It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Magazine: Al-Qaeda Plans To Move Nuclear Material into USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
In a forthcoming Nov. 22 issue of TIME magazine, a report written by Adam Zagorin and Syed Talat Hussain will be printed, claiming that an al-Qaeda operative has told his interrogators that there are plans to move nuclear material over the border from Mexico or from Europe.

A key al-Qaeda operative seized in Pakistan recently offered an alarming account of the group's potential plans to target the U.S. with weapons of mass destruction, senior U.S. security officials tell TIME. Sharif al-Masri, an Egyptian who was captured in late August near Pakistan's border with Iran and Afghanistan, has told his interrogators of "al-Qaeda's interest in moving nuclear materials from Europe to either the U.S. or Mexico," according to a report circulating among U.S. government officials.

Masri also said al-Qaeda has considered plans to "smuggle nuclear materials to Mexico, then operatives would carry material into the U.S.," according to the report, parts of which were read to TIME.

www.time.com... html

This is all the more interesting because this comes from a reputable source, Time Magazine, and not some wild internet "news" site with its own political agendas or fringe messageboards.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by rangeroftheeast]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
These are some scary times we are in now. I havent had this feeling of dread since the Cold war in the late 70's and early 80's. I was just a kid then, but I was taught what a neuclear holocaust was in school. The sad fact is that in order to control our borders, we will have to build some kind of huge barrier between us and Mexico. The means of boarder patrole and the lack of any real type of deterrent barrier leaves to many spaces wide open. I dont think our government wants to devote the magnitude of resources needed to pull something like this off. Our boarders are open and Al puka has plans to sneak a nuke in. Scary times indeed.

join