry and you intentionally do not feed it, and it starves to death, would you say it died or would it be more accurate to say that you murdered it?

If I can get an honest answer here I will bother with your other simplistic and wrong replies to my points.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Believer

"Yes Christianity is based on human sacrifice....primarily Jesus' voluntary sacrifice for all of our sins."

Jesus said, my father who sent me. Not my father asked and I said yes.
Jesus said, I do my Fathers will and not my own.
Jesus said, why have you forsaken me. That does not sound like God accepting a barbaric human sacrifice. It sound like God rejecting it as he would know that human sacrifice is quite immoral.

I am not an atheist but Satan and Christians want atheists to embrace barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that we should profit from punishing the innocent instead of the guilty and here you are preaching for Satan. Shame on you.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning.

He would know that barbaric human sacrifice is immoral.

You do too. Right?

Those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a so called son just to prove it's benevolence.

When you die, Satan will ask you; How was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

When you say yes, you become his.

Regards
DL
edit on 29-9-2013 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
[ I sometimes wonder who is in charge, and whomever it is stands at Gods right hand. editby]

Actually, a careful reading of Job shows God saying that Satan moved him to hurt without just cause.

That leaves no doubt that Satan is in charge.

Christians of course will not agree but if they deny Satan's dominion here then they are also denying the temptation of Christ. When point out these two irrefutable options, they either slink away with tails tucked or just throw a stone on their way out. Either way they have no argument against me.

I am not sure if this following is ready or not yet because I usually like to re-read my O Ps a few time before putting them up but I wonder if you could give a quick revue for me if you have the time and inclination. I have put a lot of ideas together and when I do that I sometimes get the idea I want to convey lost in the details by trying to keep tings short as to not lose the reader. Either way, thanks in advance.

-----------------------------------

Is Satan both the Holy Spirit and God’s wife or Asherah?

In the beginning, if we follow the more common Christian dogma, we find the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit alone in the whole universe.

For some reason, the Holy Spirit holds the highest rank and we know this because we can curse both the Father and Jesus and be forgiven but we will not be forgiven for cursing the Holy Spirit. Jesus, as man’s forgiving force thus put’s the Holy Spirit above himself and God the Father.

As above so bellow.

In pondering what Eden was like and why God would have done the foolish thing of casting Satan to Eden, one can only say that that must have somehow been God’s best move. God would not put an enemy in his garden so Satan must have been good and not evil. This is irrefutable. The only worthy helper then for God would have been the Holy Ghost and it must then be Satan.

In esoteric terms this also makes sense as we have to go through fire/Satan to reach God. Note the burning bush. Eve had to go through Satan/fire to reach wisdom and a moral sense that as God said was as sophisticated as Gods own moral sense. That is why Adam followed so sheepishly. As Man’s guide, Satan was given the power to deceive the whole world and God gave Satan dominion over the whole earth. A huge reward from God to Satan.

God in Job is seen as under Satan’s control as it has God stating that Satan moved him to do evil. Logic then says that Satan is in control of God. We all know that God is led by duty and honor and he followed Satan in showing us what was evil within God himself.

To this point, as shown, we have God deferring to Satan.

As above so below.

Who have men of power ever deferred to?

Only their wives. Kings have always fought for Queens, family and country.

From our human POV, we see God deferring to Satan both in punishment of cursing and also in Eden. If both men and God defer to women as the usual form, then Satan logically is God’s wife or Asherah.

Asherah thus rules heaven and women on earth should rule the world.

There is a hymn that says of Adam’s sin that it was a happy fault and a necessary sin.
God made sure it happened by putting his best in charge of the earth and Eden. His wife Satan.

God’s greatest love is Satan.

There can be no other logical explanation for God putting Satan in Eden and why God rewarded Satan so nicely.
God does not reward evil, he rewards good, --- and so Satan must be good.

Do you agree or do you think God rewards evil?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Greatest I am

ProfessorChaos

That first quote shows God condemning Jesus to death even before creating the potential for sin showing clearly that Jesus death was not required. That makes that decision a sin and quite immoral.

No, it shows Jesus' death was required, and God knew all along exactly what would happen. This is in line with an all knowing God. How you decide Jesus' death was not required is beyond me, as it doesn't follow logical thinking in the slightest.

Deuteronomy 24:16 KJV
16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

The second quote shows that the child will not be put to death for the Father and I read that to say not for the fathers request for a ransom as well.

So you choose to decide a verse says something it doesn't? Big surprise. Now maybe you can show me where God requested Jesus be a ransom. Although that is a moot point since the verse you quoted says a child shall not be put to death for the sin of his father. Jesus was not killed for God's sin. Therefore the verse you twisted for no apparent reason doesn't apply anyways. As I said, you have zero biblical backing for your stupid assertion.

Your prick of a judge wanted to get bought off by a ransom he himself set and any justice system that can be bought or accepts bribes is completely corrupt.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

God wasn't bought off, nor was there a bribe. God and Jesus did humanity a favor. Please list the verse where Jesus' death is called a bribe to God. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Greatest I am
Occam
"God said she would die, and she did. He was 100% accurate in the consequence. "

Indeed because he made sure she died by preventing her from reaching what would keep her alive. The tree of life.

Right?

Because she made herself unworthy of the tree of life.

If your child is hungry and you intentionally do not feed it, and it starves to death, would you say it died or would it be more accurate to say that you murdered it?

God never prevented access to food. So your analogy makes no sense. A better analogy would be if my child, after I warn them of the dangers of drugs and tell them drugs will kill them, decides to become a cokehead (eat the fruit), and as a result I tell them they have to leave my house (being kicked out of the Garden). Then after they leave they overdose and die, that is their fault. I warned them drugs would kill them, it did.

If I can get an honest answer here I will bother with your other simplistic and wrong replies to my points.

Regards
DL

The one who is wrong is you, starting with your OP, which you have zero biblical backing for.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Greatest I am

vethumanbeing
[ I sometimes wonder who is in charge, and whomever it is stands at Gods right hand. editby]

Actually, a careful reading of Job shows God saying that Satan moved him to hurt without just cause.

Ahh that was you who made that stupid thread. I destroyed your stupid arguments in that thread too. Last I checked the guy in charge doesn't crawl to his underling and ask permission. My manager doesn't ask me if she can take a day off.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

BELIEVERpriest
reply to post by Glass

God never made suffering His policy. Adam chose sin over fellowship. His suffering was self inflicted. The same goes for us. Each sin we commit is an expression of our own free will at our own expense. Much of our suffering is self inflicted. Even when we target others with malevolence, what goes around comes around.

Christ suffered the penalty of Adam's original poor choice(s) (and the rest of humanities poor choices) by His own free will. Jesus could have declined to go to the cross, and He was offered a way out multiple times. The Father never made Him do it, He did it out of love for His own creation.

I'm not legitimising any accounts of this horror movie script - but it was my distinct impression from reading the draft, that it was eve who gave the apple to adam, after she had had it offered to her...strictly speaking (and according to the fairy tale) it was eve who showed poor judgement...
God never made suffering a policy - but the FREE WILL mandate means that mistakes will be made...and the price paid is cause and effect, according to the mechanism installed...freedom to make mistakes...that's a genius move!...

As per OP, the mere mention of a created being...challenging its creator is so far out of the ballpark, it is lucky the horror story has any cohesion at all...save for the hand-wringing and hell amusement park stories, it is wondrous that any pare the classic motifs in this blockbuster of a drama series, centuries in the making...

Å99

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Right?

------------------------

Thanks for acknowledging that God murdered A & E.

Your other replies suit my purposes so I will let them be.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Greatest I am

vethumanbeing

Though I agree with much of what you say, I disagree with you here.

Satan first asks permission from God to terrorize Job, his rationale; Job is faithful because you're good to him, but take away everything he has and he will curse your name. God gives the green light on the condition that Job's life be spared. Satan completely destroys Job's life, but Job only asks why God would do this to him, never speaking ill of God.

Satan is an agent of God. His function is similar to the proverbial devil-on-the-shoulder, symbolic of the dark side of the conscience. He is essentially the externalized embodiment of God's own sinful nature. (Christians will deny this on the grounds that Satan is supposedly God's enemy and that God can only ever be good, but I believe my logic and understanding are sound.)

As for Satan being God's wife, I'm not sure what source material you used to derive that conclusion. I'm all for looking at things from a non-biblical perspective as well, but I'd like to see if your ideas are supported by other religious texts. You claim that this can be the only logical explanation, however I think "Occam's Razor*" supports my previous statements.

*the Occam's Razor principle, not necessarily the poster
edit on 30/9/2013 by Glass because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
OccamsRazor04, I admire your patience and persistence in corresponding with the OP. You state the bottom line quite well. The OP has zero biblical backing for the ludicrous conclusions he/she has made and attributed to “careful readings” of scripture.

I am genuinely disheartened every time I find someone like the OP — spreading an ideology that is nothing more than a completely distorted perversion of ancient biblical text. But I've always known such people exist, existed and will exist in the world. I accept that. I try to correct false statements concerning the Bible in a reasonable manner, but I have to admit — Greatest I Am really tests my patience with his/her relentless consistency in preaching falsehoods.

Glass, we have different beliefs about God and differing interpretations of his word. However, I greatly appreciate your willingness to point out that Greatest I Am's retelling of the story of Job is not based on the story of Job as told in its original source, which happens to be the Bible.

Not believing or submitting to the God of the Bible and his message is one thing, but I believe distorting and perverting that message to tout your own account of history then presenting it as a factual account of the Bible is another.

Glass, though you have a differing interpretation and opinion of the Bible than I do, you do not anger me. I appreciate your perspective. My impression is positive because it is clear that you are referring to the same book that I am referring to. You appear to be committed to honest dialogue with others. This is not the case with the OP.

While I know this disappoints no one, I refuse to argue with Greatest I Am again because Greatest I Am refuses to engage in honest dialogue.

My final hope is that Greatest I Am does not have an influential role in society. Much harm has been caused by people who change the word of God in order to manipulate society’s weaker members into serving their own selfish desires. I'll spare you the anecdotal evidence and suffice it to say that this method has been applied by cult leaders, child abusers, tyrants and others who have distorted God's word for personal gain.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthLover557

"My final hope is that Greatest I Am does not have an influential role in society. Much harm has been caused by people who change the word of God in order to manipulate society’s weaker members into serving their own selfish desires. I'll spare you the anecdotal evidence and suffice it to say that this method has been applied by cult leaders, child abusers, tyrants and others who have distorted God's word for personal gain."

One would have thought that a paragraph like this would not be used as an example against ONE solitary poster (or OP) to legitimise 'the word of God' - it seems the 2nd largest world religion is implicated in them all...of course, it doesn't mean the whole apple cart is rotten, but following examples of more worldly institutions, this company would have folded long ago due to its Systemic Failure to address very serious issues. The baulk and shift that is used to try and make it invisible is the same baulk and shift that doesn't recognize the inconsistency of a cobbled piece of writing, and/or the behaviour of it's adherents when it comes to trying to make sense of 'the word of God' in any meaningful way - as per the original OP.

Å99

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Greatest I am

Right?

------------------------

Thanks for acknowledging that God murdered A & E.

Your other replies suit my purposes so I will let them be.

Regards
DL

I tried, but I think I understand now exactly why you are unable to understand simple concepts, and why I have been unable to get logical replies from you.

You can't fix stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join