It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Approval to Use a Nuclear Bomb Against Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Is this more BS from AQ?
Since 9/11 AQ has been limited in its ability to produce any major, or large attacks against CONUS.

Personally, I think this is just a smoke screen or a PR stunt. AQ has been so damaged by the WOT that the only thing they can do is make announcements and boast about what they would like to do!

Former Head of CIA'S Osama Bin Laden Unit Says the Qaeda Leader Has Secured Religious Approval to Use a Nuclear Bomb Against Americans

Nov. 12 2004
Drudge Report

Osama bin Laden now has religious approval to use a nuclear device against Americans, says the former head of the CIA unit charged with tracking down the Saudi terrorist. The former agent, Michael Scheuer, speaks to Steve Kroft in his first television interview without disguise to be broadcast on 60 MINUTES Sunday, Nov. 14 (7:00-8:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Scheuer was until recently known as the "anonymous" author of two books critical of the West's response to bin Laden and al Qaeda, the most recent of which is titled Imperial Hubris: Why the West is Losing the War on Terror. No one in the West knows more about the Qaeda leader than Scheuer, who has tracked him since the mid-1980s. The CIA allowed him to write the books provided he remain anonymous, but now is allowing him to reveal himself for the first time on Sunday's broadcast; he formally leaves the Agency today (12).

Even if bin Laden had a nuclear weapon, he probably wouldn't have used it for a lack of proper religious authority - authority he has now. "[Bin Laden] secured from a Saudi sheik...a rather long treatise on the possibility of using nuclear weapons against the Americans," says Scheuer. "[The treatise] found that he was perfectly within his rights to use them. Muslims argue that the United States is responsible for millions of dead Muslims around the world, so reciprocity would mean you could kill millions of Americans," Scheuer tells Kroft.

www.drudgereport.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
:: Bin Laden's nuclear plot.

The Sunday Times - World

November 14, 2004

Bin Laden's nuclear plot.

Osama Bin Laden approached a prominent Saudi Arabian theologian to obtain religious approval for the use of a nuclear weapon against the United States, according to a senior CIA analyst who led the hunt for the Saudi-born terrorist chief, writes Tony Allen-Mills.
The theologian provided a “rather long treatise” that concluded Bin Laden was entitled to use the weapon because America was responsible for “millions of dead Muslims around the world”, said Michael Scheuer, the former head of the CIA unit dedicated to tracking Bin Laden.

Scheuer resigned from the CIA last Friday to enable him to speak freely about what he regards as the agency’s failures to take Bin Laden seriously prior to the attacks of September 11, 2001. He was previously known in intelligence circles as the anonymous author of the book Imperial Hubris: Why the West is Losing the War on Terror.

In an interview to be broadcast on the CBS 60 Minutes programme in America tonight, Scheuer says Bin Laden was criticised in some Muslim circles because he failed to provide advance warning of the September 11 attacks and, according to some interpretations of Islamic law, should first have offered to help convert his victims to Islam.

Scheuer argues that Bin Laden’s recent video appearance amounted to a warning of a future attack.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the article about what you are saying.Allegedly,Osama had asked a Saudi Arabian theologian if he could use a NBC against America,but he was told that he cant until he has exhausted the possibility of converting Americans to Islamic religion.Seen that he has no chance in doing that,a nuclear attack may be imminent.I think that Osama is definitely not bluffing and it is going to happen,soon.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by robin1976]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Bin Laden really doesn't know when to give up, does he? George W. Bush should've captured and killed him inside Tora-bora mountains when he had the chance. I wish Kerry was elected...

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
"Bin Laden really doesn't know when to give up, does he? George W. Bush should've captured and killed him inside Tora-bora mountains when he had the chance. I wish Kerry was elected..."

thats ridiculous

why on earth would he not have captured OBL
from a strictly political standing if he had captured him his re-elcetion would have been 100% secure. when he captured saddam hussein his aproval went through the roof.

i doubt a democrat would have even run against him.
and im just speaking for base political motives of george bush not on moral reasons to capture OBL.

also could kerry really do that much better? would kerry have talked OBL out of inner city pakistan, which is where he most likly is

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Do people really think if they had a nuclear weapon they would wait for permission to use it.

And what if they didnt get Religious Approval would they just use it as a paper weight and take the hit for the 250 million it cost them.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
hmmm, but a nuclear weapon used by them would probibly be what is called a 'dirty bomb' or a bomb loaded with radioactive material and then throws it everywhere, hence giving anyone arround radiation poisoning, as well as making it airborn, and spreading further.

To fear a full out nuclear fission or even fusion weapon is...interesting, they would have to buy it (it is possible they may have enough) from one of the nations that have nuclear weapons:

USA- LOL no way

Russia- The US will top anyone's price, we buy their nukes and destroy them

India- mabey, but we are pretty friendly, so I think not

Pakistan- the most likely source

UK-LOL no, again

Isreal-Juws helping muslums, I think not

France- no, I don't think so

N. Korea- they couldn't spare them, after all they only have a few

China- they wouldn't risk it

mabey Iraq- we've seen their weapons of mass Destructo

Mabey Iran- Mabey, but if they do have one, they wouldn't spare it

Mabey Syria- I doubt they have one, let alone one to spare

Afgan. Before they left- No, Afgan couldn't buy a nuke from the former USSR, to the north is Kazakhstan, a former USSR state that gave up even trying to produce one (ie. they couldn't buy it from the former USSR)

Hmm, so I doubt they have a weapon that will kill millions, as well it is VERY dificult to machine your own, you could, but it would require weapon's grade raidoactive material, which is kept pretty well controlled.

yup yup, so I don't think any nuclear weapon they could conjur up will kill millions.

[edit on 14/11/2004 by dusty1031]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I agree Pakistan would be the most likely source dusty1031. Sure Russia has alot of them and could use the money but they dont exactly like Islamic terrorist as they seem to have their own problems with them. I think Russia or the Red Mafia would rather destroy a nuke then risk it getting into the hands of the likes of Chechen terrorist.

Pakistan is known to have ties with the Taliban and I dont know if anyone knows how far that goes in the Pakistan goverment.

dr

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hmmmm...........

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
more likely if they came from Russia it would be through a 3rd or 4th party...

Think Russia sells them to black market guy, who sells it to other black market guy who sells to OBL.

It wouldn't be Russia selling it anyway, but rather someone who worked in the Russian military who took advantage of their collapse.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Yeah there's nothing like a "religious" ruling that says that because you hate the politicians and government of a country that it's now ok to murder millions of their civilians.

This guy should be shot simply for embarassing his own religion by calling himself a religious leader.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Djarums, you go girl!

Like some leader being divinely selected to be president, giving him the right to invade a coundtry with no WMDs, no link to 911, no link to Al-Qaeda and kill 20,000 plus Iraqis, 1187 Americans and all at a cost of 210 billion so far.

*head spinning*

oops, wait a minute,
could it be that instead of religious fervor running the world we need rational thinkers?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
If it comes from anywhere it will be a southern border, last year I watched a congressman tell congress a story about a US farmer on the mexican boarder pissed off because every year he was counting over 30000 imigrants cross his land damaging his crops with little or no help from boarder control. His ten minute story fell on deaf ears. You may never stop a nuke from getting through but you could damn sure miminize the chance if you just spent a portion of the homeland security money to build a concrete wall across the southern us border!!

I say send the dozers and concrete now

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Why is it so hard to believe OBL would ask religious approval before using a nuke? After all, God told George Bush to invade Iraq ...

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Well, did Osama get religous aproval for the WTC attacks ? NO. So why would he bother now ? I didn't think there was anyting in the Koran specifically citing that nuclear weapons could not be used.
Let's face it as has been said previously - If Bin Laden had a nuke he would use it. No Doubt.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by netbound
Why is it so hard to believe OBL would ask religious approval before using a nuke? After all, God told George Bush to invade Iraq ...

I really want to know one thing!

Just where in the heck is any proof that President Bush said anything like, "God told me to invade Iraq!" at?

Sometimes, some of the comments made here are more ridiculous than some of the ones I've made in the past!

Getting back to the thread, terrorists have a mind-set to seek out the most destructive weapons known to man, for their own personal use against innocent civilians, without permission from any clerics or government.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
To this day there are still around 100 (one hundred) Fully Operational Self Contained Nuclear Bombs Each Compatmentalized into a Suit Case KNOWN MISSING from the Russian Munitions Stockpiles! Where are they?????
Some people vision a nuke only being in the form of a large missle and that is a myth.
Next time you see someone suspicious packing a case of beer down main street LA or NYC you may want to consider what he's paking... and beaware of the fact that nukes of this age fit easily in back packs, suit cases etc. and can easily be carried by a single individual and are 100% Fully Functional Devices!
The Naieve citizens that think the US/MEX boarder is Safe because a nuke can only be carried by a Semi-Truck are DEAD WRONG.
So My Fellow Americans It might be a good time to update your home encyclopaedia's and - - - - -
Consider these little facts next time you flip to CSPAN to Watch Your Congressmen bickering about who is going to get cheated out of stealing Money from homeland security funds, Money that could be in use building a concrete security wall across the mexican border (known for about 95% of imigration breaches)

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Getting back to the thread, terrorists have a mind-set to seek out the most destructive weapons known to man, for their own personal use against innocent civilians, without permission from any clerics or government.

Agreed. I am a bit confused though, is OBL seeking permission for using an atomic bomb or for killing millions of people. Would he need permission, say if he was going to kill people with chemical weapons

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Terrorist operate secretively, He could give a rats hole who cares, if it is true he seeks permision its only so he can Stake out his Stature With His POINTY TAIL and Maintain his fake Brotherly Muslim Perssona with that Organization to make them feel involved!!
Real Question would be is Who The Terrorist Are That Feel They Can Grant Such An Ungodly Permission!!!!

DEAL WITH THE DEVIL YOUR GONNA GET BURNED

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Well it has already been mention by some Cleric in a interview that they have already in place through out the US of WMD... and their 90% perpared to take action. Not to mention a warning has already been given to the Mulsums to take warning and depart from the US. I guess the other 10% of this plan was to get permission as well as the warning to get out, and some time to do it. So to focus on the borders right now may be a mute effort. However I guess I would be looking closer to who is leaving, this giving a indication of a such event...
I have already notice that there have been a few Businesses that were run by a certain ethnic group to have closed up shop without prior warning, one day open, next closed all contends gone. Humm?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
If OBL Nukes tge USA at anytime, a good stock investment would be in a white stripe paint manufacturer. people in office now would probable nuke that place so when the oil stopped burning it would be one huge parking lot!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join