It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman's leg was broken, lawsuit filed..Cops changed their story when defense said the had a film..O

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This is from the Sydney Morning Herald.. Pretty bad story if the article is true... At least for once it was not in America. Thank goodness for video cameras or the CCTV ! How many times have we seen authorities back pedal when video evidence is found; to many times IMO.

Police initially denied the kick occurred but sought to amend their defense in the Sydney District Court on Monday, minutes before the beginning of a five-day trial, after Ms Gardner's legal team revealed they had obtained CCTV footage from Cronulla station.

An altercation ensued when the tourists couldn't produce identification and police attended. Ms Gardner claims that when she protested that one of the tourists was being pinned to the ground by a transit officer, Acting Sergeant Craig Sands kicked both her legs out from under her, breaking her right leg.

When she objected to what she believed was an unlawful arrest, an officer said ''we don't care if this is legal'', the statement said. Ms Gardner was not taken to a police station and charged. Instead, she was driven to Sutherland railway station and ''left to fend for herself in a seriously injured condition''.

See full article @ www.smh.com.au...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

If you are dedicated to finding "bad" police then you will find what you seek.

Try searching for good police.

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

tweetybird0428
reply to post by 727Sky

No. Good police are not an issue. Bad police are a threat to life and limb.

Being an apologist for bad cops is a losing proposition.

Edit - being driven to the station and abandoned is barbaric. Hope these cops are found guilty and sent to prison. A few more bad apples dealt with.
edit on 25-9-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
When the people may be armed,
we don't have police just taking
them down in the street.

But when the peasants are unarmed
it's just your word against theirs.

Funny thing that.

"Standing armies are a threat to liberty. It is through standing armies that the people are enslaved."

Goddamn British and their propaganda machine
have convinced the average person that police
are not standing armies. Some naïve people
even think they are there for protection.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Bassago

tweetybird0428
reply to post by 727Sky

No. Good police are not an issue. Bad police are a threat to life and limb.

Being an apologist for bad cops is a losing proposition.

Edit - being driven to the station and abandoned is barbaric. Hope these cops are found guilty and sent to prison. A few more bad apples dealt with.
edit on 25-9-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

Well said my friend, We expect police to obey the laws the are paid to enforce; not lie until caught by CCTV with their hands in the cookie jar..

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

tweetybird0428

What planet would you start your search on?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

tweetybird0428
reply to post by 727Sky

So....lemme get this right.....your saying we shouldn't look for bad cops....so we should what? Let them just keep on doing horrible things?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

tweetybird0428
reply to post by 727Sky

no such animal

[their refusal to clean house makes them accessories/accomplices.]

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tweetybird0428

I tried. Came up empty handed. Guess all that exists are the bad guys.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Mnemicrsl

You know, I posted a NUMBER of videos and stories of GOOD cops, look for them, they DO exist

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

mikegrouchy
When the people may be armed,
we don't have police just taking
them down in the street.

But when the peasants are unarmed
it's just your word against theirs.

Funny thing that.

"Standing armies are a threat to liberty. It is through standing armies that the people are enslaved."

Goddamn British and their propaganda machine
have convinced the average person that police
are not standing armies. Some naïve people
even think they are there for protection.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

sorry, now, just what have the limeys to do with this story about Australian police?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

727Sky
Woman's leg was broken
breaking her right leg.

CCTV footage ... showed the officers chatting on the station as Ms Gardner limped away.

Now personally, I've never had a broken leg, so I'll have to ask those of you who had.
When your leg got broken, did you get up and walk away with a limp?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Walking and limbing not exactly the same. She could've supported herself by leaning against something. Also leg does have 2 strong bones so I'd recon you wouldn't be floored if only one of them broke. Or the braking wasn't that bad.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

alfa1

Now personally, I've never had a broken leg, so I'll have to ask those of you who had.
When your leg got broken, did you get up and walk away with a limp?

My wife's father thought he had just bruised his leg falling off a motorbike and limped around for 3 months before he decided to get it looked at and the x-ray came back as a broken leg. So yes, it is possible depending on where the break happened on the leg and how far through the bone it went.

edit on 26/9/2013 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Now imagine how many people didn't have the benefit of recorded footage.

I'm truly curious what effect the internet is having on the ranks of law enforcement in terms of continuing to be willing to protect officers that abuse and lie about it.

I boggle to imagine the sort of footage from within prisons that could be leaked.

There truly are people who will only respond to or respect a punch in the face. I get that... but THOSE are often being left alone because they will *mess you up* as they aren't afraid of the officers. The weaker are still almost always the ones targeted when a badge is able to be used for protection.
edit on 26-9-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
James Bond had nothing on this guy except for a passenger ejection seat!! The video (s) systems he installed are amazing. The problem is how have we come so far "in thinking" that some believe they need to go to several of these defense measures? Bullet proof glass, multiple cameras and mikes, Electric Door knobs, smoke screen, etc etc. The guy must have more money than sense yet the car does have some neat stuff....

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Or this...

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

wow... what a crazy story

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

BardingTheBard
reply to post by 727Sky

I'm truly curious what effect the internet is having on the ranks of law enforcement in terms of continuing to be willing to protect officers that abuse and lie about it.

The internet has become a major thorn in the lion's paw of those wishing to control us. My guess is the internet could be one of, if not, THE biggest impediment to their plans. Hence why you see a myriad of laws attempting to be implemented that either restrict internet access or to make those who shine the light on our cockroach "rulers" liable for their speech.

Gone are the days of a completely state controlled media.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join