It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone on ATS going to buy the new track and trace iPhone, really?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I realize that the trendies, yuppies and generally clueless sheeple will not only buy it but will be camping out, waiting in line and fighting over it.

But what about ATSers?

I mean, everyone on here has to realize that this is the ultimate in government surveillance (at-least up to this point).

iSpy: How the NSA Accesses Smartphone Data.

From the NYC police telling the slaves to upgrade to the latest OS to the thumbprint feature, this thing is a complete joke.

This "advertisement" for the new iPhone 5nSa might as well be true:

Knowing full well what this government is up to, is anyone really going to get this thing?

edit on 25-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: added a link

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Its one of those weird things though....

There ARE ways that COULD lead to the CIA getting a copy of the prints. But there is also very good and reasonable reason to assume that in fact the finger print IS only stored and accessible on the phone at the time.

One hilarious aspect to this is that you can use all sorts of other bits of your body to unlock your phone with the finger print reader, including and not limited to elbows, knuckles and nipples.

Yes nipples.

Now if personally never use my nipples on my NSA5s iFrame - my nipples are all over many crime scenes

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Recently bought my very first smart phone, an android. The first thing I did was look to see what was running, and I found a whole host of googleware sending lord knows what back to google. I've removed all of them and the phone still works just fine, so can only wonder what all that software was getting up to.

As for tracking, its unavoidable, all phones connect to the masts and that reveals its position.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm not upgrading from my iphone4g I like it as it is

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

According to Apple , over 9 million people already have.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Not presently, but as always purchases tend to be circumstantial and dependant on a lot of "ifs" such as...

If the need arose (aka broken phone)
If the means arose (aka extra financial capital to purchase said device)
If the reputation was hard to ignore (aka positive portrayal by media)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I have the iPhone 5, and just this week I got a notification in my settings to update it to the iOS. Personally I don't want to, I've heard nothing but negatives. My husband works for a cellphone company and has told me that if I don't do the upgrade, I will eventually no longer be able to download any applications.

I guess I will hold off as long as I can:/

top topics

join