It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate working on counterpart to CISPA cybersecurity bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

The Hill

Senate Intelligence Committee Chairwoman Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) is working on legislation that would encourage companies and the government to share information about cyber attacks.
In a brief interview with The Hill in the U.S. Capitol on Tuesday, Feinstein said she has prepared a draft bill and plans to move it forward.
The legislation would be the Senate's counterpart to the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act, known as CISPA, which cleared the House in April.

Where Mike Rogers failed, Feinstein will try her hand.

Tone Deaf Dianne Feinstein Thinks Now Is A Good Time To Revive CISPA

Yes, it seems that even though the NSA gleefully hid the evidence of widespread abuses from Feinstein's oversight committee, she's playing the co-dependent role yet again. Yes, there's a chance that this new version of the bill will actually take into account privacy and civil liberties, but I doubt many people would take a bet on that being likely.

I doubt that too. Senator Feinstein has been on a roll lately...

Sen. Feinstein Wants to Strip Independent Journalists’ Rights

Feinstein seems chiefly concerned with affiliates of Wikileaks and other such agencies calling themselves journalists. She has been one of the most vocal Senators in calling for prosecuting Julian Assange, Chelsea Manning and Edward Snowden for espionage. Evidently, publicizing some of the most critical information of our time that other more “reputable” agencies wouldn’t touch does not count as an act of journalism, particularly when the leaked info makes Feinstein look bad.

DIANNE FEINSTEIN DEFINES "JOURNALIST"

The final hurdle for the Judiciary Committee was defining who is a journalist in the digital era. Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) insisted on limiting the legal protection to "real reporters" and not, she said, a 17-year-old with his own website. "I can't support it if everyone who has a blog has a special privilege ... or if Edward Snowden were to sit down and write this stuff, he would have a privilege. I'm not going to go there," she said. Feinstein introduced an amendment that defines a "covered journalist" as someone who gathers and reports news for "an entity or service that disseminates news and information." The definition includes freelancers, part-timers and student journalists, and it permits a judge to go further and extend the protections to any "legitimate news-gathering activities." But the bill also makes it clear that the legal protection is not absolute. Federal officials still may "compel disclosure" from a journalist who has information that could stop or prevent crimes such as murder, kidnapping or child abduction or prevent "acts of terrorism" or significant harm to national security.

There is just tons of stuff on this out of touch senator. How is she still in office? Of all the comments I have seen nobody likes this senator and desperately wants her out of office. Californians, get your act together.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

Dianne Feinstein is simply possessed by demons and I don't even believe in demons. She is beyond insane, just look at any picture of her. Eyes are the window and she is clearly messed up. Maybe she was cloned from John McCain.

Hopefully this legislation of her's will fall flat.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Dianne Feinstein is the poster child for term limits. The woman is 80 years old... go home!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

darkwingduck

Dianne Feinstein is the poster child for term limits. The woman is 80 years old... go home!

She's just now getting ripe. Everyone knows a legislator isnt worth anything until the dementia and senility really take root.

Vote for me! I dont know where I am!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
She's the one to watch. Closely. Everyone who sees Vietnam as a part of history read about in books, raise their hand? (raises paw)

The Tet Offensive happened the year before she got into politics as a City Supervisor in San Francisco. Then Mayor for 10 years to 1988...and a Senator since 1992. Now isn't that just something...and few wield the individual political power she does. Seniority is only part of it..but it's a big part. She plays hard too.

She just got another term and her age means she's got nothing left to lose in pushing everything she's ever wanted ..and the force to get a lot of it through, too, IMO.

Pelosi is just one among 435. Another cat in the herd. Feinstein is 1 among 100...and 1 of only 2 for her state. A truly meaningful difference in this case, IMO.

new topics

top topics

join